Exp in instances nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

It's always been like this.
    The AoC instances offer reduced XP because those zones are for raids and we didn't want them to double as private experience instances.
    Looking at the data, we have not been consistent with reducing the XP on all AoC instances, so we've lowered the rest of them as well. This change will be in the patch message, because it's new for the April 2018 update.
    Dythan likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
    Ryak and Boze like this.
  3. Febb Augur

4. Rhodz Augur

So glad I stopped paying for this absue
  5. tankNspank Elder

LOL, dont want to give any slight exp on those week long instances! You might learn off Coirnav one day but then it might be too late.
    discordkitty likes this.
  6. tankNspank Elder

Might be easier just to give the whole community the middle finger that points towards another game.
  7. Weebaaa Augur

Thanks for explaining that one, Prathun.
    We appreciate you sharing the information of how and why things happen.
  8. The Hated One Augur

Such a bad PR move. I really can't get over the mistakes you guys have made. You make a couple of good moves and then step on your johnson repeatedly. How does having the same EXP in the instance hurt the game? other players? your stability? How in the heck is it any different than an LDON? Its not like a raid force is going to farm EXP as they raid. But a group could...JUST LIKE ANY OTHER INSTANCE in live! So...explain to us why? If the game can handle a ton of instances of LDON etc why cant it handle a few on the TLP's if that is your reason? Because there is no way that getting a little EXP in an instance while you crawl it for fun is going to be game breaking or tip the scales of social atmosphere in EQ. If anything you have more people enjoying it without getting trained, camp jumped or just dealing with toxic players. This one seriously baffles me.
  9. Kegwell Lurker since '99

people should think start posting this type of question elsewhere :)
  10. Johnwick Augur

I found it amazing you have the time to make changes to the game that were not initially planned to be changed. ( Nor Announced to be changed )

But you cannot make the game changes that were suppose to be done before this server was released..

Can you please enlighten all of us how a patch note changes were missed ( Yet not Changed ), yet this change is not noted anywhere in patch notes, but have time to fix this ?
  11. tankNspank Elder

Not only that but its on a WEEK cooldown! wtf
  12. tankNspank Elder

Basically they are taking advantage of a very long and loyal player base. Abuse will only last for so long before the base starts to fade.
  13. Febb Augur

How is it abuse to keep people from using instances for private experience groups? Why do you think they adjusted the /pick zones so they are harder to open?
    Adrienna and Bobbybick like this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

good job, Kahna!
    Dythan likes this.
  15. fransisco Augur

Wow, for how much everyone seems to hate this game, why do you still play?

Either way, come to live servers. Then you don't need to deal with all the krono farmers and rat races.
  16. Krezzy Augur

I think this is a bad call. AoC instances already come with a lockout timer of 6.5 days, so it isn't like players would be able to use this as a primary source of XP.

What they could do, however, is get an expedition and have a dungeon-crawling adventure without any other group interfering with them, and with mobs staying dead when you kill them (like they do in tabletop games, literature, and most single-player computer games).

DBG should encourage players to do this. It'd help keep EQ fun, and help server populations last.
  17. tankNspank Elder

This abuse is in general. This instance exp via AoC is one per week, def a game changer!!! Lol.
  18. tankNspank Elder

Also worth a week lockout to exp in these places....
  19. Febb Augur

These raid instances are for....you guessed it, raids. People are lucky they haven't gutted the instances of anything but the raid encounters themselves.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

So when I pop an AoC instance of SolB to single-group Rokyl I'm doing it wrong? Or cheating? Or...?
    Rhodz likes this.