Ready for Heroic Boost

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by JustWannaPlay, Apr 5, 2018.

1. JustWannaPlay New Member

I have 3 reactivated All Access accounts. I have enough SC's to boost a toon to 85 on all 3 accounts. I was thinking to boost the following:
    a) Warrior or SK or pally
    b) druid - ports, snare, tracking, spot heals, evac
    c) mage - CotH, pet off-tank
    plus group would have cleric merc and 2 dps mercs

Wanted to know what your thoughts are on which tank to use and this threesome. This will be played on a live server.
  2. RenDnB New Member

Tough one for me as I enjoy the tank classes in general. But here are my thoughts:

SK - I'm currently playing an SK on my main group and I love it. Always enjoyed the "necro with a sword" but with some of their own twists. But pets, dots, HT... can't really go wrong with it. Plus with all the taps and life dots and procs, they'll help keep themselves alive.

Warrior - I love my warrior too lol. Just love how they can do what they do without mana. Since you have a druid for snares, you won't really have to worry about that with this one. But definitely a fun class. For me, since I mostly play an SK, the warrior is fascinating and fun to play. I can tell where I lean on spells vs. skills when I play my warrior. (kind of a tank check for me)

Pally - My wife plays a pally, and I've got one in the works. I didn't like them at first but the pally's utility always shines through when we get into those "oh crap" moments. You give up dps for that utility, but they can definitely take a good beating like the other 2 tanks.

I guess, with your group make up it depends on how you want to focus it. Good utility while sacrificing some dps, vs max dps sacrificing some utility. Since you'll have a cleric merc, I'd go warrior or SK personally. No mercs, I'd say pally.

My group make up with my wife is: me - SK/Shaman/Necro/Wiz wife - Pally/Cleric or Ranger/cleric depending on what we need at the time.
    Quatr and moogs like this.
  3. JustWannaPlay New Member

What class are groups looking for at 110? I like playing a healer in groups. Do groups still look for clerics? I could boost cleric - druid - mage and just pet tank. Thoughts?
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure about the group game but I know raids are usually always looking for more clerics to at least have on retainer. Back when I use to box my cleric I literally only knew what 2-3 of my AA's did and I pretty much only cast light heal and group heals and I was invited to raid just because I was a cleric. I pretty much learned everything I know about the cleric class from those that I raided with. They were in need of a cleric bad enough that they would take even an inexperienced cleric to fill a void they had. As a cleric or other healer class you could try to convince people to suspend their healer merc to let you into the group. If you perform well I am sure you would get invited back into groups with those peeps and word would get around that you play your class well which might open up more groups for you.
  5. moogs Augur

You could definitely do that. Groups may not actively look for clerics, but any intelligent player is going to take a real cleric with a decent reputation to fill the group over a merc.
  6. bigpapa Augur

you already have a druid who can heal decently , and you will have 3 mercs ?. I have nothing against cleric but I would get a chanter at cleric spot.

druid and chanter aa dps boost is awesome for a caster group. for pulling it's easy as well with coh , your chanter can mez adds as well,.

for higher zones like howling stone, droga , chardok, having a chanter is huge , I can run to camp 's easy ....same when I need to go to sathir zone.

you would have track , ports, and cc covered. and mage pet to tank, with a decent pet focus they are not bad.
  7. Shaydoe Nyte New Member

I just came back a few weeks ago so all my characters are heroic. There is a learning curve, but just read what every AA does and it is not that overwhelming.

I run a SK, Shaman, Bard with 1 cleric, DPS, caster merc. SK tanks, Shaman will slow/DoT, and Bard pulls, /melody, and dps. I really like the melee setups and with the Bard pulling really cuts down on the "Oh " moments. Missing ports and CotH kind of sucks but I play what I like. The SK has no problem tanking (after you get the heroic AC aug quests done from HoT). I rarely have to heal with the shaman, only when the cleric merc decide to out. The Bard is just added DPS and mezz when needed. Everything usually dies really really fast. There is no down time what so ever, constant pulls, constant exp. I just started running HA's for the exp and marks of valor so I can get better gear around 90.

I do not run any 3rd party macro programs, I alt tab to switch between toons. It helps A LOT if you have all the hotbars on all the characters in the exact same spot. With the most used macros in the same slot, and macro everything. This keeps it from getting too confusing when you are panicked and trying to save yourself when a total wipe.

If you decide to run something like this, PM me and I can go more in depth on my macros and basic strategy for pulling/tanking etc.
  8. Eggolas Augur

Warrior/Cleric/Enchanter -- Was and still is a fabulous trio. Moreover, you have two or three high demand raid characters and awesome group/progression combination.
  9. Dewey Augur

Go with the druid. Ports, track, snare... Once you have it you can't go back. I can't imagine not just porting to zones and succoring through.

Then with TL to bind it's better than coth half the time.