Exp in instances nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Rhodz Augur

If it was fun it got nerfed, always does, hate they did it to you
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

seems fine to me
  3. Laronk Augur

Likely all they had to do was apply a negative ZEM to it. While many things in "eq code" take lots of time this was probably just a line item on a list for one of the newer programmers to do and for sure was a <10 min change.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is really unfortunate if true. I found it fun to explore instance zones on occasion just duo'ing or something casual. To nerf the exp... just wtf... it was never a grind with no repops, but there's no reason to remove it...
    Shui likes this.
  5. TimV New Member

I came back knowing that I'd get entire instances to myself to exp in. Wasn't any thinking that I would. Had that for all of Agnarr. I enjoy a dungeon crawl and a 6 hour session is more than enough play time for a weekend day. Was win win.
  6. Chatoyan Elder

Better to spend time crawling an instance with no repops for exp than waste hours lfg (or trying to find an open camp) and get no exp at all.
    Shui likes this.
  7. Krezzy Augur

Up until very recently, mounts didn't work in a dz. If XP rates differ from live zones, it may well be an accident, not by design.
    Shui likes this.
  8. The Hated One Augur

Im not sure if i tested this. I pre clear for our raid force frequently to speed up the first target of the night. But if this is true I think it is a BAD decision. Like TimV and others said I enjoy going to a zone and being able to crawl the whole thing for exp and fun. I have seen more of EQ with instances than I ever did the previous 17 years or so. I have crawled to spots in dungeons in the instances and laughed thinking.. didn't even know this was here...pretty cool. Entire zone instances for raiding 1-3 mobs...waste. So many players take a group into a zone so they can relax, explore, and have fun without a$$hats take their camp or train them. Why make the game worse? less enjoyable? And HOW does this affect anyone other than the people going into these zones? Why nerf it. I hope it is an accident and gets fixed
    Shui likes this.
  9. Aaluvian New Member

Its not an accident its intentional, the primary and sole purpose of the AoC is for raid targets thus no reason at all for any experience gaining modifier on a zone instance intended for the purpose of killing a raid target
    Shui likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

If it is intentional it is mostly likely to discourage the pulling of instances by single groups to reduce the demand on the server, not because they have any sort of moral high ground about not exping in instances.
    snailish likes this.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

AoC’s were broken on Phinny sometime during velious/luclin mobs were repoping in the AoCs. So people were using them as private grind zones.
  12. Gnickel New Member

You found normal exp in AoC instances?
  13. Machentoo Augur

If it used to be decent, and now it sucks, that is pretty much the definition of a nerf. Doesn't matter if you think people shouldn't have been able to do it in the first place, it is still a nerf.
    oldkracow and snailish like this.
  14. snailish Augur

^makes sense.

Daybreak intentionally making something less fun/useful for no reason makes less sense.

Now if they would just bump LDoN XP back up to the once-upon-a-time lava hot rate some of us think we remember, that would be an interesting counterpoint. [100s of LDoN instances were meant to run at the same time].
  15. phaeril Augur

Definitely reduced. We did this often on agnarr when we were only half playing, pop an instance of the hole or permafrost, evac, and clear. We did permafrost the other day and clearing all the goblins from the entrance to the agent yielded < 1% xp. All of them, scryer and jail, archeologist and that whole loop. All of it. What was nearly an entire level in the regular zone was less than 1% in the instance. Will probably test that again this week with the hole.

Sure, it was never *good* xp, what with no re-spawns but just a straight up clear kept you killing the whole time and was passable xp if you were needing to do something else while playing.
  16. tryieq Journeyman

I have to say that in my opinion this will hurt more than help....it was never great exp but it was 4-6 hours of people that didnt know what they were doing to work togther and figure it out and maybe gain 20%....yup 20% is qat least all i ever got! but think about the working together.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

All current changes to exp including instances and ZEM changes have done nothing but hurt the players.
  18. Gnickel New Member

Any chance of getting a dev comment here? This is too brutal of a gameplay change to be intended without a patch note. If it's a bug I'd like to know it's acknowledged. Either way I can adjust, but the sooner I know if I'll be playing this game or another, the better. Thanks.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Let's go Dev's and fix this, if there is some issue with some AOC zone re-popping just nerf that zone's experience inside the instance until it's fixed....

No reason to nerf exp in an instance that does not repop :rolleyes:
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Get em!