Account Lapse Numbers in 9 Days

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darksinga_Bonaduce, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Kahna Augur

The devs already stated that theses servers do get the accelerated rate. The first "drop off" is at 4000 AA. Hence why all your toons get AAs at the same rate.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If DBG is unhappy with this launch--and we don't know if they are--then I would imagine they are saying the same thing. And while it's a valid question, it misses the point that the answer is right in front of you. Saying "if you just ignore the slow exp, everything else about this server is great" is like saying "if you ignore the needles and the drilling, getting a crown on your tooth is great." And it's true, there are a lot of great things about those results, but asking people to ignore their primary concern won't go well.

You can't put Agnarr back in the box, and the experience people had there will inform their experience on similar servers going forward. As much as Coirnav is a repeat of Phinny, it's not different enough from Agnarr to avoid the comparisons. It's been stated plenty of times by plenty of people, and I think it would help if people accepted it. Agnarr was basically the perfect TLP launch. A major part of that was that the exp rate felt just right. The other parts of it are pretty much the same on Coirnav, except for lower initial interest and a shorter lead time for the word to spread. Neither of which helped the situation any.

The only thing that is going to cause people to give this server another shot is an exp rate change. That goes for now and later. The most common Phinny topic on these forums in the last year was something a long the lines of "is it too late to catch up on Phinny?" The answers varied, but they weren't overwhelmingly positive. People were being realistic about the speed and options for leveling a new toon on the server. Coirnav will be no different, other than starting with a smaller population than Phinny.

Looking at this as "well you only have to level hard in Classic and Kunark" ignores everybody who comes to the server later on. Every single new character on the server will face the dilemma of grinding through the slow exp. Will Coirnav be able to keep up with attrition? If Phinny is any indication, not at a rate that maintains the server population long term. And again, Phinny had more people at launch. And new TLP's will eat into the potential replacements players.

I think what people should be saying is that with the right exp rate, it could be easy to overlook Coirnav's other flaws. But it doesn't work the other way around.
    Crayon123 and Lantherion like this.
  3. Lantherion Elder

Nice post.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

No it isn't. People complain that Coirnav was a cash grab by DBG. I dislike that statement because DBG is here to make money and they do that however they can. I have no gripe with that.

However...

Coirnav is a krono-grab for the majority of people who play there (my opinion). I play on Coirnav but due to my experience (or lack thereof) over the weekend I may not be playing there long. So while I play on Coirnav I have to agree with the people who say it'll be dead before we ever hit Kunark.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

Problem is Phinigel is the only server where the ruleset will really keep players past pop. The vast majority of the people who wanted to play past pop are already on phinigel. On coirnav you have the whos who of the RMT, the "we only play through velious" people, and a sprinkling of people from other servers who come to krono farm, as well as maybe one guild worth of people who actually want to try and play long term and make this their main server.

Come luclin+ youre down to a 2-3 guild server, and by the end of the 9 months of pop youre down to probally 1 US, 1 euro guild on the server if the server makes it that long.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

Coirnav is the exact same ruleset (except it allows use of Bandolier and Click-from-bags) as Phinigel, so exactly how is it not the next Phinigel?

My guess is that you mean it is not the same in popularity, and that I will agree with you on. Phinigel was hugely popular because everybody was fed up with dealing with box armies on Ragefire. The idea of truebox ruleset and AoC raid instances came along at just the right time to get everybody super excited for Phinigel. Coirnav has nothing at all going for it that makes people excited right now.

The ONLY thing it has going for it is that some people (myself included) were growing weary of the fact that the Agnarr server would eventually be stuck at the LDoN expansion for the rest of time. That's it. There is no other reason for anybody who already is playing on TLP to get excited and make the jump to Coirnav.

The people on Phinigel are where they want to be on a server that will continue on just fine for them.

The people on Ragefire and Lockjaw are there because they want to multi-box on one computer, so there is no reason for them to move to Coirnav.

The people on Agnarr that are staying there are people that came from p99 and don't care about playing beyond LDoN or people that don't care about the long term future of the server because technically they are waiting on Pantheon to release (soon TM).

So, really the only people that came to Coirnav was the small population of Agnarr that WANTED to continue on past LDoN, and some of those have already given up because they didn't realize just how bad the experience gain would be on Coirnav.

If people can hold out for level 60, they will be fine, but God only knows how many will stick it out.
    tankNspank likes this.
  7. tankNspank Elder

Its a Krono-grab due to DBG not really listening to the community about this server thus making it a cash grab. Most of the cash grab items are exp pots(slow as hell exp rate) and bags which, at launch, are prolly purchased mostly. They could have vary easily changed this ruleset up to make it not Phinny 2.0. Better exp rate / no keying / FV ruleset, anything different that would make the pop higher. Any of those / combination of those could have made the server different and more populated.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Because the dynamic is very, very different. It's a Phinny copycat, yes, but that doesn't mean it will replace Phinny. That's what "Coirnav is the next Phinigel" implies.

Look, I play on Coirnav but the economy alone shows you that something is off. Selling prices for items is relatively low. Krono price is relatively high. What's that tell you? It tells me that people are there for the krono.
  9. Risiko Augur

It tells me that fewer people are coming to Coirnav which means fewer people are selling Krono to get the initial boost in plat. Therefore, the people that are coming to Coirnav and selling Krono are able to ask for a higher price. Basic supply and demand there.

Ultimately, it tells me that Coirnav does not have a healthy influx of players, and that's highly alarming considering we aren't even one month in to the server.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  10. tankNspank Elder

Exactly what I did, back to Agnarr. I will run agnarr out til its done then prolly hang it up for a new game or wait til the next round of TLP that is not a hardcore grinder.
  11. tankNspank Elder

What would be the downside of an Agnarr 2.0:
    Take out keying - If you can kill it, you can loot it.
    Possible FV style loot
    Keep that fast exp rate(alt friendly)
    Truebox
    4 - 5 month unlock?

This would be after Agnarr has been in PoP for a few. No one wants the "kick you in the junk" exp rate, if you do, you have way to much time on your hands and you can stay on Coirnav :)

This will make the hardcore neckbearsd feel L33t and crush out the content in a few days while giving the casuals plenty of time to exp and raid.
  12. Lantherion Elder

FV ruleset
    Agnarr exp rate
    Phinny progression

Daybreak is smart tho because if they ever released this server i would never leave it, hence them making less money from me on broker bags and exp pots.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  13. tankNspank Elder

Hell no, I would still pop that exp pot on alts :)
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. Gremin Augur

Had around 40 people so far come to LJ server from Agnarr/Coirnav....
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

Not sure what your group makeup is or what camp you are doing, but WITHOUT a chanter charming was doing about 20% of a level in 45 minutes at 46 in the hole.

I am not saying the exp is stellar by any means, but I feel 3.5-4 hour levels post 45 are reasonable.
  16. HappyPanda Augur

During the XP bonus we saw 2.5 hours per level at 46+ in the hole.
    I would expect that to be pretty close to 3.5-4 hours per level now, which seems pretty reasonable.

I'm not personally investing a ton of time in Coirnav but the XP rate isn't so bad that it isn't fun to level up a few characters and try to enjoy classic for what it is.