Coirnav server not full

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stagentti, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Stagentti Augur

First time I've seen it dip?

Did Phinny and Agnarr go down from full pop this soon? Feel like it was a few weeks for them.
  2. Fepyy Lorekeeper

yea the tunnel is like empty at 4am
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's been dipping for over a week. Usually doesn't hit full until 9-10am Eastern on weekdays.
  4. Lantherion Elder

exp bonus is gone and people are quitting, will be fine till kunark hits but you will see another dip then.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  5. Catashe Augur

Yea... one the XP bonus is gone so people are starting to rethink their lives... two, the more weeks that go by, the more kroon farmers disappear til Kunark when they'll start up again...
  6. snailish Augur

Coirnav is too early to post-mortem.

Let the Agnarr guilds that aren't interested in living in the lock past beating Time do their thing. If a bunch come to Coirnav, you may actually have the unusual circumstance of a serious bump up in population post Velious (or wherever Coirnav is at by then).
  7. Green_Mage Augur

I would like to think that is true. But I think its a lot more likely their is a new TLP by then and that's what will get all these Agnarr customers.
  8. Thewiz Augur

Coirnav will never be the success that Phinny or Agnarr is. DBG has to think long and hard about the next TLP and when to launch it.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You'll see another dip around the 15th-17th when the 1 month subs lapse.
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Phinni opened Prophecy of Ro. Stuff for people to do, so they are back in Phinni working on that now.
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It takes like two hours to do all the group stuff for spells. Then there is nothing to do again. :(
  12. Lumiens Augur

I played on Corinav for probably a week, for some reason I just didn't get that new server fun feeling like I had on previous ones and leveling was just feeling tedious and annoying.

On last Saturday the 24th of March I instead started a new Level 1 Berserker on Ragefire and with the Exp bonus still going and Ragefire's natural higher exp rate I was able to hit 65 already on it last night Sunday the 1st of April. This was with zero power-leveling, zero outside group buffs or help and zero exp pots, I just had to box in order to be able to form my own group to level up.

Defiantly having 100 times more fun on Ragefire now than I was on Corinav and it's looking to be a good place to stay until they either open a new TLP with some sort of new and exciting rule-set to make it actually worth switching to.

If you are looking for a place to go to and don't mind boxing a bit to initially get yourself leveled up I would highly recommend Ragefire. The community there is incredibly cool and friendly.
    Adrienna likes this.
  13. Mashef Augur

Coirnav will see a minor spike in life around the time SOL/POP come out when those of us on Agnarr feel like leveling a toon for GoD/OoW content. Until then it seems Phinny/Agnarr people are happy. A 4th run through classic/kunark is a hard pass for the vast majority of players. Bonus exp is the only thing that even filled coirnav up for 3 weeks.
  14. jeskola pheerie

why does everyone keep saying 4th? Am I missing something? really, its 7th overall and 6th for progression servers.
    1.) Original
    2.) Sleeper/Combine
    3.) Fippy/Vulak
    4.) Ragefire/Lockjaw
    5.) Phinny
    6.) Agnarr
    7.) Coirnav
  15. Nolrog Augur

It's not a lot of stuff, that's true. It was something, and lots of people came back for those quests and to do the raid zone access, and the tradeskill trophies if you like that), and it could certainly explain why Coirnav's population dipped. I would expect Coirnav to rebound in the next few days as people finish that up.
  16. Guzzle Augur

The exp difference isn't bad. You've still got the max exp per kill in effect, and the bonus being gone doesn't really make much of a difference. You're still getting 2/3 of the EXP you were before.
  17. Zoshiro New Member

Cornaiv had a chance to be bigger than both combined, but they totally messed it up with the slow xp. No one is going to wanna start on this. With a pally in full plate, with fbss, ghoulbane, and 50 druid/cleric to buff, it was still obscenely slow to level. DBG messed up again, the worst part is that they haven't had the sense to fix it yet. For an accounting company, they sure make a lot of mistakes. Phinny was full of literally game breaking bugs every few weeks...and all they had to say was "oh sorry, someone made a mistake" what kind of company lets these people mess up and screw the customers, yet doesn't seem to do anything to start making these problems right
  18. Gremin Augur

Because people feel like life did not begin until Phinny
  19. Crayon123 Augur

I love being able to say that "I told you so" - but I'll refrain from being overly obnoxious.

Glad I quit on Day 2 when I realized it was going to be a ghost town by Luclin. Massive waste of time leveling on that hot trash server. Even the PL market there is limited as its not worth their time.
  20. Mashef Augur

Correct, but Sleeper/Combine and Fippy/Vulak were so long ago there was actual interest when RF/LJ were spawned.

Phinny drew folks because of instancing. Agnarr had draw because of reasonable exp and the lock.

Coirnav is essentially the 4th in a short amount of time. That's why people say the 4th run in a 3 year window is ridiculous. Next month Ragefire turns 3. Before 2015 there was Fippy/Vulak in 2011. A four year wait. Before that Sleeper/Combine were 2006. A 5 year wait. It's exciting when something happens every 4 or 5 years. The point is Coirnav is over-saturation on content that is quite frankly, not exciting unless you do once every 5 to 10 years.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.