Why do people want 'FV Ruleset'?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by handlebar_mustache, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Guzzle Augur

All these people freaking out about kronos... the item market would have so much more available from instanced raiding that it would bottom out the krono market on a vast majority of things that people get camped out of currently. The largest benefit is.. now you can't get blocked out of various camps. You have an equal shot along with everyone else for some of the best pieces, plus the ability to farm stuff for alts easier.

I don't see an FV server becoming RMT heaven. I see it, personally, as a way to enjoy the giant boon to original EQ (almost everything tradable) in a more permanent way. There is a reason FV is so popular... and it's not because everyone there RMT's.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

They want it because that ruleset is basically pay to win, hence the massive popularity. As was said before people don't have the same time to devote to the game as they did years ago. Couple that with disposable income, boom.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

It's true that it will make it easier and safer for those elements of the community who would have used disposable income to buy loot rights,however, it will facilitate and permit in-game platinum purchases for everyone else, with there being some in the middle who might not have spent RMT before, but will spend krono now, and possibly some that would have RMTed before but now are able to just get it done with in-game platinum due to the increased supply and decreased prices.

And it definitely helps with those who are tired of doing this for the 15th time and need a little economic efficiency, regardless whether they have enough time to do it on their own or not.

Also, when you combine instancing and open loot rules, exactly who are you paying to win against? If winning means completing a set of raid gear, sure, I guess you could consider it pay to win in that way. But there's no PvP so it's not pay to win in any direct sense.
  4. Atomos Augur

I think after nearly 20 years of EQ, people are just looking for a different way to play the game the next time they start over for the 23429308th time. I personally have never played FV, but I'd probably give it a try if a new server launched.
    PathToEternity and Crayon123 like this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

With No Drop loot tradeable, the supply of good loot will increase which will decrease the cost per item. People will be able to gear up for much easier and for much less cost than they do now.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

• something unique to add to server longevity and population
    • gives non-raiders something to do if you've exhausted group activity, can farm and eventually save for a raid item.
    • hand-me-downs to alts and new members to help longevity
    • farmers will exist no matter what
    • you actually box less, since you can farm items for alts (since it is tradeable) while soloing for a more relaxing camp
    • for the record, banning kronos is pointless, people could always sell the plat instead of kronos for $, trade it for plat/krono on another server, etc. Plus Daybreak has to make their money.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  7. Crayon123 Augur

Actually a good thread and I agree with many of the points made.

Important to note that the Krono argument is relatively pointless, if its not Kronos facilitating RMT it will be platinum sales, the second of which Daybreak does not offer in the marketplace.

Honestly, they have made great improvements with the instancing of raid content and load balancing over the years, but the standard TLP formula is getting quite stale and the slow XP on Coirnav didn't help their case at all. A fresh perspective on loot rules and offering a whole new way to play the game would be awesome. I've tinkered around on FV before and have always been attracted to the idea of hand-me-downs, doing older content to equip alts or friends starting fresh, it also seems a bit easier to jump back in after a time away from the game and not be completely useless in modern content with a bit of bartering of goods.

My biggest disappointment is that they just released Coirnav and it is going to be a while before a new server most likely. A shame really, I would like to play. Should just launch it early :)
  8. High Voltage Augur

FV-free-trade-rules are just a basic p2w concept. Some want it because it will make it easier to earn money from playing. Others want it because it makes it easier to avoid playing by spending money.
  9. Jaay Lorekeeper

FV is one of the most popular and populated server, so its not that strange that ppl want to see a prog server with the same rules..

I play on FV, and I do it cause I dont have time to raid, but on FV I can still scratch up some raid loot wich makes the game more fun, simple as that..
  10. smash Augur

As i see it, FV is a popular concept because some, if not many, are there for raiding and selling loot for rl money.

Imo, it is a concept that should only ever be on 1 server, and best would it to be totally gone, but i doubt that will happen.

For myself i take pride in having earned the equipment i have got and not bought any.

If they should ever consider some new server with fv loot rules, then instead of dropable the items should be heirloom instead.
  11. Dawdle Augur

As I have stated before, I like it because the time and effort I put in to things can be used for other characters as well which allows me to do other things. More things.
    You guys with your pay to win and RMT mindsets lol me. I don't want to have to do 2 rings quests with all the KSing and crap that go's on on these servers I would rather just do it once and pass it around.
    I also played PvP servers and when that died transferred to FV because I don't need this serious hard core game anymore, what I knew is gone.
    This isn't about pay to win but maybe it is about easy street. I rarely ever buy anything but there are also few things I do more then once and from a guild raiding point of view being able to trade items or swap/lone gear is very nice.
    Guilds still do need bids of greed bids but nothing rots and or really go's to alts, everything go's to people either needing it or wanting it to trade or sell to improve their character.

Anyway look Coirnav population right now is lower then Agnarr's, it's lower then FV's, and for a TLP launch 2 weeks in point of view.... It's dead. You have what you want. It's not working.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just to be fair, nobody ever posted they wanted a phinny 2.0 with slower exp.
    an_ogre_monk00 likes this.
  13. Jerakor Journeyman

I'm really surprised people think that FV rules though really means more P2W. People do realize that lots of people pay for loot rights on loot and pay out the nose right?

There are 24 boxers and entirely RMT based guilds that just farm and sell items. They do Cursed Cycle and Tmax and such and just get a lot of cash that way.

No Drop does nothing to keep someone from selling an item. It just means that the market is entirely controlled by people who can commit a raid force amount of people to farming the item. It hurts the ability for the average player to compete in the market.
  14. Critt Augur

I've never played on FV but I think their loot rules are interesting. I would be for a FV style TLP as long as Krono was disabled on it. Honestly there have always been RMT players but krono has only multiplied the problem 100 fold.
  15. Hateseeker Augur

Disabling krono on any server might slightly reduce the number of people who are RMT buyers, but only slightly; most everyone else would continue, they would simply use the same riskier payment methods they used prior to krono, and now, RMTers would get actual cash they can use outside of Daybreak products. Overall the largest effect would be that less revenue is retained for Daybreak, so definitely Krono would never be disabled.
  16. Stagentti Augur

Krono are allowed on FV and the server works just fine. Most populated live server by far.
  17. Critt Augur

A TLP with FV loot rules is a whole different animal than a live server with them...

Your reply has me somewhat confused are you saying you think RMTers aren't getting actual cash, because that's what RMT stands for =) Krono gives them a bigger market than joe blow who just wants to buy a piece of dragon loot...because most players like paying a discount for their sub...as to a loss of money for DBG well those krono are bought by someone after all so DBG was paid.
  18. Ilshade Augur

agreed do this but disable cross server trade of krono, by making the new server new account access only and you cant log into any other server with that account specific to that server - exit krono farmers...
  19. Bandages Elder

If you are going to have a FV ruleset to discourage krono farmers please implement the trivial loot code as well.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

I'm saying krono only gives people real money within Daybreak's infrastructure, whereas if you take away krono then people will just go back to sending money via however they sent it before, and that kind of money can be used outside of Daybreak infrastructure, and in fact doesn't even require anyone buying krono to exchange.

Also, a FV rules TLP is not meaningfully different anymore. TLP is heavily instanced beginning with Phinigel, and that approximates Live. TLP only starts with Classic era now, it's not a true Classic simulator.