Incorrect platinum reimbursement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silvara, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUHya New Member

well yes i posted that on the previous page, but someone said it occured the first weekend of the server which the krono were 300 plat each or 500 kronos. and here we are having to get mad at them for handing out free money, they should be mad at themselves.
  2. Kahna Augur

Except that Krono don't work that way. Those Krono weren't purchased with plat from DBG, someone still paid DBG actual cash for them. They didn't hand out free money, they just facilitated the transfer of in game wealth. There is no reason to believe that the handful who benefited would have ever purchased any krono directly from DBG or that their error cost them any krono sales.
  3. DUHya New Member

Sure I understand that the krono are originally bought for $18 each, but how do those people feel paying $18 to hear that other people received 75 kronos worth of platinum for $25? It would certainly make them think twice about paying $18 again. I know if I was in there shoes I wouldn't continue to support a company by buying $18 kronos when that company seems to be so lax with their server economies.

I think its called a loss of consumer confidence. I'm not an economics major though :D
    CoffeeBreath likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

Yeah, doubtful. You don't play a game for 19 years, and go through all the ups and downs and mistakes and everything that goes along with MMO's to sudden decided this particular mistake is the breaking point. There have been bigger mistakes out there that have caused far more damaged to the in game economy. This thread has only reached 4 pages, and a good number of the post on it are saying "meh, whatever." Not exactly a game ending level of outrage here.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

Looked into these reports and verified that CS did reimburse players with large sums of platinum on Progression Servers 3 weeks ago. It was caught and the process was corrected, so it shouldn't happen again. This is problematic and we take this sort of thing seriously.
    andross77 and Ryak like this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

While I respect the comment Prathun, you know you just slathered yourself with ketchup. The haters are gonna go nuts now.
    Johnwick likes this.
  7. Johnwick Augur

More like, he dug his own grave, stuck the tombstone on top.

@prathun - How was it caught and corrected ??

Corrected ? Did you fire those employee's?
    Caught? Are those envolved in this scam , Exploit , are they going to be disciplined ? or just a slap on the wrist?
  8. Stewgottz Augur

Leave Prathun alone.

Dating back to fippy... has the company ever launched a TLP without some-thing going awry? It would appear from the outside looking in, perhaps someone higher up the chain should have a process in place to look for things like this. These issue are corrected but its also reactive vs proactive.

Poor Management.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Anyone know if Agnarr experienced a similar plat dump into the economy similar to Ragefire/Coirnav?
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Can't help but notice the precise words used here. Were you able to remove the errant platinum injected into the system?
    andross77 and PathToEternity like this.
  11. Nekromancy Elder

That's unfortunate that he explicitly states that the PROCESS has been corrected and won't happen again... Well yeah, no one was really concerned that they were still handing out 150,000plat to people. That's not what anyone's complaint was. The concern was how much plat has already been given out for free and what's going to happen with the enormous amount of plat that was given out.
  12. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

It's actually worse than people originally thought. People were being handed 150k plat all the way up until Sunday April 8th. I was under the assumption it was only going on for that weekend, but we now know it was going on for 3 weeks before being fixed on Monday April 9th. LOL
  13. Gana Augur

I just wish Prathun would have trolled all this nerd rage by saying that everyone else was going to be given 150k plat to "even things out".
    A_New_Cleric, Niskin and Stewgottz like this.
  14. Stewgottz Augur

Agnarr may be the one server i cant recall some kind of dupe exploit, loyalty claims exploit or anything.
  15. Stewgottz Augur

Lol honestly thats the fairest solution if they cant recall the platinum.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There were rumors in the first few days of Agnarr of an exploit, but I don't think it was ever confirmed.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

HAHAHAHHA you think somebody might get fired over this? That's so funny and cute!

There is no damage to DBG. All this talk of hurting the in-game economy is so full of ignorance that it makes this entire discussion look like it's taking place on the short bus. In fact, giving people something to talk about might be incentive enough for a game company to make this sort of "mistake" on purpose. I wonder how many race change potions they will sell because of this forum thread alone?

I do know that without the complaints about Coirnav, there wouldn't be anything to talk about at all.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

There was one the first month of agnarr. There was a chain spawning mob in one of the cities that was dropping a 100 plat sword 100% of the time. A few people used this to get themselves a million+ plat before it was posted on the boards. The night it was posted on the board, there was a livestream of the room the mob was spawning in for both agnarr/phinny. It was packed on agnarr.
    andross77 likes this.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

When the process was corrected, did you do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around? I've heard that is what it is all about.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

How long has that mob been available? By this, I mean, was it there in 1999? Was it launched in an expansion in 2002, 2003, etc and not caught til Agnarr?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.