Coirnav - Golden Idols

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tivolti, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kold Hearted New Member

i mean like if i sell it now thats just me basically scamming people too thats not chill
  2. Piznut Angry Gnome

I have spread the word. But you can't expect me to be logged in 24 hours awaiting for people to be scammed just to clean up DBG's screwup.
  3. Green_Mage Augur

Someone knew that they weren't disabled...even though it was announced they would be...just like someone was aware kunark spells weren't disabled despite that it was announced they would be on agnarr...this kind of crap makes me not want to play.

Clearly someone is making lots of krono of this "mistake" and will continue to on other DBG servers with other "mistakes."
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

https://www.advent-rm.com/catalogue/tin/foil/
  5. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

With no in-game message about them, and with them being removed soon, meaning I can't sell them in good faith; I expect DBG to reimburse the costs of the idols I purchased. It's ridiculous to strip players of items bought in good faith that aren't even truly overpowered. You messed up, don't punish the player base for playing the game.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

I too would like a reimbursement for the money I spent on poisons on Phinigel. I would estimate the total price at around 5k platinum. The purchases were made 8 expansions ago so I would also like 8 expansions worth of interest on the 5k I have yet to be reimbursed. Back in 1999 during my naive MMO years I was conned out of my FBSS without payment. I expect reimbursement for whatever the market value was back then plus interest from the hardship and emotional stress I experienced throughout the years.
  7. Hexaholic Augur

I paid 2 Krono for 4 Idols last night. Being a newer player, I had zero clue, that there was a risk that these would be taken out of the game. How am I supposed to get back my Krono, or the plat equivalent?
    Girth-Matters likes this.
  8. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

So DBG Devs, YOU messed up and didn't properly remove the item from being crafted, for those of us that have bought either idols or the potions, what are you doing to reimburse us our plat/items/time for YOUR f*** up when you delete something out of my inventory?

It's one thing for you to remove the recipe preventing anymore from being crafted but it's another for you to remove existing items as well, especially if you aren't going to issue any sort of refund.This is YOUR fault and problem, not mine. DO NOT DELETE EXISTING ITEMS.
  9. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

Also, when you removed out of era items from Velks back on Phinny during Velious, why weren't those items deleted? All you did was remove the ability for the items to drop. Where is the continuity?

You cannot punish players who did not know that YOU messed up and are now going to delete something they may have bought. It is completely unreasonable considering you have not released an in-game announcement. A lot of players do not check the forums.
  10. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I don't even play on the server, but wow what a horrible decision!!!!! You really cant remove items that people may have paid the equivalent of real world money for (krono) not to mention those that invested the time and plat or real money (krono) to raise their skill for the reason of selling these items.They have been there for all the other progression servers and if you wanted them excluded from this server you needed to remove them before launch and make it very clear that you did.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

Not to say that is doesn't suck but they kind of can. The use of Krono is not a requirement and the decision to use it as a form of payment for in-game purchases is not their decision or responsibility.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

Technically it is YOUR fault since they said at the beginning of the server those items wouldn't be available on Coirnav until the appropriate expansion. YOU decided to ignore that and bought the items; instead of reporting the bug as YOU should have. YOU took a gamble that they would decide either 1) screw it and let them stay this round and fix next TLP, or 2) just remove recipe but let existing items stay. Needless to say your gamble did not pay off this round; unless DBG screws up and doesn't remove the items next patch like they said (which is probably a 50/50 shot).
  13. Hexaholic Augur

Negative. I had no idea idea what these items were, except that they had good stats on them. I did not know they were even out of era. I know this, I will be getting my 2 Krono back from DBG, as that is IRL money.
  14. PwnQuest Augur

It's kind of odd that Daybreak is doubling down on their own mistake of leaving those out of era items in, by now making an unprecedented decision to delete items from players inventories. I can't imagine that in the history of Everquest an item has been mass deleted from players inventories in this manner.
  15. Hexaholic Augur

It is however their repsonibility, to do just a hair of testing, and ensure that items that aren't supposed to be in the game (unbeknown to a lot of us), aren't in the game. I had no idea what I was buying, I just know I saw it in chat, saw it had good stats, and bought 4 in total, one for each ult.
  16. Ckador Augur

They won't do it. They ain't got the HUEVOS.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just last year in fact.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-in-upcoming-patch.237834/page-3#post-3498336

Though you could much more easily argue that the people buying level 61 spells when the level cap was 60 knew that they were out of era.
  18. PwnQuest Augur

You're saying they deleted spells from people's spell books? I highly doubt it. In fact, I'm sure they didn't. Just the fact that those spells were craftable for so long, would have made it much easier to acquire them in the first place for all of those people. Not even remotely similar to this situation.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They absolutely deleted discs from people.
  20. Trox2010 Augur

Again its not their fault you did not read the patch notes or announcements.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.