Di'zok Hero's Forge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Two questions to the Devs: Why is this so rare compared to past expansions? Why can't you just put this stuff in the raid chest? It's really annoying when /advl gets all finicky that the raid mob on the other side of OT has the augmentation and the raid is standing at the raid chest can't roll. Please consider placing the augmentations in the raid chest, thanks.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

At the very least, if the drop rates are going to remain what they are (ie, noticeably lower than past expansions), it’d be nice to have them on a vendor too, for when the RNG is cruel, or as a use for excess raid currency.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'd rather a piece be in the chest then on the corpse myself, but, either way it works out. I do feel like more events shoudl be dropping it though, as most don't seem to this time around, at all.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Di'zok/Arcron Hero's Forge Achievement WRU!
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would like to see them moved to chests. We've had them disappear off corpses, and only a couple events even drop them. At least with chests we would be able to get 1 per event.
  6. Jaylin Augur

Its pretty bad. We have gotten 700ish coins atm. so 70 events, but have only seen 12 ornaments. Since like others have mentioned, many events leave no corpse and others the corpses disappear quickly. Atleast EoK had 2 drops per npc, if they left a corpse. A good chunk of our guild doesnt care about them, but others may never get a set complete without having to use the consolidator and trading them around.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

As always, it would be nice for a developer to jump in and give an explanation or reasoning behind why, after multiple expansions across multiple years, are raid ornamentations as rare as winning lottery tickets. Does having a full set of Dizok raid ornamentations give you 100k h/m/e with proc effect 50k heal to you and 500k damage to a mob every time you melee or cast a spell?
    EnchFWO likes this.
  8. Maedhros High King

Legs and boot ornaments are incredibly under-represented in the drops. I have 2 or 3 of each chest item and 1 or 2 of the rest of the pieces for each set but I think we have 1 total legs and 1 foot. I have been holding on to all the ornaments each expansion since TDS and then awarding the full suits, when we get them, to members. So far in ROS I have given out zero suits and just 1 robe.
    We had Talendor poof immediately upon kill tonite.
    I use enable free grab for End of Empire with the shields, and it was still on when we beat the event. A chest ornament briefly was in ADVLOOT but then disappeared.
    Out of 9 events this weekend we only got 4 ornaments.

This has got to change asap. I am glad Jhenna started this thread.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

We had the same thing happen with the ornaments being unable to be looted then proofing on sky fire. Please just move the drops to the chests and make all events drop one.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Actually thinking about this further, please move the drops to the chests for each event and make them drop two a piece. There is certainly precedent based on previous expansions drops for hero's forge ornaments.
    Jhenna_BB and Nniki like this.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I just went back through my current set of logs, which start Feb 18th. In over a month, at 9 events a week, I have only seen 20 ornaments looted.
    We do get ornaments from Fell Foliage, End of Empire, Drusella's Vault, Sathir Line, Hoshkar, Silverwing & Xygoz, and Talendor. You can get lucky and possibly loot 2 ornaments from Vault (named sarnaks) or SW&X (dragons or guardians).
    We never get ornaments from Balance of Power (too many bosses?) or Crypt Robbers (because you don't kill Drusella or the thief, so there's no boss corpse to loot).
    For the events that do drop ornaments, sometimes the boss' corpse disappears during the Event Win Cleanup Script, denying rightfully earned loot.
    So, some events never drop an ornament, sometimes events that should drop an ornament do not, and when you can get an event to drop ornamentation like it should, the drop rate has been halved when compared to previous drop rates.
    At this rate, I might have to play alts in other raiding guilds to try to compile enough pieces for complete suits.
  12. Prathun Developer

We'll take a look at the drops and the achievements. Thanks for letting us know.
    roguerunner, Ssdar, adetia and 8 others like this.
  13. Prathun Developer

I've implemented achievements for the Hero's Forge armor sets in Ring of Scale.
    An update is required for this to go Live.
    Nniki, Moldar, roguerunner and 3 others like this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Thank you for adding the achievements into the game.

However while that was a minor concern, it does not address the major concerns of obtaining the raid ornaments. Kind of puzzling that the first order of the to do list was to add achievements instead of ornaments...
  15. Slippry Augur

But will the armor be attainable?
  16. Prathun Developer

You're welcome.

A different designer on the team was tasked with looking into making sure the ornaments can reasonably be obtained from each RoS raid. It made sense for the designer with the most recent experience with Hero's Forge achievements to tackle making the achievements and it made sense for the designer who implemented the generic success script as well as the majority of the RoS raids to look into the drops. This minimizes the time spent researching and maximizes the amount of work we can get done with the time we have. In addition, it doesn't matter which task is completed first because neither is contingent on the other and both will be done well before the April update.
    Nniki, Sokki, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  17. Maedhros High King

I think the only strange thing that remains that may need looking at is the drop rate for the different item slots.
    Out of 36 total drops for us since Dec 12th:
    1 Robe
    9 Chest
    5 Helm
    6 Arms
    8 Wrist
    3 Gloves
    3 Legs
    1 Boots

The assortment of various plate/chain/cloth/leather seems pretty good, but the item slots themselves are way off.
    All those chests aren't worth much without boots to go along with them.

And no, despite the many offers, I can not award a half suit and just give Bloodforge armor ornaments in the slots that are missing! :p
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

it is not "rarer" it was 100% last expansion it is 100% this expansion (except for raid 2 where there is a 34% chance on 4 different mobs)
    As for why on the NPC "Tradition" Why not on the chest... because chests can become full. There is a limit to how many items can be in a chest, and therefore it becomes less than 100%. (Ornaments would be rolled at the end, unless there is no space)
    Absor is looking into another solution for getting them there all the time. (I.E. we are working on it)
    Jhenna_BB and Sokki like this.
  19. Brohg Augur

That is a remarkable assertion in the face of multitudinous reports of 0 ornaments from most events
    Slippry likes this.
  20. smash Augur

Simple solution, make a secondary chest, which contains backflags, spells, ornaments.
    Yinla likes this.