Compensation for damage to gameplay due to font change - request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Natal, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Leex Pewpewer

I want a year free because they changed the font!

And I started to like it....=/
  2. smash Augur

Wow, people can be upset about so tiny a thing,
    :sigh:
    Next year they make so each kill gives you 100 aa if aa xp turned on other wise it gives you a level. And people will still complain because they wanna earn xp normal way no speedy gonzales.

I can understand people would be upset if they changed so text would come from right to left as you typed, but this, no.
  3. Ajjantis Elder

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE XD
  4. Astinox Journeyman

If you really think DBG is gonna compensate for this then i've got some nice oceanfront property to sell you in South Dakota.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

Don't play computer games if you can't hack any changes.
  6. Talonthalis Elder

I have to hand it to the OP though: up to 3 pages on this one already. Who knew font was such a touchy subject?
  7. Wizlard Augur

Stop making a fool out of the community with your nonsensical complaining.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

They did what is within the "spirit" of the game. We have Halloween and Christmas events and nobody complains. Well I am sure somebody complains because someone always has something to complain about. They celebrated April fools day with a harmless prank. They were trying to be festive on a day when pranking is a tradition. You got pranked and now you want compensation for it? Life is to short to get all worked up over the small stuff. Take the joke like a man/woman and move on with your life. I would really hate to see how you deal with conflict or difficult situations outside of a video game.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not sure it’s the subject necessarily, more so that it’s Forum-Quest, where everything is one long childish tirade about everything and nothing all at the same time.

They could make a post saying they’re mailing every all acesss player a check for $100 and you’d have a flurry of complaints about it not being paid out cash, the hassle of having to go to the bank, the way they notified or did not notify players, demands for a credit on the player’s cc instead, and/or that free accounts should be included as well because reasons based on the feels....with a dash of hunger strike threats from folks who’ve played since 1974 and will cancel their 37 gold accounts if a dev doesn’t reply to them in the next 10 minutes.

Par for the course.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I like how everybody just assumes that DBG did this and that it wasn't the God Bertox just being himself on his favorite day. What if he's the ghost in the machine?
  11. EnchFWO Augur

Comic Sans.
  12. divirgmar Lorekeeper

I was brainstorming with a friend in game, a possible future April fools and we came up with this:
    - DT golems from Fear in NW/NE/SW/SE corners of guild lobby- after 15 minutes they would randomly call out PC's that passed by their LOS and DT them.

- Wargs in N,E,W,S parts of guild lobby, that would start to attack anyone that in GL for more than 10min

- Merc clerics in GL would only give 4% rezzes and say "april fool" much in the manner they exhibit a sheepish grin when the promised rejuvenation finally hits while you are in Gl......

- For "balance" Exp pots of varying degrees would spawn in the GL floor. people would have to run in to see if they could get one and run out- Lore, no trade, the rare spawn being the group exp pot that lasts 2 hours. (probably near the golems)

- Roaming Gelatinous cubes in GL that would randomly bump into you and slow you to a walk that was irreversible until you zoned out (like the muck form Luclin)

-The only thing foragable in GL would be Warg....stuff. (no rabbit meat, water or roots!)

-Every other zone would be fine.

It was fun imagining.
  13. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Another reminder of why I left customer service far behind.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Kinky

/sarcasm on
    And why stop at a year? I want a home visit, an apology in person, free pizza and personal GM at my beck and call. In truth, what I want most is a cool, repeat, cool EQ shirt. XL size please and since I live not too far from the office I will even pick it up for free. :)
    /sarcasm off
  15. Natal Augur

My request is not unreasonable. DBG do have legal liability here, albeit for a relatively small amount of money, so they need to be aware of that and make up for the damages they incurred through their actions as a token of good faith. At the very least they need to be providing the general population with a tutorial on how to fix the damage to the UI that resulted from this font change, or the attempt of players to fix their fonts.

Things sometimes get broken in game during the course of implementing content, reasonable people understand and accept that, but DBG is providing a paid for service, and when stuff is broken intentionally with the singular purpose of disrupting the enjoyment of paying customers, things are different and restitution is in order.

If your bank drained your ATM account for a day on April 1st as a "joke", you would be pretty POed with them, joke or not, no? Why should DBG be held to some different standard? It is unprofessional. They are not our friends or family, we are paying them for a service. They don't get to make jokes or waste our time.
  16. Dreadmore Augur

Before we go making assumptions about what legal stuff is involved and how EQ's motto wasn't "You're in our world now" and that DBG has always been the bend-over-backwards-for-every-customer type of company, here's a snippet from their terms of service.

I mean, since you're already talking about legal stuff, you did read the whole terms of service, right?
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

"singular purpose of disrupting the enjoyment of paying customers," Good luck on proving that.

and

"They don't get to make jokes or waste our time". Says who?

Anyway

/sigh

Let us know how it turns out in court.

Oh

and

/YAWN
  18. Aurastrider Augur

This is the reason why doctors have such high malpractice insurance and it costs the family farm just to treat the common cold. Stop with this I am a victim because I don't like something you did so you must give me something in exchange. You were not harmed and your mental distress is being blown out of proportion. You agree to them having the artistic creativity to alter game play at any time when they decide. If you don't like changes let them know but demanding compensation every time you disagree with a game design or feature is petty and shows a lack of maturity on your part. This is a game and a source of entertainment. Its this very same artistic creativity that even allows a game like this to exist. Take the good with the bad and move on with your life.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

While the joke did get old after a while, it wasn't really that hard to find a workaround and enjoy the game normally.
    I admit that I didn't knew the /font command at start, but it was pretty obvious that you could go to options and change the font there.

The april fool joke was not THAT disruptive, that they owe you money back imho.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Three pages of comments without one person who agrees should show you that it is unreasonable.

OTOH, if this was an April Fool's troll post..... well played!