Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

How is it confusing? Log in, open inventory, click on water till you cant consume anymore, click on iron rations (orwhatever junk food/drink ya use) till you can consume anymore. Mive the stat food/drink to top spot in frist bag. Play EQ... when ya open your inventory again, click the crap food/drink again... rinse repeat play the game
  2. moogs Augur

Can you see how that's not exactly intuitive?
  3. Gialana Augur

Definitely not intuitive. It's easy in practice, but it's not something I've ever done because I've never gotten into the habit of force feeding.

I was naive about stat food and thought that I wouldn't gain stats on food until I consumed it. Then I came across a post on these forums about the stat food only needing to be the first food encountered in the inventory in order to gain the stats. I tried it out and found that when I switched which food was top most in my inventory, my stats changed without having to consume the food.

I think this is something Ngreth has said he wants to change so people can't bypass eating stat food while gaining the stats, but it's low in his priorities, or at least it was at the time.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

T2 armor to drop regularly in RoS.
    I've basically given up on it. Killed 15 named in a row without 1 armor drop.
    Supposedly its a 20% chance for any 1 piece when everyone needs 8 pieces... Dumb!
    That means you would average 5 named per 1 drop (which will take multiple sessions if you only have a couple hours per evening). So if you play 5-10 hours a week, you'll on average see 1 piece drop. Then you gotta win the roll.....
  5. Geroblue Augur

I've been right clicking automatiicaly the no stat food and drink for years. I too made some of those mistakes, but once I learned the correct way, I just keep doing it.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Unless someone does not have the crafting ability to make their own stat foods I don't know why people are so cheap to try and bypass food consumption clicking non stat foods/drinks. Just through normal game play I get enough fresh meats and natural spices to make more than enough merchants feast/brew for my sk and have leftovers. I don't see a huge benefit from stat foods for non tanks unless you really want that extra AC. The other stats are not exactly game changing imo but to each their own as all small gains add up to big gains over time.

When I don't want to consume those foods while I am in old zones or crafting for example I just move my non stat foods in front of my stat foods so those get consumed instead (bread and water stack to 1k now so you wont have to replace your stack for a very long time). I keep all foods/drinks in bag one and slots 1-4 to prevent trade skill consumable mats from being consumed.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Intuitive implies it's easy to figure out. So if it's not intuitive, it's hard to figure out.

But, you only have to figure it out once. After that, intuitive or not doesn't matter, you now know how to do it.

And there are other, even easier ways to do it than described.
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Lckylad New Member

QOL.. Give more rewards to paying peeps over Krono shoppers. New server opens up and Krono users get a special Fam.. come on most of them have a work around and just exploiting the game.
  9. Mortium Elder

Higher cap for Tribute. I'm running out of bag space for all the crap I'm keeping for tribute :)
    Dsuna and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

there is a cap for tribute ? hmm must not reached mine yet I usually keep 500k in my tribute
  11. Brohg Augur

800k personal
    2M guild

costs are in-scale these days, gotta refill weekly if you're making use of them
  12. Zamiam Augur

well I only play 12 maybe 20 hours a week so a few hundred k tribute lasts me a month or so .. :p
    and sense I'm my own group most the time anything I loot that i dont need is tribute (no-drop items) mainly..
  13. moogs Augur

Expand the NPC "Give" window from 4 to 12 slots.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'd like them to add a way to regain the 15th and 16th character slots (possibly more, but at least what we used to have).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

'Force feeding' should be fixed.
    It should not be possible to buy 1 stat food and 1 stat drink and use it forever (unless they implement an AA for food/drink like the Endless Quiver).
    If you want the stats from a consumable item you should have to actually consume it.
    If there was a way to keep reusing a 1 shot potion that would get fixed pretty fast!
    Lestazia, Jumbur and moogs like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's fine, assuming two things:

- Foods last a LOT longer
    - The mats can be gathered/farmed a lot more quickly

Barring that, leave it alone, it ain't broke.
  17. segap Augur

If they fix it, then that would open it up to food with stats that actually make a difference. Then we'd all be stuck with an annoying consumable that we all need to keep replacing. I prefer the way it is now where people that are obsessed with a few minor stats can do their ritual and the rest of us can ignore the process that gives no meaningful advantage.
    Lestazia, Zamiam and Tatanka like this.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

I would like the /barter to be searchable like the /bazaar function. At least on my server, you either have to search a word or search each person individually - there are too many results (over 200) to display all.
  19. Angahran Augur

A 'consumable' item that never gets consumed and lasts forever and "it ain't broke" ??
  20. svann Augur

Drop rate is way too rare for it to be a consumable buff like potions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.