Rogue burn/set up

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Rimelure, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Rimelure Journeyman

Hi,

I havent played a rogue in a million years anyone have a good link of current up to date rogue burn set ups and abilities i should be using? Im sure some of the stuff is probably here but not much luck on current disc etc I should obtain.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

Don't know your level or AAs or gear, they do determine what you are going to add to your basic burn set.

You can google "rogue burn everquest" and find some stuff.
  3. Rimelure Journeyman

level gear aa all crap. Just want to be ready for 110 basically with what I would use lol. I still have VOA gear so its been awhile.
  4. Stabu New Member

I have been wondering he same thing. I want more out of my rogue, but it doesn’t seem the discs work the same as a monk or I just don’t understand it correctly. I’m on a TLP (ragefire) level 65 with max AA.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

My Rogue just hit 85 and I've been meaning to go through the discs and AA's to figure this out. Going to have a look at it now, but no promises that it will be more than average if I get anything posted.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

First make sure to: /autoskill backstab

Mash Key (in this order): Pinpoint Vitals, Banestrike, Bleed, Assault, Twisted Shank

They won't all fire unless they are in that order. This was the first combo I found to make them all work. There may be other orders that can work. All of those are discs except the last one which is an AA.

For disc and AA synergies things are pretty limited. You have Rogue's Fury, 2nd Spire, and 3rd Spire on the AA side. And then choices between these discs:

Assassin or Kinesthetics,
    Twisted Chance or Blinding Speed
    Frenzied Stabbing

I'm not sure if Kinesthetics does much at this level, but if it does then it pairs well with Rogue's Fury, 2nd Spire, or 3rd Spire. Assassin doesn't get much in the way of synergy with 2nd or 3rd Spire, but does with Rogue's Fury. Kinesthetics has a 5 minute reuse where as Assassin is 22 minutes.

Twisted Chance has synergy with Rogue's Fury and 3rd Spire, but not much with 2nd. Blinding Speed has synergy with all of them. To be fair, Rogue's Fury has so many components that some part of it provides synergy with any disc. Frenzied Stabbing is all alone by itself, not sure what to use that with.

So you could do one strong burn and then just use the other two discs, or setup two stronger burns.

Two Stronger: Assassin + Rogue's Fury would be pretty good, leaving Twisted Chance and 3rd Spire as the second burn.

Single Strong: Kinesthetics or Blinding Speed with Rogue's Fury and 2nd or 3rd Spire.

Somebody who has been playing a Rogue for a long time could probably give you much better advice. Mine has been level 83 for years and I just started leveling him again. But at least this is something to work with.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I forgot about Envenomed Blade and Dirty Fighting, which don't really pair with anything but you will have them with auto-grant by 85. I didn't put them on the mash key because of the 10 minute re-use times. But I do use them, although only EB adds any damage.

EDIT: And also Banestrike is an AA, but it's too late to edit that last post.
  8. Brohg Augur

the disc line that combos with Envenomed Blade comes in at lv99 :)
    Niskin likes this.
  9. Beergoggles Elder

This is the setup I use on 110 rogue. The first two are just spam buttons for the different dps abilities.
    button 1
    /disc fellstrike rk. ii
    /disc secret blade rk. ii
    /disc slice rk. ii
    /disc jugular strike rk. ii
    /alt activate 670 (twisted shank)

button 2
    /disc 50211 (this is shadow hunter's dagger rank ii. I couldn't get the disc to fire with text so had to find the correct ID numbers to make it work. If you have rk 1 use 50210 and if you have rk 3 use 50212)
    /disc disassociative puncture rk. ii
    /alt activate 672 (ligament slice)
    /alt activate 15073 (banestrike)

The next two buttons are based on 5 minute reuse timers and 10 minute reuse timers for burning purposes.
    button 1 (5 minute reuse abilities, although a couple have shorter refresh. Epic click is on a 6 minute refresh but syncs up descent with these.)
    /alt activate 1175 (absorbing agent 1 min 30 sec reuse)
    /disc dichotomic weapons
    /disc dim-witted mark rk. ii
    /disc pinpoint shortcomings rk. ii (with aa's reuse is below 5 minutes but can't remember how much offhand)
    /alt activate 1506 (shadow's flanking)

button 2 (10 minute timers. RoS bp clicks also on 10 min timer)
    /alt activate 3515 (envenomed blades)
    /alt activate 1412 (third spire)
    /alt activate 3514 (rogue's fury)
    /disc skorpikis blade rk. ii
    /disc frenzied stabbing (alternatively can use twisted chance discipline here, but I prefer to start with frenzied then roll into twisted chance afterwards. These discs are pretty close on the majority of content but if mobs can be assassinated frenzied wins hands down so I tend to keep that one in the macro and use it first. Most of your burns are up long enough for twisted chance to run most of its duration after frenzied so I consider it part of the burn phase as well it just isn't in the macro)

I have seen several people put thief's vision in a macro but once you have focus aa's into it and it has a 10 minute duration you just waste a lot of endurance if you put it in a spam macro and keep refreshing before the duration has run out.

In groups run knife play every time it pops it is your bread and butter for sustained dps. Don't save discs for named as you lose a lot of sustained dps if you do so. When the above burns are down and knifeplay is down I cycle through aculeus discipline, ragged edge discipline, and executioners discipline. Knifeplay will refresh between the use of some of these so pop it when it is up.

In groups where named die quickly enough you shouldn't need to use more than frenzied stabbing and twisted chance in your burn phase, but if for any chance you do need more I would go with executioners disc. If mob is still up after those 3 leave group as nothing in group content should live that long unless it's a terrible group. However if you plan to stay I would go with ragged edge, knifeplay, then aculeus after that.

In raids following burn phase discs I use knifeplay, executioners, aculeus, knifeplay (should be refreshed by this point), then ragged edge.
  10. Brohg Augur

I definitely separate dots from hits on buttons; I don't mix them like you've listed.
    Fellstrike
    Secret Blade
    Disassociative Puncture
    Shadow-Hunter's Dagger
    (Diversion you didn't list)

then
    Slice
    Jug
    Shank
    Lig

There are events in RoS where snaring mobs is detrimental, I hope you keep aware of that re:Ligament Slice

Absorbing Agent 1.5mins, Pinpoint 3minutes should each be coordinated with another rogue to keep them on the boss full time

epic 3minutes cooldown can have much higher uptime than you're using

Lining up Dim-Wit with FStab, and coordinating Dim-Wit with other rogues to cover the duration of FStabs, is pretty big game.

Lining up Skorpikis & Envenomed Blades with Aculeus is also substantial synergy

Dicho has highest performance with the no-miss discs TwistedChance & RaggedEdge

There should be nearly no call for Exe since duration extensions were fixed for RoS:
    Rogue's+FStab, Dicho+TC into Knifeplay is 5 minutes.
    Aculeus+Skorpikis+Envenomed, Dicho+Edge into Knifeplay is another 5 minutes. Full cycle achieved.
  11. Beergoggles Elder

Thanks for touching on that stuff. I didn't get to finish the post as I had some stuff to take care of. Was going to go more in depth on other buttons i use like you have stated and what discs to match up when not going full bore on a group mob and such. Only thing I disagree with is putting diversion on a spam key. I like to make sure the person/pet tanking is ToT before I click it and if it's on a spam key that isn't always the case. As far as other stuff on spam keys doesn't really matter if hits and dots are mixed just personal preference. There was a reason I had them lined up the way I did but I forget what it was exactly, seems like it was more to do with timers being more similar, but not in game to be able to check on that right now.
  12. Brohg Augur

The biggie neither of us remembered to write down is Rake's Rampage. Focused goes with TwistedChance+Dicho, unless you can abuse the AE version at some particular time in an event
  13. Skecpa Journeyman

So with them fixing the new ranks of Rogue's Fury and having the duration go longer you can't KP after FS/TC combo as KP will not activate with RF up. I've been popping Exe to fill that gap. Are you clicking off RF or just not discing for the time it has left?
  14. Brohg Augur

Fury is
    2: Increase Hit Damage by 290%
    3: Decrease Weapon Delay by 12%
    4: Increase Min Hit Damage by 280%
    8: Increase Chance to Hit by 18%

while Exe technically stacks, all it does is raise the min.hit a bit, which feels like a substantial waste
    1: Increase Hit Damage by 138%
    2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 696%

you could stack half of Edge then, but that leaves you running something else shadier like Exe+WeaponAffinity during the gap between Knifeplays, which aren't back up for a potential 2nd full cycle, and has you running out Dicho during random discs instead of a no-miss disc - little loss of efficiency there.

My preference is just to leave Exe in my pocket to run if I get killed to fill in until the main rotation takes back hold.
  15. segap Augur

Ragged Edge is the best choice stacking wise to go with after TC/FS are down and RF is still up. Unfortunately, there's a bug. If you start Ragged Edge before RF fades, Ragged Edge almost always ends when RF does (I have only confirmed with two other rogues they've had this issue as well as me), thus losing a large chunk of its expected duration.
  16. Skecpa Journeyman

Maybe that's what's been happening to me on Cactus raid. I've used Ragged Edge and had it go on CD at least twice on that raid without it actually going up for more than a second or two... either that or one of the debuffs overwrites it.
  17. Azlynx Elder

Thanks for the input. Ill hopefully have a chance to set these up and try them. Been busy at work but I appreciate the info.
  18. Whipah New Member

Rogue DPS Guide - The Broken Mirror Edition

That guide is only a few years old but does a great job of laying out ways to maximize DPS on a Rogue, as well as a burn guide that is also pretty up to date. Helped me out tons as a Rogue coming back after a 5 year break. Hope this helps Rogues with similar questions on this topic!