Done with the TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Dawdle Augur

Every where I have been turns into a chain dispelling, training, xp death fest. All the exp I gain is only lost by people getting me killed in one dirty way or another and if this is what's ok then not interested in playing.
    What's the point of having any rules if you don't police them?
    Really have better things to do with my time or better servers to play on. Thanks for the trip down memory lane but I fail to find players using the environment against other players trying to PvE and lvl any fun, happy hunting.

Whats cool is when these guys kill you they talk about how big of a noob you are and how they fornicated all over your mother lol/not.
    Make's such a good story for PC Gamer on the current state of EQ. What happens when community's go unchecked? "Lord of the Flies". Must big a big pile.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

3. Fepyy Lorekeeper

4. Dawdle Augur

Nice alt account. Guess nobody likes your own jokes better then you.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Certain areas are definitely toxic. You've just got to avoid them in classic. Wholeheartedly agree it was super unfortunate to learn that you basically can't camp efreeti... or at least you have to expect to be trained and griefed if you target some mobs.
  6. Green_Mage Augur

It would be fine if all these boxers weren't artificially jacking up the price on the camped items...and they are....and they are cheating to do it...

so people are quitting over that and its pretty non-savy to think otherwise.
  7. Wrexsoul New Member

Is this a joke? Item prices are coming down every day. You can gear up for so cheap. FBSS in classic during this era was 10k+. You can get one for like 2k-3k. Yaks are below 1k now from what I've seen.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many people are afk farming hill giants and ice giants on coirnav? Those guys buy a lot of krono too.
  9. FluttyMan Elder

No one is selling krono anymore, if you want Krono now you gotta sell loot rights or rare drops, and do it quickly before people with kronos are geared up already.
  10. jiri_ Augur

Counterpoint: that's not true at all, and if you sit in either EC or the auction channel for five minutes you'll see that.
  11. jiri_ Augur

The OP has been a member of the forum since March 1. In that time, the only post he's made that wasn't about a TLP server was about how he's trying to fill every plot in his guild's housing area. Originally, he posted a lot about the FV trading rules, and how cool they were and how great it would be if Coirnav had FV's trading rules.

Two days after Coirnav opened, he posted that experience rates were too slow, there weren't enough players to find groups with but there were too many players and everything was camped, and he was quitting to start a new box army on FV. And it's been all downhill since then.
  12. snailish Augur

If people really wanted certain things to change we'd have a very large thread supporting reducing the coin drop on giants. Poof... only reason to kill in Rathe is XP (or quests).

We'd have a second thread asking for at least the most desirable droppable loot original-PoP (if not all the loot) to be made no drop. Yes, certain camps would become a perma-farmers loot-right selling station, but that does require sitting on it, and does put the DPS wild west "rules" as a riskier part of being said seller.

If we were being really progressive, we'd be asking for the even less likely creation of parallel loots in some different zones. For example there are at least 3 zones in original that are supposed to be harder/more desirable than Lower Guk. FBSS alone should have a version in Permafrost with a slight + stat, and so on for Kedge and Nagafen's lair.

They could even leave FBSS tradable as-is, but restrict the timeframe it drops (like they have done with other drops like Circlet of Shadow). Then live servers are not impacted. Next, Black Flowing Silk Sash is put in the game and is nodrop (aka nerf version since that is what it will get called).

As an aside, many items are actually much cheaper on progression than they were back in the day. If one wants to read through old posts on Allakhazam. With picks and the proliferation of certain loot from certain zones, much of the tradable gear economy is actually way worse than historically as people aren't having to trade up to best in slot via multiple pieces of slight upgrade gear.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

What's your recommendation, doctor?
  14. Febb Augur

I'm guessing you are a enchanter. Your pet is a NPC which is free game to anyone. You are not entitled to keep that pet.
  15. Silvara Elder

lol you're so full of it. This is the type of behavior which is driving people away from playing this game which in turn means less revenue for DBG, less chance this game will stay open a few more years, etc etc. The vast majority of people will get trained a few times, harassed with charm pet dispelling then go find another game with some actual rules and never touch EQ again.

Remember; just because DBG doesn't have the resources to police this game doesn't mean it should go all lord of the flies. Eventually nobody will be around to buy those kroner and backpacks needed for EQ to stay afloat and Columbus Nova will shut 'er down. If that's your end goal, cool. But just realize you're contributing to the downfall of a franchise with your toxicity.
    andross77 and HoodenShuklak like this.
  16. Kibanu Augur

I've had enchanters try to take my "camp" by charming nearby NPCs and trying to out-DPS me. Are you saying it's not in my rights to be able to dispel their pet in order to combat their attempt to take my mob? So, the rule is there is no "camp" and no one owns rights to any NPC. That being said, I do respect others' camps but I won't let somebody trample on me either. I've also had enchanters try to charm / gate named NPCs away. That's why I always carry dispel magic items on my non-caster classes.

Funny story about the last time that happened... AJ in Kunark - chanter did that trick once. Was able to finally see where he gated to. Later that day the AJ spawned again and he tried the same trick. Unbeknownst to him, I had my box wizard logged out at the same spot. When I saw AJ on track, I logged him in and was ready. Sure enough, charm/gate. He was so sad when I was able to nuke it down before he could do much. It was pretty glorious.
  17. Poledo_EQ Elder

I see responses like this all the time. Are you right? Yes. Does that make it right? No.

You can be right, but still be an . You can play the game in a way that let's you enjoy it and not negatively impact others, or you can choose to play like you are the only that matters, and cause others grief.

If people want to do the latter, then fine, accept that they're . They can be right all they want, but that won't change. This moment will pass and everyone will forget about it, but those people will always be selfish pricks.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. jiri_ Augur

He doesn't need a doctor; he needs a priest.
  19. jiri_ Augur

The common thread is that it would help if people spent less time being dicks to each other, and if people who were habitually dicks faced retribution for that.

It's a damn shame that it's against the TOS for these forums to name and shame, because that's an essential part of a community policing its own. It happens in the in-game chat occasionally, but not often enough, and in-game chat isn't permanent.
  20. Febb Augur

What are they going to police? It's not against the rules to dispell a charmed pet. This is the risk to having a charmed pet. It has literally been this way since launch of the game. Daybreak won't step in because of this and they wouldn't have stepped in a long time ago when they had GM's all over the place.