Changing font type

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cstoner187, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Joke's on you, I already play using Satan's Font.
    Zaviere likes this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

All the people on here B*tching about a small joke in a game on April Fools day from a developer just go to your UI file and change it.

File UI_Yourname_yourserver.ini

Change iHateFun=0
    to iHateFun=1

At least the developers named that one right.

Then next year you can B*tch that DBG didn't do anything for April Fools cause you will have forgotten you turned off the fun
    Nolrog and moogs like this.
  3. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Changing all music in game to the Rivervale music would have been a good joke.

Silly patch notes were always a good read.

This loses the haha factor after about 3 zones. The reward is sized giant and does not fit in regular backpacks. Had to make a trip back to the bank just to drop it off because I'm not commuted to buying giant 40 slot bag yet.

It's not game breaking, just meh. Ah well.
  4. Lorilei Journeyman

Or, this could be a real thing, where the font is too small.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Found an easier workaround, just hit F10.
    Genoane likes this.
  6. Lorilei Journeyman

Things I know about EQ:
    1) Changes will be made.
    2) Justified or not, people will complain about the changes.
    3) Justified or not, people will complain about the people from 2) and their complaints.
    4) Someone will threaten to quit the game over the changes.
    5) People from 3) will say that the people from 4) should go ahead and quit.
    6) Some helpful people will offer suggestions for overcoming the changes.
    Hopefully someone at DB will be able to filter through all the noise and find actual, useful feedback.
    Don't be the noise.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Least it eassnt wingdings for font! That would be comical! Or perma drunk in pok/lobby ( non combat zones)
  8. Diptera Augur

As mentioned in another thread, if you edit your UI file ( UI_<charname>_<server>.ini ), there is a stanza in there called "[BristlebaneWasHere]" - under this is a setting "iHateFun=0". Changing this setting to 1 stops the font nonsense.
    Maedhros likes this.
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Oh noooooo................the font nonsense is spreading....!!

Now it's made its way to the forums. Get out before it's too late!

#UnsubbingAllMyAccounts
  10. McDougal Augur

Best April fools joke ever ! :)
  11. Maedhros High King

I think it's hilarious.
    Apparently when your eyesight is bad, you also lose your sense of humor?
    Maybe you people should just stay in bed on April Fools day, its very serious out there.
  12. Shamra New Member

I did cancel my accounts!
  13. Shamra New Member

No you don't lose your sense of humor you do feel more agitation at the inconsideration and lack of customer appreciation from these companies. I do pay to play not pay to be unable to play!
  14. Maedhros High King

You are unable to play because the font changed and cannot take 3 seconds to change it back when you zone? Sorry about your troubles.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Fixing the font is easy. /font arial
    Yes, it does get a little bit old after a while (I've had a death heavy day so I'm zoning alot) but it's really not a big deal.
  16. Iksarbane New Member

Personally, I find this joke very amusing, considering the very recent ban of one of my accounts (since unbanned), due to a mixup of names caused by the ingame font.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Up vote to take away font changes and font size’s. Actually I was thinking gothic sans would be nice.
  18. Fian Augur

I really wish they had done nothing. Frankly I am not amused. Also, since when is it funny to repeat the same April Fool's joke all day? Make it set it once if you must, but don't keep repeating each time you log on a char or zone.
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
  20. Fian Augur

I just want to point out that this does not prevent future April Fool's, just this one. You will have to manually edit for any character that you use on April Fool's. I checked the UI of a character that I hadn't used today, and it did not have the IHATEFUN entry.