Coirnav - Golden Idols

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tivolti, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PwnQuest Augur

Honestly, at first I was shocked when I would tell people I'm at the parceler and they 1. don't know where that is, and 2. don't know what that is or how to use it. It's happened so many times now that I'm used to it at this point. I consider myself to be fairly in the know on these servers, I knew the idols were out of era from the first TLP, but I did not know they had patched them out. Fortunately I didn't buy one, but was thinking about it the other day. Sucks for everyone who did buy one.
  2. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

Veeshan's Peak had droppable out-of-era group gear that was removed from the game on Ragefire/Lockjaw era servers. The items that were acquired prior to this change, which was maybe a couple weeks into Kunark, were not removed from players. There is precedent not to do something crappy like that, especially since, as was stated before, you messed up by leaving them in and not putting anything in game about them being stripped from players.

It's not right to reward the people scamming others by selling these for the past week or two and screw over the people who participate in the in-game economy.
  3. Green_Mage Augur

Hi guys, I make golden idols...please promise everyone that they will be removed from the game very soon --but the existing ones will stay -- so that everyone has to buy one from me right now or not have one until luclin..

It should be pretty obvious why they can't allow the idols to stay in the game after the fix.
  4. Coirnav Augur

You would all be shocked to learn that Daybreak GMs were giving 150,000pp - 50,000pp and other stupid sums of plat to players on the Coirnav server who were affected by the race change scroll wiping out spells recently.

All you had to do was petition and ask them to reimburse the spells you lost / let them know how much plat you lost. For the first few days it was a blank check and some GMs were giving out over 100 krono worth of platinum, until Monday came around and the GMs who knew what was going on arrived and the gravy train dried up.

My point is... There is no reason they could not reimburse you the 1500pp most of us spent on these idols. But after the above mishap with spell funds being generated improperly, my guess is they will take a completely hands off approach to reimbursement and we are all going to be out our 1500pp.

There have been other GMs that were super helpful so don't get the impression that we are ungrateful here. Some of you GMs are world class A+... but lets be honest...you need to keep some of them away from the item generation commands especially on server with a delicate economy like Coirnav.

Maybe you can just grant people with an idol a single lore exp potion or something. Anything like that would be acceptable if a script cannot grant us our 1,500pp plat back and automate the process. The last thing I want to see is someone getting reimbursed 100,000 platinum for losing their idols though by a weekend GM who doesn't grasp the magnitude of what he/she is doing by generating 100k+ plat for a single person on a server like Coirnav. I'd rather we all get nothing than that be allowed to happen.
  5. Critt Augur

The problem i see with this is people are BETTING they will be allowed to keep the idols, I saw plenty of people shouting in general and auction when sellers were spamming that the idols were going to be removed anyone who bought one did so knowingly hedging that DBG would not remove them... so yeah no pity here.
  6. Critt Augur

If this is true it's as bad as the plat dupe on rf/lj and a complete sh#$ show.....Seriously who's running this game Abbot and Costello??
    Machentoo and Hateseeker like this.
  7. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

Why do people keep comparing these idols to claimgate or saying that people with idols should receive suspensions? Claimgate was completely different. You had to actually manipulate the reclaim screen to get the gear, thus why suspensions were handed out.

EQ isn't a MOBA, nor is it an FPS, or anything competitive. Patch notes are not important to read on EQ for the majority of players. I play every single day and I don't even read patch notes most of the time, and I certainly don't read boring Server Launch FAQ's. There is no exploitation or manipulation required to make the idols, you simply just make them as you normally would. I'm sure there are many players who had no idea they were not supposed to be on the server. There is nothing in the ToS that require players to read patch notes and be aware of all changes.

I could give two craps what they end up doing with the idols, leave them in or take them out. It doesn't make a difference. It's not that big of a deal. They are not game changing or game breaking. It's so petty to be riled up over this like a bunch of 5 year olds. You guys are grown men and grown women, are you not? Act like it.
  8. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

The GM giving out 150k pp is true. They didn't remove the plat either. Why remove these?
  9. Critt Augur

This is probably why people are selling junk like batfang headbands for 2kr lol, This server economy is already jacked with crazy prices introduce a few players with 100k + and you may as well just flush the economy down the drain. Good to know this happened I won't be wasting krono on this server.
  10. Ryak Augur

I have one thing to say.

This thread is exactly why we never get a straight answer out of DBG. They actually give us a straight answer and all they get for their trouble is a million people complaining about their choice/threatening to quit the game and generally not responding well.

It's fine to disagree with them, but people need to chill out. They made their choice and they are incredibly unlikely to change it at this point.
  11. Roxxlyy Augur

Locking the thread because the back and forth is starting to get a bit toxic but:
    1. Distillate potions and Golden Idols will be removed across the Coirnav server, and from any player that has one there.
    2. These items were only made available on the server due to an error - they are overpowered for the current in-game era, and thus will be removed.
    3. These items are purchased with in-game currency and not cash, so we will not be offering refunds to players. It is unrealistic for us to go back and attempt to track numerous transactions and trades made between players in the in-game economy to do this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.