Incorrect platinum reimbursement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silvara, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvara Elder

Hello, incorrect platinum reimbursement has been awarded to several players affected by the race change bug. On TLP, players are being given the live version equivalent platinum to buy their spells which amounts to about 150k platinum. Yes, 150,000 has been given to many players on servers such as Coirnav, flooding the market with too much money.

Any plans to fix this DBG?
  2. fastboy21 Augur

If this is true it is egregious.
  3. Effincrazyman New Member

4. Silvara Elder

It is 100% true and was buried in the Golden idol thread that was locked by Roxxlyy. Not one but many players over the weekend were given hundreds of thousands of platinum by a GM, flooding the delicate Coirnav economy. This is just as bad as the ragefire/LJ dupe bug. I'm pretty concerned this was allowed to happen and nobody at DBG seems to have made any announcement that they will be fixing it.

Edit: Just to add, the affected players are already discussing ways to launder this money for the future, buying things in mass like rubies so they call sell at a later date.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

#wipeitclean2018
  6. Nekromancy Elder

I'm surprised krono prices didn't rise faster. Throw 150k to people when krono are 2,000 plat...

I wonder how many people got a free 75 krono with their race change purchase.
  7. Silvara Elder

Frankly people should be more angry at this, not the silly golden idol fiasco. This issue is straight up game breaking and has the chance to crash TLP economies.
  8. snailish Augur

Hmm. If spells were a nominal cost (silly mechanic using them as a plat sink/barrier to acquire) and the "immersive gameplay" was running to buy them or getting a researcher to use their skill...

wouldn't of had to reimburse anyone...
  9. fastboy21 Augur

Yup. At this stage it is in fact economy breaking...not only because of the mistake, but because there has been no response from the devs explaining how or even if it will be addressed. in the meanwhile, the entire economy is untrustworthy. I personally wouldn't buy or sell any krono until this gets sorted out (or a GM says it isn't going to be sorted out) out of fear of getting tied into krono/plat that is going to be deleted.

such foolishness on the part of the person responsible for not stopping this from hitting a brand new TLP.
  10. Crayon123 Augur

This server gets funnier by the day, just hilarious.
  11. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

While the plat reimbursement is pretty ridiculous, it's still not as bad as what happened in the first month of Agnarr with that chain spawning mob that had the 100 plat sword on it that a few people were able to take advantage of and get a million+ plat. It didn't destroy the Agnarr economy from my recollection, so I doubt a few people getting 150k plat will either.

The current krono prices are pretty much mirroring exactly what krono was sold for on Phinny and Agnarr almost 1 month in to the server.

Edit: I guess I don't really know how many people collected the 150k, so I can't deny the possibility of the total sum being in the millions. My second statement still stands though, the price of krono is no different than what it was on phinny/agnarr at the same time frame.
  12. Nikkifm New Member

i race changed a few months ago on agnarr. platinum please.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

+1 for Agnarr.

POP launches in under a few weeks.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. eqzekisdead Augur

15. Thewiz Augur

Coirnav didn't need any more coffin nails
  16. Ghubuk Augur

People must have made off like bandits buying krono's.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

R.I.P Corny.
    Less than 400 online during primetime.
  18. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Lol. You do realize there's multiple general channels right?

There's 220 enchanters online alone, and that's not counting those that leave the class channel.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm pretty sure every iteration of progression servers has had a plat dupe bug, exploit, etc. and I can't think of a single time when DB bothered to remove the cash from the economy.
    Punchu likes this.
  20. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

just adding up class chat channels there's over 1500 toons logged in right now, so there's easily 2k+ characters logged in.

edit: that's what someone logged in to coirnav reported to me....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.