Infected Paw on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taladir, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Taladir Augur

I noticed today that Splitpaw is named Infected Paw on Coirnav, but wasn't that a much later revamp? I thought it was Splitpaw when I went through it during classic on Phinigel.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Come back to Phinigel.
    Boze and Taladir like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

It has gone by various names, but they never really aligned with a zone version. Paw, Splitpaw, Lair of the Splitpaw, Infected Paw.

The first version was blackburrow level, like 10-20, and was highly underused due to travel distance at that level. It was updated before Kunark. There was a Dark Elf that would spawn in the submerged caves once Kurrpok Splitpaw was killed. If you killed this dark elf you got +Trakanon faction. I killed him a lot. When kunark came out, i was able to freely roam all of Sebilis, warmly to everything.

[IMG]
  4. Prathun Developer

The zone names that display to the client are hard coded and associated with the zone's geometry, which doesn't change when the content switches to an alternate dataset. We'd love to move this to design data so that it's easier to modify in general, and it can be modified on a per zone header entry basis. There's no ETA on when or if this will happen.
    Punchu, Taladir and snailish like this.
  5. Prisim Lorekeeper

The low level version of Splitpaw was one of my favorites places in the original game. When places like Blackburrow were overrun with a million people there was risk/reward to running to Paw to get pretty much a zone to yourself, or at least just a few other people.

One thing I wish they'd do is make every version of these standard xp zones available, at all times. For example, my favorite zone 20-32 has always been original Cazic Thule. I'd love to still be able to access it even when the zone updates to the 55+ version. The zone in could be something you click on for entry, and it wouldn't be instanced; just an additional version available.
    MasterMagnus and jeskola like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

sigh...one more outdated thing. Used to have to camp the Ishva Mal in 'old paw' for the Summon Corpse spell.
  7. Darchias Augur

You can still get the Ishva Mal, it roams outside in SK.
  8. Chikkin Augur

This is a late response but, I knew a guy on Quellious. He was mostly known as Akon the Monk, but before that he was Tenon the warrior. He was (probably) the only one who could walk around Seb and never be KOS. He thought he was glitched -- but now I wonder if he did this and didn't know the connection. This was back in 99-2000.
    jeskola and Punchu like this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

snailish likes this.
  10. a_librarian Augur

Nisch please

please stop healing
  11. jeskola pheerie

Probably. I eventually got over the novelty and killed my faction in there, but on the server's first Trakanon attempts, I was able to drag corpses freely for CR
  12. Chikkin Augur

This is "Rejuv" on Test that just joined PB by the way. The name Chikkin is from when I played Quellious as a bard back at release.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Oh hai :D
  14. Gremin Augur

Quiet slave!
    jeskola likes this.