What is the purpose of a Truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Time Burn, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchy Augur

i had to login to post on this thread...what in the actual is going on with daybreak? Where is roshen? Can we get a rep that actually understands what boxing/botting/multi-boxing means? If the email that atabishi received is legit, it appears the company as a whole as no idea what is what. How are you calling a server a true-box server where the FAQ says per computer, but all reps and CS say something completely different?
  2. Jaay Lorekeeper

Dont see why it was even named "True-box" to begin with,
    You want a server that doesnt have boxes, why not give it a name that acctually reflects that?
    "NO-BOX-ALLOWED" server, would make more sense eh?
  3. GeauxTigers Elder

P99 has run into this problem (and no i'm not an advocate for p99) but there are players in the best guilds P99 blue for example are Rampage and Awakened, that have boxed chars for years. Clerics/Shamans/Rogues are all highly sought after box chars. They even have guides if you make it into the 'inner circle' on how to do it properly.

I.E. never auto follow
    Always talk on both toons as different people
    Use a VPN

The list goes on and on, if they said 'no-box' server it would rely almost entirely on the community to report suspected boxers and they can barely handle petitions of people being racist on live servers in a timely manner. Imagine the influx of 500 petitions a day over boxers.
  4. Silvara Elder

https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015

This is the post made by DBG on the launch of Phinny, the first true box server. Coirnav is also a true box server.

From DBG:

What Is a True Box Progression Server?

This is a server where each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts.

If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way. Phinigel is a TRUE box server, which means in order to multi-box you’ll need a set-up that looks something like this:

https://assets-cdn.daybreakgames.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/102/301.jpg

Can someone at DBG please tell us if this has changed?
  5. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

No one is arguing that those statements were in the FAQ's.

What's being discussed is how all the sudden they are saying differently the last couple weeks.

Submit a ticket and ask them yourself. I even copied and pasted this exact same section from the phinny launch in to my petition and was told otherwise.
  6. Silvara Elder

Given the severity of this possible policy shift, I think someone at DBG needs to weigh in officially. This is a massive switch from what has been done in the past. People spend real money to build box rigs. DBG has repeatedly screwed the pooch with Coirnav but this is really galling.

You wanna screw up with idols? Fine. Give the wrong amount of platinum reimbursement for the race change fiasco? Whatever. Tell people they can't box after they spent real money to set up multi PC gaming rigs? That ain't cool.
  7. Roxxlyy Augur

This has not changed at all; Coirnav follows the exact same "True Box" portion of its ruleset as Phinny.

I'll be locking this thread as it keeps somehow descending into more confusion as long as more posts are added. Although I've already linked it previously, the rules for playing on Coirnav can be found here.

Regardless of anyone's opinions on the matter of boxing, here are some helpful snippets taken directly from the Coirnav rules page:
    If anyone has further questions, feel free to let me know, but this thread is getting out of hand.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.