Will Coirnav get the Kunark XP bump like Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gladiatoreq, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Crayon123 Augur

Disagree.

Already did.
  2. uk6999 Augur

I really enjoyed Phinny but the numbers are a far cry from what they used to be. That is the reason I came to Coirnav. I really enjoyed the subscription base Phinny had from Classic -> PoP. Could easily find groups and picks didnt automatically close which made things like farming Epic pieces and VP/Vex keys easier. After GoD more people started boxing to keep raid numbers up and pick up groups were not nearly as common. Anyway I will stay on this server ( with fewer accounts ) until the same thing happens. Which given xp will be a lot sooner than later.

Make picks !
  3. Turinbar Augur

Yea this is going to be a dead server by Luclin :)
  4. Turinbar Augur

Do you really think it is cool that my level 46 character gets 1/2 a percent of xp for a red con mob in the hole, those stupid golems.....
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Kunark*
  6. Crayon123 Augur

Make big brother happy and buy some more XP pots.
    Lantherion likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

the exp change points are:
    "Original Everquest","Gates of Discord","Depths of Darkhollow","The Serpent's Spine"
    Original is the start setting (it needs to be there to set the starting exp setting) And yes, this *is* at Phiny "bumped" level.
    Gidono, HappyPanda, Risiko and 3 others like this.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Neat, didn't even realize that had happened. Explains why farming for the DA idols (mostly LB mobs) felt like surprisingly decent XP.
  9. Claustaler Lorekeeper

Could we get any/some numerical example?

i.e: Original is 100% GoD 105%?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cant wait for Coirnav 2.0 with faster Exp and GOD locked!
  11. Potsos76 Augur

I know you guys will eventually do the right thing and give us poor bastards who have no one to play EQ with a faster xp server. I would really love to experience a TLP with more than one toon at some point in my life and maybe even see max level.
    Lantherion likes this.
  12. Lantherion Elder

me and a bunch of friends quit playing coirnav due to the slow exp but we have also said that if they ever gave it agnarr exp before GoD hits we would come back.
  13. Lankie Augur

Don't forget the zone XP bonus was nerfed, so you might be getting 20% less XP in Guk etc.
  14. Aegir Augur

Actually the Irony of it all.

Grinding AAs is so fast and so much out of proportion to the normal-exp rate, that once you hit Planes of Power and play regularly - you will run out of AAs to buy.

Yes, you will out of nothing else to do, max the Tradeskill lines and bank up 130 AAs way before Gates of Discord launches.

So in Hindsigt. lv 1 - 50. Yeah it takes time, lv 50 - 60 can be a long grind as well. But once the cap only rises by 5 levels, the grind is basically over. If you get a good group most of the 5 level cap increases are done in less than 12hours.Now, then throw in the very easy AA grind and ridiciously high AA bank ability compared to the TLP eras - you mostly will sit around having nothing much to do but log on for Raids. I hope for a future TLP server in another life, in a galaxy far far away, "The Grind tm" is more balanced over the whole span of the TLP.

This could make returning - and new players have some extra difficulty catching up, but that could be countered by an earlier implementation of hotzones up to lv 55 at PoP launch. lv 60 at OoW, which then finally catches up to the normal launch of Hotzones up till lv 65 in TSS.
    Starr likes this.
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Is this all servers or Phinny and Coirnav?
  16. Risiko Augur

I knew there was an expansion-based experience boost, but I couldn't remember which ones. Then Roxxly's reply had me thinking there would never be an experience boost which really had me confused.

Now we know for sure that there is an experience boost at:
    1. Gates of Discord
    2. Depths of Darkhollow
    3. The Serpent's Spine
    Also, for anybody that wasn't around when it happened in the past, the way that AA experience is gained is not the same linear path it was in the past. At some point in Everquest history, they changed it so that the first 1,000 (correct me if I am wrong Ngreth) come at an accelerated rate, and then taper off after that. So, it's not nearly as horrible to get your AAs in Shadows of Luclin and Planes of Power as it was back in the day.

Thank you for your confirmations Ngreth. It's greatly appreciated.
  17. Silvara Elder

I wouldn't listen to much of anything Roxxlyy says, she's already demonstrated a stunning lack of knowledge of basic game mechanics and game history. She'll warn you if you try to point this out, too (claims it's an insult, lol).

Best bet is to hope a game dev chimes in on a conversation as Ngreth does from time to time. As he stated, there will be XP boosts during Coirnav which are built into the game progression itself.
  18. Rolento Augur

True, but that 20% was added to Sol B and The Hole
  19. Death Strudel Augur

Will coirnav experience these bumps? Roxxlyy made it sound as if they will not happen.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

All progression servers use the same script that makes the changes when the appropriate expansion unlocks. That does mean Agnarr is "stuck" since it doesn't progress to the appropriate expansions.

I will give a provisional answer on the AA exp question. NOTE!!!!!! I'm not 100% sure I am correct. I can say with confidence that there is a system that scales the AA exp required to gain AA exp by the amount of AA you have. BUT (Here is the part I'm not clear on. The person that would know for sure is not in yet and I wanted to post and get back to other work!) I believe that it also adjusts that scaling by expansion unlocks as well. So it may be "As bad as it was" to an extent. (EXP is still easier to get, even with the global adjustment)
    Gidono and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.