Just returned after, 15-17yrs away. Turned my 52 CLR into an 85 Heroic & need help

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MrBonesHOK, Apr 1, 2018.

1. MrBonesHOK New Member

Hey all, I'll try to be quick. I just returned after a good 15-17yrs away. I had a 52 cleric and I bought the heroic thing to upgrade him to 85. Obviously the game has changed...a lot. I have no idea WTF to do, I mean, I can look at leveling guides which is all fine but I have no idea what spell rotations I need, where I should put these AA points, etc. Can ya help me out?

1) What is an ideal healing rotation (at level 85) for:

-Group/multi-target:

-Single target:

2) What is an ideal damage rotation (at level 85) for when I want to attempt to solo?

3) Where should I put these AA points?

4) How do I set-up these macros or w/e they're called, for like auto attack/etc?

a) What macros do I need?
  2. moogs Augur

Oh boy. Welcome back, first of all. Here is a non class-specific introduction to your new set of gear.

3. moogs Augur

4. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome back :)
  5. MrBonesHOK New Member

thx, as you can see i'm still overwhelmed
  6. moogs Augur

I spent about 20 minutes last night searching for a copy of the heroic cleric guide on eqclerics.org, but the wayback machine has failed us all. I do not main a cleric, but I didn't see a guide on YouTube either. I have a 77 cleric that I don't use, so I think when I get home from work I may try to reproduce your situation and record the video. Crystilla & team, don't hesitate to correct me.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. MrBonesHOK New Member

Thanks, a video would be highly appreciated & extremely beneficial not just for me, but for anyone who decides to do a heroic cleric for the first time and/or returns to EQ1 from a long (or very long like me) hiatus. Things that would be great to be included would be:

-Recommended spell rotation
    -Recommended macros
    -Recommended AA point allocation
    -Anything else I didn't think of

The video posted above about heroic stuff filled me in on where to go, etc. Also, I cannot find the Heroic Cleric guide either. Guess it was never posted on EQClerics when the site moved. :(
  8. moogs Augur

I made a cleric tonight not knowing what to expect and this is what happened. I spent most of the time doing the J5 merc upgrade quest.

I'm Gold Status, and even though I didn't opt in to Auto Grant, it did it anyway. So this is not a resource for AA allocation. You should refer to the existing written guides such as on eqclerics.org and the Class Discussion section of these forums for detailed advice...macros and such are better in writing and coming from a pro.
    Quatr likes this.
  9. MrBonesHOK New Member

thx for this though, will peep
  10. Talonthalis Elder

Welcome back! I've been going through the "New Cleric" routine as well with trying to get information and ideas. Check out this (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-cleric.247326/) thread as it's been going since April. The cleric community has added some wonderful advice. I couldn't have learned more than the basics without them. Hope this can help you as well!
    moogs likes this.