Can't heal or buff my merc?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Yirivi, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Yirivi New Member

Hiya all, so I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Lemme tell you my situation.

I have an 85 druid and a 61 monk, both on separate accounts. I'm /dueling both characters trying to get my monks skills up, and my monk is fighting the druids merc. I'm getting skill ups off of the merc but not off of the druid. The only problem is even though the merc is 85 and my monk is 61, my monk brings the merc down to low HP very quickly. I try to heal my merc or buff it with regen but it won't let me do either. Can you not heal mercenaries in duels? If so does anyone know an easier way to skill up throwing and such skills? I've tried just fighting regular mobs but its gotten me killed 2 times so far. I bought the 85 druid as a heroic character just to make skilling up less painful... also I tried going to the arena and it was working great for about 5 minutes and then a level 105 player ran up and 3 shot me (my monk was only level 42 at the time...) so even though that's a great method, other people won't let you do it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this.
  2. moogs Augur

Are your druid and monk grouped together? You might want to cancel the /duel (camping out should do it) and take them both to the arena zone. Just...yeah, keep an eye out for random turds like that. Usually the place is totally empty.

Does Freeport still have an arena? I miss the one in the old Bazaar.

There is an NPC outside of Erudin? Maybe Paineel? Trying to remember. He is in a cave and he hits for low damage. I remember he was pretty good for leveling up combat skills. Trying to find him.
  3. Yirivi New Member

yeah they're grouped but for some reason my healing spells don't work on my merc, I'm not sure about freeport, I ran all the way to the lake rathetear one
  4. moogs Augur

Ungroup.
  5. Quatr Augur

That's odd. A level 61 Monk wearing Defiant gear should buff to at least 7-8K, give or take. If you take him to a level-appropriate place with weak mobs (like Droga or Grieg's End), it should take at least 40 hits for full damage to bring the Monk down to 0. That's plenty of time for the Druid to heal the Monk even if his Defense and Dodge are very low.
  6. Yirivi New Member

I tried that, it didn't change anything.
  7. Yirivi New Member

I wasn't exactly paying complete attention to it, that's sort of why I'm looking for methods where I can attack passive npcs. I could totally just go fight things and heal heal heal heal heal, but that sort of defeats the "looking for an easy way" idea.

I could buy ANOTHER heroic character I guess, a mage, and use a pet with a healing merc, apparently that works quite well, I just didn't think the game would be like "oh you're in a duel? well you can't heal your merc then".
  8. Yirivi New Member

I think I found a solution, its not very efficient as the merc runs out of mana, but a healer merc can heal itself... for a little while before it goes OOM. Much better than the tank merc. I just don't get why I can't heal the freaking thing.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Is one of the two flagged as pvp? Are any of the spells you are trying to use (such as regen, that you noted) blocked by a spell already on the merc?
  10. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

I thought you couldn't be healed in /duel mode. Been so many years since I used it, though, I have no idea anymore.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Were mercs ever intended to be used in pvp or possible does zek have special rules to allowed the use of them that are not part of Live server rules?
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since i do not do PvP other than to rid rezzed people of tomb-rot, i cannot answer your question if merc can be healed or not.

But i brought up many a character and i cannot see why you'd have issues keeping a char of that level up.
    a) for the arena-thing, there are other PvP areas in the game that you might use that aren't bound to be visited by passing-through players.
    b) if you use /xtar on your druid, there is absolutely no reason why the monk should ever die to "regular mobs" - unless of course you are looking for a setup that works while you are afk in which case your character deserves to die.
    Quatr likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Paineel has an arena, getting the key is the issue, but you won't be bothered there ;)
  14. Phiyre Augur

PvP arena in Qeynos. Think Halas has one also..

Idk what the deal is w/ you healing your merc.. I have issues healing my charmed chanter pet, as in my healers heals do nothing.. well, maybe 1-2% a heal or something.. Must be super nerfed when it comes to charmed pets..
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

City of Mist arena is fun too :p

The hp of the mob won't change when you charm it; generally speaking, mobs of similar level will have mounds more hp than you - so the heals are healing the same amount of hit points, it just doesn't make much difference.

I don't ever want a charm pet healed though (merc only comes out for buffs).