Account Lapse Numbers in 9 Days

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darksinga_Bonaduce, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Darksinga_Bonaduce New Member

I'm curious to see the amount of active vs inactive subscriptions in 9 days for Coirnav.

I personally am letting 4 accounts lapse.

In before "QQ", "G.T.F.O", "Go back to WOW."

WTB A GOOD SERVER!
  2. Fepyy Lorekeeper

im letting 2 accounts go inactive.
  3. fastboy21 Augur

Its like Y2K all over again, but this time only for neck beards.
  4. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

I just activated accounts 13-18. Don't worry guys, as you let em fall I pick em right back up.
  5. Fepyy Lorekeeper

LOOL got that mage box army comin so we can squeeze the rest of the coirnav population, take their items, rmt them, and make them have an even worse experience. right on homie
  6. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

I don't have a mage or a necro on Coirnav, thanks for assuming though.
  7. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

I'm going to see how the 2 boxing with a Cleric/Wizard does before I decide to keep the 2nd account or stay with one.
  8. johnnie Journeyman

So wanted a new tlp were i could 18 box since i bought a new 6 core cpu instead of the 6 accounts i play now so i guess less money for eq,and on the old tlp most people box and a few couples families play also and sometime they box their family toons.
  9. Silvara Elder

Didn't you hear? multiple enchanters new meta. :p Can't dispel pets faster than the rest can KS your group.
  10. asdfqwerty Journeyman

You nerd addict, you keep paying theyll keep banning. Keep being not good and theyll keep taking your money.

you are being plowed by dbg so good you had to come here and attempt to save face like you are "never gonna stop"...good keep paying and dont ever stop paying they will gladly take your money and chain ban you as usual. If you arent paying then they are taking the kronos that you could have sold which is taking your potential money lol no matter what you are losing something and dbg gains~

You lost dbg won...and dbg keeps winning. Keep it up they love owning you

ps i have no idea who you are, but you sound 2007'ish new. A typical never was never will be~
  11. Turinbar Augur

Eventually even the guy boxing 20 chars or whatever won't be enough to keep EQ in the green. So he keeps propping up his characters, whats the max even a hardcore person will keep active ? say 30 accounts, i doubt it is even that high. You lose 2500 subs and the guy who boxes 30 gloats. LIghts are still going out. I tried xp'ing again and the grind is horrible, getting like 20 percent of a level in over 2 hours of playtime in the hole is not reasonable. I'm not going to buy xp pots, im saving my krono for a race change come luclin but I think I"m going to let the account lapse and just sit on the game money till a better xp server comes out, or maybe start a char on phinny.
  12. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

I think you misunderstood the joke. Thanks for being a fan though.
  13. Crayon123 Augur

My 4 are expiring, no plans to play on Coirnav again, worst TLP to date.
  14. Thewiz Augur

Letting my 4 expire. Will consider the next TLP. I hope it is soon. Coirnav really let me down. Thanks DBG.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  15. Crayon123 Augur

That's my biggest heartbreak. I'm over the fact that Coirnav was a subpar cash grab, I'm just disappointed we'll probably have to wait so long for the next one. Sigh...
  16. Coirnav Augur

Krono prices are about to go up =)
  17. Risiko Augur

I hate the slow experience rate on Coirnav, but aside from that, I can't understand why people are leaving it in hopes of a new server coming along.

And, here's why...

Coirnav is the next Phinigel, and anybody that understands anything knows that the Phinigel recipe is win. We are going to get 3 more experience boosts to the server (confirmed by DBG in these forums). The first exp boost will be with the Gates of Discord expansion.

Also confirmed by DBG devs in these forums, AA experience gain is based on an accelerated formula that starts out fast and slows down to the normal rate as you get closer to 1000 AAs.

So, really the insanely slow experience rate is only going to be an issue for the initial 1 to 50 push and the 51 to 60 grind in Kunark. Planes of Power only adds 5 levels, so that's not an issue honestly. After that, we don't go up in levels until Omens of War which is an expansion AFTER the experience rate goes up.

Does experience suck right now on Coirnav? Yes. It sucks bad.

But... If you just stick it out to 60, you will be fine for the rest of the existence of the Coirnav server.

Or, you can come back after we get to the Gates of Discord expansion, and play catch up.
  18. The Hated One Augur

Corn is a hardcore server only. Casuals will fade away. Only those with extremely high play time will be able to keep up with the exp speed to keep up with the unlocks. Once again...a fast unlock server with slow exp is a fail. Toss in time to get keys...which I think fast unlock servers should NOT have, and folks are just going to toss in the towel. You will be left with a low pop server of the hardest core of raiders until they realize there is no point as there is no one to really sell loot to and show off their ubar items to...other than themselves. Then they will launch a better TLP and poof...end of Corn.
  19. Numiko Augur

On phinny we do not get accelerated AA based on how many you have yet, my main has 1370 aa's and my alt mage has 900 and my alt Cleric has 500 and they all ding AA's at the same rate when i am boxing with them.

However saying that AA exp comes must faster then it was on live servers back in the day.

Also Raid exp is much better, I generally will get 2 aa's on an Anguish/Dreadspire clear where back when it was on live my exp bar would have barely moved.
  20. HappyPanda Augur

I would consider 3 month unlocks a moderate unlock server not a fast unlock server.
    With xp on Agnarr, we have seen 8 weeks as the massive decay point in each expansion where many players have basically finished leveling, the main things they want to do, and the raids have become lackluster.
    With xp slower as it is on Coirnav, it is possible that those 8 weeks will become 10 weeks or 12 weeks as everyone won't be leveled to cap in the first week or two.
    Generally, the trend has been that many, many players have logged out of EQ sometime around week 7-9 and many of them just never come back. They get out of the habit of logging in and they just don't come back. A few you can grab again with an email about a new xpac launch but many are just never seen again.
    Around week 9 is usually when people start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and excitement starts to build for the next xpac. That two weeks leading up to that is the crucial period. Anything you can do to get people interested and logging in through that 2 weeks will be a huge benefit to your guild.

I'm mostly just pontificating now about things you probably don't care about but I assure you that with 3 months at 50, then 6 months at 60 (no aa), then 3 moths to get aa, then 3 months at 65 with some more aa, that anyone who sticks it out will not feel behind after these first weeks.
    You won't need to be hardcore and many of the guilds on Coirnav are even actively recruiting with messages that they don't plan to raid much more than epics until Velious. There is LOTS of time and many guilds available to help you experience content at a pace that suits you.

Even as an ultra-casual with very limited playtime and a slow xp rate, you will have plenty of time to keep up over the next year, after that XP will be speeding up and the game changes significantly.

Coirnav is a great choice and a great place to play.
    kenshin111 and Kahna like this.