2-Boxing on Coirnav Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Poledo_EQ Elder

Mage will do it better.
  2. Kahna Augur

Huh? They are really about the same level of difficulty, only gear is going to cost you more than spells will. There are half a dozen people selling spells in the CL tunnel at any given time. None of the spells for a mage are dropped yet, all are researched, and when they are dropped they will also be readily available. And any guild worth it's salt will have a researcher you can get spells from at cost.
  3. James Augur

Chill dude, I am sure you can find other posts to act the fool in other than this one. I want opinions which means I want to hear what everyone has to say (right or wrong) if you cannot contribute to this just move along guy, go farm some silver or something k.

Seriously, please keep things civil here, I honestly need input.

Also, still looking for thoughts on the last question I asked ..............

4. Nickatropolis Augur

In theory it could work and there would certainly be upside to it, (mana/regen song will keep a shaman rolling) but in terms of tanking, despite being a plate class; bards are not tanks, and no shaman buff in the world will change that...
  5. jiri_ Augur

I think a Bard is a solid candidate for the third character in a box setup, but probably isn't that good in a 2-box.
    Niskin likes this.
  6. James Augur

Well, in the plate wearing melee class rankings they have Bards ranked higher than a Paladin ;) but of course I don't think they will make great tanks, but could they actually melee down higher levels stuff with Shaman backing it up and not die constantly. I just heard to much negative stuff on Paladins to take a chance on Pal/Sham combo o_O I mean has anyone in this thread actually did a Pala/Shamam 2box and if so what was it like?
  7. jiri_ Augur

For what? DPS? Maybe, probably. Tanking? Nooooooo

The Casual Dreams list, I'm afraid, is useless. It's a custom server with custom rules, and it's not at all relevant to TLP or Live servers.
  8. Nickatropolis Augur

I had a paladin/shaman/enchanter 3 box combo on ragefire, and it was obviously awesome.
  9. James Augur

/sigh well then ............ Not really interested in Shaman/Caster 2box and I am not a Monk fan tbh. The choices aren't appealing, Paladins are low DPS, Bards can't tank, Warriors cannot break camps, I don't wanna roll a Monk tbh, SK's are not great DPS either .... ugh I'm gonna end up having to go some sort of caster :(

Yea but I am only going to 2box
  10. jiri_ Augur

I'm not actually sure they could. You'd be better with a monk or ranger tanking than the bard, I think.
  11. jiri_ Augur

I really don't think the DPS issue is as bad as you're thinking it will be. Shaman dps is pretty ok, and there are always monks or mages LFG.
  12. Nickatropolis Augur

bards don't get double attack until later expansions, so in classic they aren't exactly an efficient melee class, however with worn haste, bard haste, and shaman haste all stacking, it can work.
  13. jiri_ Augur

Would bard haste outdamage double attack + special abilities from monk, or double attack + spells from ranger? I doubt it. Still, you're right; it can work. Just not well, IMO.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

As a pal/shm combo I run myself, it's pretty solid. You kill a bit slower than with a Shm/SK combo, but the durability of the paladin with self heals/LoH/defense buffs and shaman buffs make them damn near unstoppable. Combine that with undead killing/slows/dots/splitting camps with calm, and you pretty much have a winning combo.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Don't let it all overwhelm you. Plus you got some bad info along the way, so that is complicating things. SK's are good DPS for a tank, Paladin DPS is lower but not terrible. DPS issues can be made up for by the second character.

I'd say any of these combos would be fine and fun to play:

SK + Shaman (probably the most effective duo in the game for melee) or Cleric
    Pal + Shaman or Enchanter or Druid or Bard
    Ranger + Cleric

I've got a Paladin + Bard combo going on Agnarr and it's fun. A Shaman might have been more effective but I wanted to play both a Paladin and a Bard on this server, so why not together? Just look for two classes that don't overlap too much and compliment each other at least a little bit, and you will be fine.
  16. James Augur

Wel, hmmm ... aight then, lemme give the Paladin/Shaman box a try and see how it works. Maybe it won't be too horrible.
  17. Dahaman Augur

Try SK/Shaman first. The snare potential is just worth it.
  18. jiri_ Augur

Good luck, my dude!
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

Make a troll shaman and you can get the snare clicky if your god is innoruuk.

No need for an SK, and Pallies can rez if you wipe.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  20. James Augur

Well Snare is nice, but Root works just as well to keep stuff from running.