Here's why limiting Exp on TLP is bad

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Kronotowin Elder

The people boxing a group aren't affected at all. The people RMT'ing Kronos on every new TLP aren't affected at all. Veteran Raiders with an active guild/discord aren't affected at all. Casual and New players fall even further behind.

Therefore limiting Exp only benefits players RMT'ing and Raiding. I would bet Daybreak actually sells less Kronos then average after the first month when the Casual/New population dies out. Once these Casual and New players leave they have lost a potential subscriber for life or until a new server launches.

There's a decent population that run the same strategy every TLP and they succeed in either selling Kronos for real money or dominating the high end raid scene. This population buys the same amount of cash shop items regardless of the TLP settings. Daybreak should focus on casual/new player server settings if they want to increase revenue with a larger population.
    Zoshiro likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think the reason they did this is because they know new servers are a cash-infusion primarily (a good damn guess) from experience potions and buff potions. Both of these require a) new characters and b) characters leveling.

Everything about Coirnav screamed cash-grab; as much as we don't want it to be (because it dilutes the population and alienates some altogether).
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

Why cant people post this in one of the 3-4 already existing threads about the exp on TLP's? We didnt need a 5th thread on this.
    NitroNic likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

We skipped the 5th thread and went straight to the 7th, fwiw.
  5. jiri_ Augur

And then we'll start getting threads about how everyone's max level and there's ten weeks left and uggh it's so boring.

If DBG wants to protect casual players, they could start by making a true no-box server. They could start by banning people who use macros or programs to play while not at the keyboard. They could start by requiring people to post under their own paid accounts on the forums so every TLP thread isn't shitted up by sockpuppets.

I really think people's opinions about the TLP servers are corrupted by their experiences on Live. The first few years of expansions just were not designed for a max-level player population. Chasing experience for levels is the key and soul of the experience, not sitting and camping gear to trade for kronos.
    Adrienna likes this.
  6. Poledo_EQ Elder

The only way this works is if you all start at level 50. If you increase xp gain in general, nothing changes, you level faster, but so do they boxers and RMT's. Nothing changes.
  7. Dawdle Augur

I agree. This seems do be what DB likes to cater to though. In my time zone, even now on a new server, there is hardly anyone LFG. If these guys think xp rates are to easy for them and their box/pre-made groups then perhaps DB should tone down the group xp bonus.

I work IT for a living and braking EQ was not my goal but in a way I feel robbed by this. Cheating sure seems to pay off for those now pulling all the mobs and dominating camps. There's a few places I can go where there are still red and yellow cons for me to box/solo but it's kind of a joke as the event ticks on and your sitting there waiting longer and longer on mobs to spawn. Playing 2 toons is not enough and doing this as a returning player or without a discord group is not working well.

I will level until the end of the event and then I will reanalyze everything I have seen and gone through here. I have noticed that some items for sale have been only for krono but I refuse to spend any krono on this server for any item. I think the player base have feed into this enough and whatever it is that's going on with these TLP is a little out of control but hell this games been broken for a long time. Things in EQ where never meant to be expensive. It is in fact why there was a limit place on what you could sell items for in the bazaar. The entire concept of this EQ economy needs to be reworked again. This is not a fresh start server where everyone starts off = and new players and vets all have a clean slate.

It's so easy to brake things, many people want to. It's like squirrels collecting nuts, the more nuts they get the more nuts they want.
    By granting bonus to grp.'s DB encourages more multi boxers. Variant used to grant a bonus to solo players.
    By having a slower xp rate DB has in fact encourage more pre-made. The game used to be balanced around both grp and solo play. That's why there's grp gear and not just raid gear.

Not everyone wants to sit in on a sausage party for 70 hours every week. I play when I am working on things or doing other stuff so I like camps where I can AFK for a bit while I med or not be glued to my chair. If I log in to find that there are not picks open or mobs at camps I'd like to hunt I will log. At this point it doesn't matter, Coirnav will already be the way it is.
  8. jiri_ Augur

So find or start a group. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I ran halfway across the world last night for a group and got three levels in two and a half hours. You don't need to commit 70 hours a week. You don't need to commit half that number!

Toning down the group XP bonus is the worst thing DBG could do. That's pants-on-head stupid. Groups are how casual players form relationships with each other, and those relationships are the foundation of the social pillar of the game.

In what other multiplayer game is "I want to play at 50% attentiveness and go AFK whenever I want" an acceptable thing? As with every other hobby in existence, you get out what you put in. Indifferent effort will yield indifferent results.
    A_New_Cleric and Shanarias like this.
  9. Nuther Augur

I've made it to 31 so far as a Ranger because I cant stand to play every minute of free time in which I am not at work. I did not XP last night. Once I get in a group, I am getting a level about every 2 hours (not bad). I expect it will become 3 hours per level once the XP bonus runs out. But, then I will have 3 XP pots saved, and another 3 coming on the 4th of the month. Three hours per level is not that bad, its like 1 level every night of the week, 2 on the weekend.
    jiri_ likes this.
  10. jiri_ Augur

I agree with that, at least. I'm playing Everquest; you're not. If group and solo xp rates are the same, there's no reason to group, and if there's no reason to group there's no reason for this to be an MMO in the first place.

If you're medding long enough to go do something else, you're not controlling your mana well and you need to git gud.
  11. Dawdle Augur

Ok I get it now, your real name is Forest Gump.

Just keep taking them. Happy hunting.
  12. RandomStrategy Augur

Seemed to work pretty well in Star Wars: Battlefront II (the new one).
  13. jiri_ Augur

The game that got boycotted and is going to result in Disney pulling the Star Wars exclusive license from EA?
  14. Critt Augur

ShivanAngel we get it... you're sick of seeing these get over it an stop looking if it annoys you so much sheesh....
  15. Fepyy Lorekeeper

yea more people quitting is bad for the game an the server
  16. Dawdle Augur

I see what your doing here. Very clever.

Already had a talking to cowboy.
    There's some good one's in this thread though.

I got a lot more if you want meet me over at /r/netsec.
    You didn't think I hung out on the dead Coirnav reddit did you?