What is the purpose of a Truebox server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Time Burn, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Burn Augur

Wow, so I can screen capture boxers and submit said screen capture to Daybreak?
  2. Darchias Augur

I would recommend using video footage instead, but yes that is correct.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Inc a bunch of wasted cs time as players film and report something that isn't against the rules, because they don't like it.
  4. Roxxlyy Augur

From the Coirnav Progression Server FAQ:

5. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, I quoted that to you a few posts back.

The fact remains that a player cannot tell if another player is using one computer or six computers. There are plenty who want the truebox servers to be no box servers, and they will send in petitions every time they see someone boxing. It doesn't matter to them whether the person is using multiple computers (legitimate, legal boxing) or one computer. Players should not automatically be under suspicion or have to defend ourselves just because we box--most of us are doing it using multiple computers in keeping with the rules you have established.
  6. UnjustBannedAtabishi Journeyman

At this point, since you continue to post the same thing over and over, I feel like myself and others really need a clarification, because I find it hard to believe with as many people correcting you, that you keep going back to the same thing.

When you are saying that people should report others for boxing, are you referring to that as playing multiple accounts from one computer, or report players who are playing multiple accounts from multiple computers (one account per pc)? So to be perfectly clear, playing multiple accounts from multiple pc's is OK right?

I almost feel like yourself, and the FAQ are intentionally being vague so that you guys can potentially ban people just for boxing. Again, I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you are STILL unintentionally using the word boxing wrong.
    Machentoo likes this.
  7. Silinius Augur

Or you can just simply accept the fact that True Box =/= No Box.

Let me try to spell this out for you in a way that any primate can understand:

1. Truebox servers allow you to play 1 character per 1 computer

2. Non-Truebox servers allow you to play multiple characters on 1 computer

3. Anyone can submit a screen shot and/or video for what they think might be something against the rules.

4. It doesn't mean that a representative from Day Break is going to ban the person, it just gives them the chance to look at it. If they find what the person is doing suspect, then a ban or suspension might happen. It's their game, they can do what they want.

5. Unattended game play is against the rules regardless of the server. This means you actually have to be at your computer and hitting buttons. Depending on the server, this could be pressing a single key for each character you play on different computers to make them do different things... or it could be making hotkeys to cascade across different characters UI's from the same computer.

6. Roxxlyy is simply posting the same thing over and over because you are being a troll and trying to "trap her" into saying something that contradicts your interpretation of the rules.

7. Stop trolling the community management team. They don't make the rules. They are just here to make sure that the neckbeards trolls on these forums don't get out of hand and turn this place into more of a cesspool than it already is.

8. Go get a job / degree / life / clue - not necessarily in that order.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  8. Ilshade Augur

What are you asking here ?
  9. Ilshade Augur

here is a counter question to you D... question

Name one game that has the only one computer per or anti boxing in the works today ?
  10. Numiko Augur

Think we have to Define what is meant by Box and Boxing.

Box in this case refers to a computer case or a single Laptop

Boxing (plural) refers to using multiple computers (more then 1 "Box") each running a single client.

Playing multiple clients on one computer is *NOT* boxing by this definition because you are using a single "Box" .. there is no plural.

Call it Multi-Client playing, not Boxing
  11. Ilshade Augur

this doesn't mess with economy of game it the people that farm fbss and gebs - if they made them no drop you would see a big impact to economy then
  12. Uumdano Augur

I too am interested in Risiko suggestion for a tlp server. It sounds perfect as I respect skill in making the key strokes, I do it myself. Allow boxing from one computer, police the 3rd party stuff. I been saying this all along, sign me up.
    Adrienna and Risiko like this.
  13. slayerofbats Augur

Make a server where you can box on your own PC, but ban 3rd party software, and actually have someone actively stopping it. That will be the best EQ server. Also need a server where there is no 3rd party software AND no boxing of any kind. That will be the second best EQ server, and it will be the highest populated server in EQ. Currently the only way to play like that, is P99 which sucks for other reasons.

Plz Roxxlyy. Plz!
  14. Hateseeker Augur

It is, however, possible to see evidence of third party coordination program use, and it's also possible that when a player comes to complain about it, they simply say they "saw a boxer" instead of explaining fully. After all, it's not like there aren't people in this very thread who unintentionally said "boxer" when they meant something much more specific, right?
  15. jeskola pheerie

I said "in classic" and I am referring to the mage army guy who got some classic server firsts. I am a proponent of boxing so don't get all pissy with me. I don't have a list, I just remember there was a mage army dude on I think ragefire, maybe Lockjaw, that had some classic raid server firsts. I feel like it was Inny he had server first on, but don't feel like doing forum research for proof.
  16. Kobra Augur

I believe there was a guy who 12 boxxed mages and he played on both servers. I believe he was originally from RF, but he came over to LJ to mess with Faceless. He actually won one dps race against naggy, which I thought was hilarious, especially listening to the nerd rage in voice comms while it was going down. They threw out every excuse in the book for why they lost to 1 guy except admitting they were bad at this game (the real reason).
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Not true. Read the entire thread. The DBG employee mistakenly said that boxing is a bannable offense. What that person meant to say is that boxing from one computer is a bannable offense. Rather than admitting that mistake, the DBG employee doubled down. No one is trolling or picking on DBG staff.
  18. Febb Augur

Give her a break, she is new. She'll figure it out eventually. ;)

Anyone who has been playing this game for a short period knows how the truebox servers are set up and the rules.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Aside from someone accidentally putting script commands into /say or a chat channel, how exactly can you see evidence of third party coordination program?

For the umpteenth time, I have six keyboards and no problem hitting all six spacebars at the exact same time to send in pets/stand/nuke/sit. Just because they are nuking in unison does not mean someone is using 3rd party software.
  20. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

That is true (and awesome you can do that!) so it's best to just record, report, and let DBG do what they do.

Personally, boxing on a pc and a laptop is tiring enough. But I hope to get better!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.