DoT overhaul info?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nekris, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Nekris New Member

Just curious if there is any current update on the status of fixing necro dots. I remember shaman dots getting looked at a while back which had a little crossover, but not heard anything in a rather long time.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Your splurt line is no longer getting reduced damage per tick due to dot duration focii.

Enjoy the revamp.
    Taladir likes this.
  3. Ryak Augur

I can't find the dislike button.
  4. Ottopaul Journeyman

Honestly, i think a big part of the reason why this hasn't happened it is precisely because it would make Necro's grossly OP on TLP servers. The trickle down they get from the Shaman poison DoT revamp has already made them pretty crazy.

The only "classic" Necro DoT line that really could benefit from the DoT revamp would be the fire blood line, as the darkness and tap DoT's can't stack. But even still, if you upped Ignite Blood to something like 250-300 per tick, that would be insane in the hands of a lvl 50 TLP necro.

You might counter argue that both Druids and Shamans each have multiple revamped DoT lines that they can still stack, but it's not an apples to apples comparison, with the rest of the toolkit that a level 50 necro has. The mana regen that Lich gives them, relative to other classes at 50, makes the mana cost of those revamped poison DoT's pretty trivial. Much more so than Canni for shamans and the base mana regen druids have.
    I'm saying all this as a Necro main on live servers. I would really really love a consolidation, but when i look at TLP Necro's with just the upgraded poison line alone, i can recognize that it would be too strong.

For a decent in game example, go look at Rathe Mountains HG's on Coirnav almost any day/time, you'll see a single necro running around the top of the hill with 3-4 HG's chasing him, all with Venom of the Snake quickly eating away at their health. And that necro almost never has to stop, since the mana cost of VoS is mostly negated by Lich regen. And the ticks of that VoS alone are KSing a mage that is full nuking+pet, when mages are supposed to be the KSers the rest of us are worried about. Sure, shamans have the same VoS, but they don't have the supplementary tools to use it as freely.
  5. Kobra Augur

I have been against the dot revamp because it lowers the skill cap of the class.

On certain fights not stacking dots will lead to boredom. What do you do on mob that you can only land poison on? Cast 1 dot and twiddle your thumb?

That is a bad change imo.

They clearly don't care about balance on TLP otherwise they would nerf the melee damage. It is ok with me at any rate, I play necro because I enjoy it, I don't need to top dps all the time. I don't want to make the class into easy mode. I want to have separation between average necro and elite necro.

I only care that they gonna fix the debuff problem, do that without ruin my class thank you.
    Boze likes this.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Funny thing is, focus of mediocrity does not impact splurt. (It didn't in January anyway)
  7. ryokoryu Journeyman

Yeah play a rogue in classic and tell me they need a nerf.
  8. Kobra Augur

Go make separate thread about it, I don't care about rogue issues.
  9. Juzam Djinn Elder

Rogues are kinda Meh during Classic I will agree. Necros are pretty good Classic - Luclin then fall off the map DPS wise. ( still my fav class no matter what)

I will say ( now that I am in GOD content ) well played Necros fall in the 5th to 10th place in DPS parses . I am seeing monks doing crazy #'s then a mix of rogues, Wiz, Nec, Mag, rangers etc.

Monks are doing a ton more damage than other classes. I have a feeling this is to help keep the TLP moving along to new expansions, live servers, or new TLP's

Monks and mele in general are most likely easier for DBG to maintain, code, and balance than casters.

You can probably run an entire raid now in any era without INT casters and still be successful.
  10. Kobra Augur

The truth is their design is just not congruent.

People are trivializing raids so lets throw on MOTM, but lets also boost melee dps through the roof and trivialize the raids.

While also saying they can't balance the TLPs, yet they make changes to balance the game.

If only someone who actually cared about the EQ IP could buy it and hire some people who give a crap.
  11. Kobra Augur

I mean just look at the dot/debuff situation. They said over a year ago they were going to fix this problem and the developers don't even know how the game works so they are afraid to touch necro dots so we don't become overpowered? I am glad they showed so much concern when they make other changes that trivialize the game.
  12. Kobra Augur

But its all good, I am glad they taking so long to fix the game. Its so awesome raiding on live and having to make way for shaman, BL, druid, and enchanter dots and get told not to max my dps to make way for the new premier dot classes.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

TWO FRIGGIN YEARS PEOPLE!
    It has been over two years now since necros have been promised this revision to their spells.

I work in the housing business. If I told my customers that I would perform a task for them and they gave me money expecting that I fulfill my obligation. Then I decided to take TWO YEARS and still not have it done. My butt would be sitting in the office of the Registrar of Contractors wondering how to get my license to do business back.

I simply am dumbfounded by the sheer lack of communication and effort put forth by DBG regarding this situation.

At this point, I must assume that there is a bet going around the office of DBG with a big board showing the numbers people that have stopped playing their necromancers and changed classes to something else VS necro mains that have simply stopped playing the game. And DBG has some sleazy guy sitting by the big board taking bets and updating numbers and dates for the sheer enjoyment of the crowd. With side bets being made on how many angry posts will be made on the forums and the frequency thereof.

This is embarrassing Daybreak. Embarrassing.
  14. Machentoo Augur

I don't think they really care what the DoT revamp will do to select fights on the TLP's. It isn't aimed at the TLP's at all--it is balancing for live.
  15. Ryak Augur

It would be nice of them to at least give a status update. Do they still plan to do something to necro dots and can never find the time to work on it? Did they change their mind and decide to do nothing?

Who the heck knows if they won't communicate.
  16. Zapsos Augur

Twitch the Clerics :p
  17. Zansobar Augur

I don't think they will continue with the dot revamp. It has already unbalanced shaman, druids, and necros on the one or two dots they have updated. To continue they would have to acknowledge the issue and then tone down the dot dps that they already implemented or there would be no reason to play a direct damage class. And I don't think DBG wants the flak they would get by cutting revamped dot dps by 1/3 to 1/2 (or more) to enable more overpowered dots to be enabled.
  18. Kahna Augur

Except no one has paid DBG to revamp necro dots. This is more like you are renting a house to someone and you mentioned you wanted to redo the backsplash in the kitchen and two years later you still hadn't done it. They are paying you to live in the house, not for you to redo the backsplash.

We are paying DBG to play their game, not to revamp necro dots. Necro dots work, they just aren't as pretty as the could be. Just like your theoretical renters have a fully functioning house, the backsplash just isn't as pretty as it could be.
    Gana likes this.
  19. Schwifty Journeyman

Necros can top parses classic-Velious. The problems start in Luclin.

Funeral Pyre only does about 280/tick before focus, not the advertised 310 or whatever it is. The rest of the 50+ Luclin spells are support spells, and mind wrack is only one good one at that -- melee don't even have the buff slots available on raids to make use of them.

The biggest problem, however, are the alternate advancement skills. They are truly depressing for necros in Luclin and PoP and just about all necros I've spoken with have been completely uninspired to even bother grinding past 75 aa in Luclin. The class AAs are truly trash save for pet disc. Then you have the archetype AAs, where a necro can spend the same points as the other casters for skills that benefit the necro far less, so it's basically just a slap in the face.

Balance for TLPs seems easy to me. Make FPoK do more damage and improve the early AAs. Improving Ancient: Life Bane wouldn't be a bad idea either, like simply reducing its cast time or adding resist adjust, because as it is it's typically better just to use lifetap at lvl 60 due to its faster cast time and resist adjust.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. DUHya New Member

ya being able to just throw on a drifting death or venom/eb and run around like a chicken with its head cut off does seem to lack skill rofl. makes life easier but its like why