Thank you for upgrading tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Ring of Scale tradeskills have reinvigorated the market, driven needs, and wants to see activity in the economy in multiple functions. There are people leveling using the tradeskilled gear. This is probably one of the best expansions for tradeskills in recent memory, especially with an earring quest.
    Sancus, Roxxlyy, Kohnn and 7 others like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Here, here Gromereaper! The bazaar is pretty fun now for sure - but! It can be made even better, still! The patch change coming up to allow Crestra's Earring combines to be done at 300 skill should be done for all Conflagrant combines. Allowing more players access to the ability to get Conflagrant gear just plain allows players to be able to hunt in RoS. This statement btw is being made by a player that has made several million plat on Conflagrant stuff that also has gone through all the work to max the Artisan's Prize. I'll fail less than you. ;)
    Aurastrider and Fohpo like this.
  3. Fohpo Augur

That's not a bad idea tbf, there's not a lot of harm in allowing the combines at a lower skill as long as the difficulty/trivial isn't lowered. More failures really helps to control the market price and prevent it from crashing.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s definitely been nice to have TS be useful in RoS. One of the few height spots in a meh expansion imo.
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

You got it backwards. Less players will be able to do it. It’s not trivial at 300, but requires to be 300. Plenty of pieces, with enough attempts can be done at a lower level as there are no minimums, now, there will be, so the guy with 280 isn’t going to be able to try 5 times and get a lucky 1 success, he won’t be able to try at all.

“Crestra's Earring combines now require a minimum skill. For fishing this is 200. For the easy 202 trivial combines, the minimum skill is 202, for the rest of the combines the minimum skill is 300.
  6. eqgamer Augur

The only ts that matters is the shawl line. Anything else doesn’t. Yw.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You do understand you currently need a skill of around 325 to attempt RoS combines, right? That is not trivial work. You have it backwards.
  8. Spellfire Augur

No, don't need this to attempt RoS combines.
    fransisco and OrchardField like this.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

I honestly don't know why anyone would even attempt these combines with a skill under 300 unless the TS mat gods have blessed them with such a heavy supply that it does not matter. Even then it would be much more cost effective most likely to just sell the mats and buy the finished product from someone else who has a higher skill and can make it with fewer fails making their costs much lower.
  10. segap Augur

I didn't want to ask guildmates to make a bunch of augs for my 20+ alts, so I was looking at the /barter price of conflagrant diamonds versus the cost of buying augs from /baz. At the time, I'd have to sell twelve diamonds to pay for one aug. If I were able to make them at a success rate of better than 1/12, it would have been cheaper to do so myself.

There is also the potion route if you want to make a bunch of things in batch. The change for the earring seems to be targeting people that were using the potion so that they would not have to work tradeskills on multiple characters. That's not how the morphing of the game in to tradeskill quest is supposed to work.
  11. OrchardField Journeyman

No, you don’t. One can attempt at any skill level, fail more often at lower. They aren’t lowering the trivials, they’re instituting a minimum level required to try. They made zero mention of lowering the triivials,only requiring a minimum level to even attemp. Merely having a 300 skill is not going to guarantee a success on a 400+ trivial combine.)
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Then explain to me why my Shaman that has 300 skill receives a message that I need more skill to make RoS Potions. You really don't know what you're talking about. No where did I state 300 skill guarantees a success. I have no idea where you got that wild idea from what I posted. My intention was not to derail this thread. My sincere apologies to the OP that posted a nice sentiment. This was not my intention. I wish I just liked the thread and moved on at this point. <3 Forum Quest....
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I think the biggest issue is you are looking at the barter prices. Most of these guys are just reselling the mats (not all but a lot are). So if you split the difference between the barter and the bazaar price and sell your mats on a trader they will probably be gone over night. Heck even going 10% under the other traders in the bazaar on mats will probably result in quick sales as those of us who have not farmed the mats in ROS but have a toon well over 300 in trade skills would be willing to buy the mats and do the combines if the cost makes sense. Its for this reason why I have just bought my gear so far from the bazaar even though I am almost 350 in everything. In all honesty the path to 300 is fairly strait forward and can be done pretty cheap for most of the skills with a little advanced planning but that's a different topic entirely.
  14. OrchardField Journeyman

Easy. Some things have minimums, others don’t. I just finished “Here or Over There” with only 2 TS at 300, one of which isn’t even used (only JC is 300 of the skills needed for that earring.) They are about to add minimums to this quest, which didn’t exist before.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Research has a required skill lvl. So equip your trophy! Same for other combines. Getting the trophy and getting it to atleast 6/7 isnt that hard, can take time to farm mats or money to buy them...

I’d like to see what happens to the bazaar once this patch happens, I actually think prives of materials will go down since less people will be buying. Then on the other hand I can also see it going up as maybe more people will force themselves to get their TS’s up...
  16. Lianeb Augur

The changes on test if I had to guess is to remove the single item path to 300 in all 7 tradeskills. Remember they pretty much did the same thing with the alliance recipe book as part of the shawl aug. that recipe book contained recipes for for very easy skill paths to 300 the problem was it couldn’t be obtained till you were 300, it still works for easily maxing a trophy though. No more skilling baking to 300 on a quick ground spawn, or research on a common drop in OT
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I probably wouldn't have messed around with my Xegony character if not for Conflagrant gear. Previously having raid gear from 5-6 expansions back, returning and regearing as a solo Druid with no guild and no friends who still played felt like a daunting task. But being able to kite trash mobs and then use the resulting tradeskill drops and my max tradeskills I had from doing UF Shawl and Artisans Prize, I was able to make an entirely new gear set without spending much platinum at all which increased my stats by about double.

One minor complaint I have is the lore-nature of the Type 5 Augs. Granted I realize the current ones available are top-tier but it would be cool if there could be some non-lore ones available that are on par with TBM or EoK currency type 5 Augs. Because getting enough currency to fill out 20 aug slots when you missed these expansions is also a daunting journey. Especially when mostly soloing/moloing your way through content.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Lianeb is essentially correct. The logic of the change to Crestra's earring is the components are plentiful and in no way rare and we don't want it used as a cheap/easy way to gain 300 skill. Plus, on the side, we are to the point with these tradeskill quests where, if you are doing them you should have a 300 skill.

We only changed the min skill for the sub combines and actual combines for the earring. We did not change conflagrant, nor Phlogisting min skill, either in removing/changing whats already there or adding a min skill where there isn't.

So... this should only affect the price for components of Crestra's Earring to any significant amount. Sure there may be a small effect on the price of components for Conflagrant and Phlogiston as less people have an easy way to gain skill with the Crestra components, but it should be minor, and could, as a poster mentioned, go either way.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

Why cant the new RoS tradeskill food/drink be made if you dont have a trophy yet?
  20. Lianeb Augur

You don't need a trophy, you need a skill high enough to make the combine and the trophy helps to get your skill there.