Di'zok Hero's Forge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Moldar Augur

I recall them doing something very similar with the Plane of Shadows raid during the Rain of Fear Expansion.

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement a second chest in addition to all of the current raid chests that currently spawn in the raids.

Thanks for looking into it Devs!
  2. smash Augur

The simplest solution is often the best.

No reason to make come complex thing.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

the drops feel more rare, I think, because some, maybe even most of them are inaccessible to us, with corpse poofings, inability to loot them out of advanced loot, whatever, whereas this has not been too much of a problem in previous expansions. Typically by this time around we'd have finished multiple sets of ornaments for various folks, this time around, we have yet to finish a single set of ornaments. Statistically from a codewise it may be true that they are 100%, practically and effectively this is not the reality that we are experiencing.
    Metanis and Maedhros like this.
  4. Prathun Developer

We are looking into the situations where the raid boss's corpse is gone or inaccessible.
    The resolution may or may not be to move the ornaments off of the raid boss entirely.
    Nniki, roguerunner, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Thank you for looking into this!! It seemed like they were suppose to be off every event like normal, just corpses weren't playing nice =/
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ty Prathun and Ngreth for looking into this! <3
  7. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

Thanks for looking into this issue!
    AFAI can tell currently our only sources of Di`zok ornaments appear to be from:
    - Cactus (boss leaves a corpse)
    - Gorowyn (ALL PC and NPC corpses and living PCs on a win, pop to the reset spot)

No ornaments from:
    - Skyfire (have seen ornament in /advl from Warleader but his corpse poofs; and it can't be retrieved from /advl. Btw, lately, since an open chest is technically a corpse IT will move out into the field at least one time! :eek:
    -Crypt Robbers (no boss corpse to really loot)
    -Drusella (all the npc corpses poof when killed, even the sarnaks)
    -Sathir Line (the 2 major bosses literally poof as they are falling, but before they hit the floor)

Veeshan's Peak: Won't know for at least a week or two; perhaps some of the other guilds can chime in on the drops there?
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Putting them into the chest would make sense to me.
  9. Absor Developer

Pfft. They just wrote a ticket and made me do it!

Anyhow, I've added a new chest to raids that will drop the things. Hopefully going forward we will continue to do it this way. The issue is that raids are complicated, bosses don't always exist at the end or there are sometimes a bunch of bosses at the end.

So after the update be on the lookout for a tiny chest with a bit of armor in it.

A
  10. EnchFWO Augur

Any chance we could con you into slightly increasing the number of HF drops in the new chest since we went so long with losing a lot?! :D

ps. Regardless... thanks so much for the changes!
  11. Absor Developer

That's not me. That's for the items folks to figure out. I just set up the delivery method. :)

However, if it was up to me, the answer would be, "Sorry, but no".
  12. Biltene Kingslayer

Absor polite smash!
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Absor get's a <3 too then!

Seriously, you guys just made a lot of raiders very happy!

I probably confuse my guildmates with my HF changes constantly (assuming they play with no names on ever like I do - I know who is who by what they wear and items they hold). I'm almost 41 and play dress up Barbie with my Wood Elf, is that weird...?! :D
  14. Jalelorf Augur

This has disaster written all over it. It took how many attempts to get Ashanti's corpse correct for augments? I would prefer you don't jack with any of the raids or the chests for ornaments.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

While this is the very same EQ where once a fix for a Wizard spell broke an Enchanter spell I don't fully understand your concern. By creating a second chest *if* it happens to have similar issues as the raid corpses do now aren't we just where we are now? It was annoying we couldn't loot Right of Left Eyes of Sul for a bit but it was fixed as quickly as it could have been. Given this is just for fashion items this being a guinea pig for possible future implementation is a win-win.
  16. Lianeb Augur

The Talendor Trophy on his corpse last night was a nice little surprise, makes me wonder if there are chances for more guild trophies
  17. Allayna Augur

Predictions:

2 Chests pop...neither has loot
    0 chests pop
    1 chest pops...it has ornaments and there is not a loot chest
    The entire raid receives a lockout for each chest....effectively attributing a 9 day lockout to 54 raiders...but that's never happened in EQ history.

Regardless of which of the above happens...it will be the players fault and considered an exploit.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

No faith? It's a 2nd chest on event win, this won't be the first time a raid event has spawned 2 chests. I think this will work as intended after the patch.
  19. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Lmfao!
  20. Maedhros High King

We just watch him poof before his body hits the floor every time :/

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage and High Voltage like this.