Do not buy Daybreak Cash Sunday - April 1st BUG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tseuqreve, Apr 1, 2018.

1. tseuqreve New Member

I have tried to purchase daybreak cash on multiple accounts now, using two separate credit cards.....

The payments are going to daybreak, but daybreaks website is telling me there was an issue with payment and they are not giving me the daybreak cash.
  2. Heile Lorekeeper

so is this the april fool's joke this year?....

but really, thanx for the heads up and sucks if you got charged twice and dbg won't do anything about it.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's not really how credit card payments work. Just because you see the authorization on your credit card, doesn't mean the payment went to Daybreak. If the payment failed at the payment processor, you can still have the temp charge on your CC and it'll just fall off there in a few days. You don't actually get charged.
    moogs, Bigstomp and Quatr like this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That just happened to me the other week when I was ordering the new expansion on an alt account. I just moved recently and hadn't updated the address in the payment options. It ended up failing twice before I realized it, and the 3rd time went through. All 3 payments showed up in pending with my bank, but only 1 actual went through.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not just April fools - this happens frequently and people keep clicking clicking clicking instead of logging all the way out of everything and then logging back in to see if it actually went thru. I get it almost every transaction - EQ says it didn't go thru but when I check it later after logging in/out or eve later that day everything is fine - but I am patient and know that some things on the internet are not instant.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've never had it show not going through, then going through later on by doing nothing. If it fails it never fully posts for me. Usually it is something wrong entered with your payment type. Wrong address or CVV code or something like that.
  7. moogs Augur

A lot of banks have issues with gaming-related charges. You would know this if you ever participated in a Steam sale. Call your card issuer's fraud detection hotline, explain that this is your hobby, and ask to whitelist future transactions with Daybreak on your account.
  8. Fian Augur

My bank never contacted me on the charge, and I never got the DBC. I don't think I was charged either. I just took it as Daybreak doesn't want my money.
  9. Claudi Elder

that always happens to us when we use the creditcard 3 to 4 times in a row to either buy subs or DB Cash for our 4 accounts. Maybe it is some kind of protection for abuse of creditcards?
  10. Critts Augur

Yea I was going to buy $500 worth of SC to celebrate my new Account, but the urge has pasted now. DB sure missed out on that one.
  11. moogs Augur

Yes. Making a series of transactions with the same merchant (and especially with anything related to video games) in a short period of time will trigger anti-fraud procedures by your bank.