Mobs that cast FD on tank... tips?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daedly, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

Looking for some tips on tanking a mob that FD's the person it is attacking.

I am a little slow on the standing due to trying to box which doesn't help. I been tempted to create a macro of like "1:pause 3, /stand...2: taunt(once I figure out the typed command)." Haven't gotten back to mob yet though.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. moogs Augur

Are you boxing by alt-tabbing or are you using ISB? With key broadcasting on ISB, I use two keys (NumPad 1, NumPad 2) assigned to /stand and /sit socials, respectively. If you only use one social for /stand, it actually works as a toggle and you don't want that. Boxing with alt-tab wouldn't really let you do that as quickly, but you should assign a hotkey to /stand so you don't have to type it or type Ctrl+S or whatever that is, or hunt for the hotbutton.
  3. Skeetari Lorekeeper

Not sure on newer content as I play on TLP, but in Luclin we have some of these to deal with. Personally I would tie a /stand command to some socials with /doability ### with whatever abilities you are spamming. Will always try to stand when ya do em. Or if you are moving you can keybind WASD to a /stand hotkey. Unfortunately as far as I know, there is no in game mechanism to auto stand after a FD proc, which is intended.
  4. Daedly Augur

Yes, I am using ISB. Never considered about not using sit/stand as a toggle. Using the commands individually will definitely help me out if even just in normal game play. I will have to adjust some keymaps and get that all worked out.

Adding /stand to my commonly used keys will help.

Thanks for the advice.
  5. moogs Augur

I might actually be sending Ctrl+S to my toons via ISB. I will check this and let you know in about 1 hour.
  6. moogs Augur

So my keys are set to:

Num 1 (Sit): Ctrl+Shift+0 -> all (bound to /sit hotbutton)
    Num 2 (Stand): Ctrl+Shift+- -> all (bound to /stand hotbutton)
  7. Ghubuk Augur

When I fight mobs that I know can fd me or charm/mez me, I have all pet classes turn on taunt on their pets.
  8. DCPD158 Elder

I have a button labeled "FD"
    /stand
    /attack

I use this on my warrior
  9. Tucoh Augur

In the past I've just thrown /stand on my regular ability spam hotkeys.
  10. smash Augur

A thing that might help would be to make an AT for when mob fd. It would reduce your response time by a lot, compared to that you manually have to read that now you lying on ground doing nothing.

For me at least it reduced my response time by more than 50%.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I have a button for stand on some hotbar out of the way.
    I have all my arrow keys (I use the arrows not the asdf thing) -and attack and a few others mapped to both their normal key, and that stand key.

If I run into a mob that FD's lots and I want to hold aggro (plane of war, cotf I forget the name now) I can just repeatedly mash left/right which chain stands me (and moves me a little left/right ever and over)
  12. Gialana Augur

I remember having to do this with one of the named golems in Kor`Sha Labs. I don't know the exact command order or pauses I used, but I made a macro with:
    \stand
    \attack
    \taunt
    The tank was on a computer by itself, so it was always focused. If I was quick enough hitting the macro after the FD, my aggro wouldn't drop to 0. The taunt was a safeguard in case I wasn't fast enough. But it often failed since others had so much more hate generated.
  13. fransisco Augur

If you have a mash button (good idea as a tank) you can just put /stand as the top command
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

/stand in mash setup works wonders.
  15. Gio-Cefalu Augur

^^^^This is what I've done. I now group a mage with my SK and shaman. I use the mage and air pet mainly for DPS in most situations, but the air pet can tank in a pinch. Since pets do not get "FDed" by mobs, if you keep the pet taunt on, you end up ping-ponging aggro a little bit, but it's acceptable in this very situational case. I don't see another way around it. I tried hotkeys and macros and all that jazz, but having a mage pet tank for a few seconds is fine until my SK can get back up and start pulling aggro again. Even if the pet's taunt overrides you a few more times, it should be fine for the duration of that one fight.
  16. Eckish Lorekeeper

I also use a mashed stand hotkey

/stand
    /attack on

I also have an audio trigger for:

These FDs are usually on a set timer. So, I'll mash my hotkey until I hear the AT. Then I know I have some time to focus on other stuff before going into mash mode again. If you stand immediately after being FDed, you don't lose any of your aggro.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This. If you get up quick enough... the aggro seems to carry on.