Di'zok Hero's Forge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Jalelorf Augur

No. No. No. It was not fixed as quickly as it could have been. It took weeks if not longer than a month. I recall at least 2 patch messages claiming they had fixed those corpses when it most definitely was not fixed.

I don't care about these ornaments. Please don't screw up raid chests over ornaments.
    Slippry likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Patches are once a month. It's been this way as far back as I remember. We don't always want to hear this as players but it's what we have to work with. How many complaints of server patches would we have if we had anything sooner than 4 weeks for patches?

Oh and please remove your tin foil hat, holy Tunare lol. I know from time to time things don't work out the way the developers implement them but by your thinking nothing fun should ever be fixed and be ignored and that is something that should never be acceptable. Tell the Devs to not come up with ideas and new implementations and you would have the most stale MMO on the market and a Dev team that would just quit and phone it in. You know this game is 2 decades old, counting beta, right? To not change is to become extinct.

Just because *you* don't care about a thing doesn't mean also others do not care. You're not playing a single player game here.
  3. Slippry Augur

We lost two months of eyes to her corpse poofing. Don't assume anything in EQ is ever tested, working, or planned.

TBM also had emergency patches and hotfixes because it was released in such an amazing state.
  4. Jalelorf Augur

And just because *you* care about it doesn't mean the rest of us do. Take your own advise as *you* are not playing a single player game.

Also, why do you keep emphasizing words by putting asterisks around them?
  5. Maedhros High King

I care about the ornaments. I get people in my guild asking me almost every day if we have a full suit of whichever archetype they are, chain, cloth, leather or plate.

I do not want any fix to make things worse somehow and affect the other loot that drops in the chests, but I believe that it is not very likely that the fix will affect other loot.
    The loot is far more important than the ornaments but the ornaments are important to people too, whether you are included or not.
    A fix is needed and sounds like it's in the works and I look forward to it.
    Sokki likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

I care about ornaments. Not everyone in my guild does - I'd estimate a quarter of them. Further, though, I find the attitude of "don't even attempt a fix for someone else's issue" to be pret-ty darned antisocial.

As far as the value of "actual loots"? To me they're kinda gravy. We don't do any particular event for any particular loot. This isn't the group game. There's raiders*10 currency awarded, and 2 armor drops, and vendor unlocks for apps - those are the core rewards.

What with the proliferation of weapon ornaments (I use the class Retelling ornament pretty exclusively on my characters, others like Erylline or marketplace options, whatever else), I view fancyass exclusive raid armor ornaments to show off with a pretty important facet of modern chests.
  7. Angyy Journeyman

Is there anyway these ornaments can be like the Arx ones were, where we can purchase them off the vendor with raid currency? It'd be nice to have something to burn extra coins on (other than a no drop bag)..
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can consider that. No ETA though.
    Arwyn-RoV, Koryu, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  9. Maedhros High King

Thanks for this fix, we got a small chest with the ornaments next to each normal chest this week.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's amazing! All the sky will fall didn't happen, would you look at that!...