Test ..can we get an update? :)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Just_Another_SK, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Hey folks i know some play for free on test and by playing here we have to roll with the punches but alot of us are all access too and chose to play on test because its the last real community left in EQ :)

Any ETA how much longer we will be locked?
  2. Tarazed New Member

I do prefer a locked server over broken updates.
    So however long it takes to get the updates right is good for me.

Very often it is also really hard to give a good ETA.
    Then it's better to give no ETA at all instead of changing it a few times because unexpected problems came up.

All Access doesn't really matter when it comes to testserver (and you don't seem to be all access anyway).
  3. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

it affects xp, for one thing. Auto-XP for AA's when you level is affected as well. I'm sure there are a dozen other things also. I just know that those to aspects are affected.
  4. xxGriff Augur

To assume the account anyone posts on is indicative of all accounts is a mistake. I chose to post on this account here as I do have All Access on another but, I choose to spend more time on Test as opposed to Live. Why? because it pays to keep those working for DB in a job that is doubtlessly becoming more difficult. I do not expect anything for free, and have 2 all access accounts, yet this was one of my accounts that was already in my browser history on this PC but it does illustrate a point (and no my all access in not open for qualification, one of many reasons I chose Test over live). A little communication goes along way, and countering a legit inquiry by making assumptions of the OP and their being all access or not misses the point. If you are good with no updates? great, this is about others who do, and categorical assumptions do nothing but distract from the inquiry.

Can we please get some idea of ETA? 4-5 hours was yesterday, and we are closing in on 24 hours... the last thing we heard was EQ Dev posting "...Very soon" with smilies?
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

6. Roxxlyy Augur

Yup, the team is looking into getting it back up after the crash. Unfortunately, there's no ETA to give at that time but that thread should be kept updated!
  7. xxGriff Augur

Thank you Roxxlyy.

Are we to understand that there has been no one working on it until now? As indicated in patch notification there was to be upgrading of the server in addition to the patch. just curious as to the nature of the problem(s). maybe cumulative?
  8. svann Augur

Completely disagree. Any ETA is an estimate - thats where the E comes from.
    nemotech likes this.
  9. Pheliak74 New Member

anyone from test maybe we can meet on a live server and make a guild till test comes back online?
  10. Pheliak74 New Member

will be making a char and guild named tests refugee's if anyone is interested.
  11. Tarazed New Member

Edit: looks like the server is finally UP :)

I do agree that after such a long time they could maybe give a progress report.
    But this is the "Test" server where stuff is being tested under almost live conditions, before it goes to the actual live servers that should have max uptime. You have to expect long downtimes on Test sometimes.

They gave an ETA before they started working on the server.
    Obviously that didn't work out and there seem to be major issues with either the patch, the hardware upgrade, or both.

And Roxxlyy already gave kind of a status report.

I understand people wanna have an ETA so they can plan their day, but I am a developer myself and sometimes issues are so weird that they are really hard to track down and fix.

You wouldn't wanna give an ETA if you just don't know when it will be fixed.
    If you give ETA updates a few times and it still doesn't work after that, people will cry even more.

I guess that usually these issues will turn up on the DayBreak internal test servers before a patch comes to our test server, but this time we're out of luck it seems... :(
  12. slayerofbats Augur

Test has a good community? I was tempted to play there to try some things out but figured it would have nobody to raid with and maybe not even group with.
  13. nemotech Lorekeeper

Since the last patch, Test is still not working correctly. Instances were iffy before the bounce once test came back (from patch to crash to reboot) to at present definitely a no go on instaces, and no Uchat at all. can we pls get this addressed? what good are "fixes" for anniv tasks if you cannot get an instance to load? i have tried A Formal Dinner Party, Lost but not forgotten, A different perspective (13th anniv MM) i got to load and then it crashes on death of the huge gnoll, the Pirates of Timorous Deep and even Agents of Change instances wont load ( getting a lock out for a failed PoP flag instances is rather harsh) ... i do not know what is going on, but Test is not anywhere near ok. pls??
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.