Lost Wayfarer's Tent Trophy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghazghul, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ghazghul Journeyman

Description and what it actually does is way off. Getting less than 150 AC benefit (supposed to be 200) and more than 4K hitpoints (Supposed to be 3k H/M/E)...... Anyone else getting wonky stats out of theirs?
    Yes I removed all trophies and left just it so I could see what that trophy alone was generating for it's 800 plat per........
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You're seeing the effects of AAs on the HP gains and the effects of AC scaling on the AC gains.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Felicite, Sissruukk and Foliax like this.
  4. Fohpo Augur

Tucoh, Mehdisin Mahn and Fanra like this.
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

but important. I had just returned to the game a couple of months b4 RoS, had bought the mid level expansion, and after seeing on the Daybreak site, that the top tiered expansion came with a mount with (not sure the exact number) around 400AC, I spent the extra 50 bucks to get it. 400 AC, a great buy for $50. Well, I get the mount and it only gives me a few AC above previos, which added far less than 400. I email daybreak and they send me a link to a years old discussion on this site about how AC isn’t AC, and that even though they advertised 400ish AC, I should have read the years old forum that explains that 400 is more like 100. Pissed I was, I don’t use that mount as it makes me motion sick. But they got their $50! Had I seen that recent link, I would have $50 more in my bank!
    FaloverC likes this.
  6. Cloudia Augur

AH but you don't have to use the mount to gain the ac benefit. You can summon and then release it while retaining the secondary buff, same goes for familiars.
    And yes I think tips and tricks like that are to be found at Fanra's wiki pages.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I remember trying to read that post before and lets just say it did not leave me with more questions but did bring much pain to my brain. There needs to be an AC for dummies version and even for some of us that might be to complicated :confused:
  8. Warpeace Augur

Or Daybreak could fix the item descriptions to meet current standards and definitions of AC values.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have to admit that I have not really read what I linked (even though I was the one who added it to my wiki). It is way too complicated for me to want to even try.

My point in linking it is to just say that AC is not simple and any item that claims to give you a number of AC is always not going to match the number you see on your character. You will get some benefit for it. But your mileage may vary as to any affect it has.

Yes, the link was shameless self-promotion and I guess I could have linked https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/#post-3078126 and https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/#post-3078127 instead, since they are where all the information came from. If it makes someone happier, they can just go there to see it.
    Cloudia and Felicite like this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I am the last person to get on you or Almar or anyone else who helps out or community if you want to give your site a plug. You do more than enough for us players to deserve a little self promotion.

I agree about the complexity which I have tried to figure out that crazy post but just gave up because I don't understand that math. I just look at an item and if it's an upgrade I use it and if not I dont. I don't need to turn everquest into equationquest
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Viper1 Augur

Simply version of AC: there is a soft cap that all classes will hit VERY early. Like somewhere around lvl 50-55 with BiS in-era gear for the level. Above that soft cap, you only get a small percentage of AC gain. The actual percent is done on a class by class basis. So an increase of 100 points of AC as displayed on the item description, translates to 20-30ish points on your character sheet.

AC on shields is exempt from the soft cap, it gets added directly to your character sheet.

Because numbers on gear has skyrocketed since vanilla/RoK were in-era, the vast majority of your AC as shown on item descriptions is reduced by the soft cap.
    Fanra and Felicite like this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

Don't want you to think I'm against self-promotion or you linking to your site in an effort to HELP others. I was just poking fun.
    Fanra and Felicite like this.
  13. Cloudia Augur

It's all fun til somebody gets an EYE poked out!
  14. svann Augur

What aa adds to the hp gain of items?
  15. Drakang Augur

Natural Durability does in a way since it counts Stamina and Stamina Effects. So anything that gives Heroic Stamina and therefore ups your hps should be eligible for an increase from this AA.