Test update bugs for 10 april...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Greymantle Augur

2. Sancus Augur

Kinda hard to find bugs if test hasn't been patched yet...

It'll be unlocked when test is actually patched. The thread isn't for bugs on live, it's for new bugs introduced with the update.
    klanderso likes this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Was going to take issue with that, but then realized I didn't remember if I saw the patch notes when I logged into test. That would definitely explain why I didn't see the expected changes. LOL, /kick self
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yeah they posted the threads without patching the server...and no announcement on when the server is going down for the patch yet. They're on top of things today!
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Don't be surprised if this thread gets deleted or locked for being "non constructive"
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I learned a lesson, so it's at least a little constructive. :)
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Patch Notes & Discussion thread locked too...
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They locked the discussion thread now too.

Notes and such probably just got posted a bit earlier than they wanted which is the reverse of usual. :D
    klanderso likes this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nothing about all the extra undead running around on phinny. They seemed to be tied to TDS xpac, feels a bit early.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I believe that when we killed Ayonae it allowed Mayong to "double-ascend?" and now his influence is what is causing the red skies and vampires/skeletons/mummies to appear in many open world zones. If memory serves they will disappear once we SPOILERS, defeat him a final time in Solteris in a couple expansions.

They might be a bit early for the original timeline but it's also a neat way to prelude events to come.
  11. klanderso Developer

Sorry, we've got a lot of things going on with this update and have been spending literally all day making sure that everything is covered (and that it's done correctly to ensure a smooth update next week for live). It was very important that we get the ball rolling so that various teams could start as soon as possible, which is why there was a delay in communicating things with you guys, I apologize. There's now a post with the estimated down time, as we're doing some server upgrades and it'll be a bit longer than usual. I'll make sure that we update that thread if there are any changes to the ETA :)
  12. Catashe Augur

Well I don't know about the "double ascend" part I figured that maybe he's leeching off of Ayonae or something making him stronger which in turn made all the undead come out.. and yes the extra undead go away when someone defeats the TBS expansion.. So they'll be around for at least what? 4 more months? give or take a week or 2
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

PoR Lore in a nutshell for me:

[IMG]
  14. Catashe Augur

lets be honest... that's most of the EQ Lore after PoP mostly.. at least for me
  15. klanderso Developer

Sorry about that, we generally don't unlock the patch notes thread until servers are down. There's a lot going on behind the scenes for this update and the thread was posted a bit earlier than normal. Now that servers are down, the patch notes thread has been unlocked :)

The bug thread will remain locked until servers are brought back up.
    mmats and Boze like this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Getting the patch notes early is great, I would hope most players appreciate that. That allows people to see what's coming and maybe get interest in going to test and checking it out so there might be more feedback. Probably just need to lock it a bit faster once they are posted.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

No worries, thanks for the communication!

Tin-foil hat is at the ready though...
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tin-foil-hat-ornaments.248162/
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Says downtime is extended but doesn't say when they are going down.....
  19. klanderso Developer

Sorry, servers came down at 3:15pm (about an hour and a half ago).
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Ohhh server upgrades :).

Cloud? :)