Recover an old eq account

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dsgrntled, Apr 6, 2018.

1. dsgrntled New Member

I am trying to recover my old eq account. I have the account name but it will not let me reset the password nor access the secret question. As the account was started in 1999 i have long ago forgotten what the question even was. I have tried to put in a support ticket but the ticket will not submit for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You need to know the account name and (have) the old email.
    The process and possible variants are well-documented in the knowledge-base.
    If you follow it, the password IS being reset and sent to the email on file.

For any other constellation than what they've described, i'm afraid they are unwilling to assist.
    (i too wished they'd apply some common sense with their assistance as i have issues with one of my old silver accounts too, but i've written that one off as lost quite some time ago)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. dsgrntled New Member

After the account name recovery I go to the screen to reset the password but when I type in the account name and enter it pops up a screen that says "The Daybreak Username you entered is unrecognized or does not exist. Please try again" I do have the original account name and still have the original email address used. I tried to submit a ticket with the new account I have made but nothing seems to happen after I hit the submit ticket selection.
  5. slayerofbats Augur

Try the ticket on another browser. That's what I had to do.
  6. dsgrntled New Member

Tried another browser and the ticket still wont go through. Thanks for all of the advice by the way.
  7. dsgrntled New Member

I finally got a ticket in by using my cell phone. Not sure why this made any difference but keeping my fingers crossed for the recovery. It will be interesting playing my old characters after so long.
    moogs likes this.