New player starting on Coirnav

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by sabrewlf, Apr 1, 2018.

1. sabrewlf New Member

any advice, guides anything at all to help me starting out
  2. moogs Augur

At the risk of being taken as an April fool, I'm going to take this post seriously. Welcome to EQ. You have come to the right place.

The first thing that you should do is get some proper maps installed.

After that, assuming you have created a character already, type the following commands. You only need to do this once per character:

/tgb on
    /assist off

The first one ensures that your group buff spells will land on players outside of your group. The second one ensures that you will not auto attack a target immediately after assisting another player. This lets you pick up a target but not accidentally wake it if it is mesmerized.

What is your race and class?
  3. moogs Augur

4. sabrewlf New Member

No serious post thank you for helping im not sure what race and clasdms to go with i played a little bit with a troll shaman
  5. sabrewlf New Member

whats an easy class to level
  6. jiri_ Augur

Troll shaman is a fine combo.

Basically, the things that will always be in demand are healers (Sham, Dru, Cler), tanks (SK, Pal, War) and crowd control (Bard, Ench). Casters are more gear-independent than melee classes, which is nice when you're starting, but some classes can have difficulty finding spells (dark elf magicians can run into trouble in the mid-teens, for example).
  7. jiri_ Augur

Everyone's fine, basically; you're going to want to be in a group basically all the time.
  8. sabrewlf New Member

Thank you for the reply i will probably stick to the troll and grouping is fine hopefully i can find some groups with my ugly troll lol
  9. moogs Augur

When you happen upon a fine lookin' dark elf, don't try to cyber with her. They are all the same. S(he) will take you for everything you've got and leave you with nothing but your soiled loincloth.
    Quatr likes this.
  10. sabrewlf New Member

Haha alright ill keep that un mind how long should i level in the swamp
  11. moogs Augur

I guess you could move to the Southern Desert of Ro after level 7 or 8. I just zoned in to verify what's up.

There are some tarantulas, darkweed snakes, and scarab beetles at around level 8-10. Watch out for the terrorantuling; that thing is level 25.