108 where to hunt

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

So I have been in FM at the south goblin camp for days. Mostly I picked there due to no names so it's mostly uncontested and I redid all my UI hot keys and changed things up a lot so I wanted something that would help me overcome the muscle memory from my previous setup. I am ready for something a little more challenging and rewarding in terms of xp. Currently running sk and mage x4. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
  2. Fohpo Augur

EoK T2 is pretty solid, I really like Droga goblins. I actually do like the RoS zones, especially HS pit and ST despite it being a pita to get to for some people.
  3. Kelset Elder

At a minimum I agree with Fohpo about EOK T2 zones if you're ready to take on named. Getting EOK T2 gear is needed for ROS t1/2. If your SK is not in conflagrant, I'd work getting the pp to buy that by farming tradeskill items in Overthere.
    Fohpo likes this.
  4. Fohpo Augur

Really good points here, being in Selrach would help a lot with getting into OT and what not, being in Conflagrant gear would be a huge boon while you're waiting to upgrade the Selrach stuff into T2 RoS visibles.
  5. GoneFission Augur

I held onto FM until early 109, but then the slow grind got even worse. I did much better in EoK T2, but I went to Chardok instead of Droga. I could do better in a half hour lesson burn in Chardok than two or three lessons in FM.

Do all the goblins in regular Droga cast spin-stuns, or is that just the heroic? I couldn't hardly stand the heroic mission for the multiple spin casters.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Don't think they all spin stun, but a lot stun like in FM.
  7. fransisco Augur

If you can get RoS T1 or tradeskill gear, at 108 you can handle a RoS T2 zone with either 2 merc healers or a real healer. I did with my paladin.
    HS is a good place to start. Exp in RoS T2 zones is WAYYY better than the T1 zones (they are pretty bad).
    At 110, RoS HS exp is close to what droga/chardok were at 105. (sathyrs tomb is better but is a harder zone. Can't speak to VP but supposedly it rains exp there, ... and bodies).
  8. Fohpo Augur

It honestly feels like RoS T2 > EoK T2 > RoS T1 > EoK T1 in terms of XP, though that might largely depend on your kill rate. For some groups, EoK T2 > RoS T2 if you can manage to pull fast/groups in EoK but not RoS. I can't speak to VP yet, I don't have my entire crew keyed but I really like ST because it's usually empty and I can get both the first two rooms to myself.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Thanks everyone for the responses. My SK is my best geared toon by far. A friend got me a full set of EOK T2 visibles while he was out mass killing. I also have some random pieces of T2 non visibles as well. I have bought a couple pieces of conflagrant but I am over 300 in all the base trade skills and research so I was not wanting to go to crazy spending money on things I can craft once I get the mats to do so. I might need to look into just buying the mats in the bazaar and making everything myself. I am not a huge fan of indoor zones but I guess I will bite the bullet and try to plow my way through one of the above mentioned until I find a safe spot where I can setup shop and grind it out.
  10. Dart Lorekeeper

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone...

At 108, avoid T1 EoK like the plague for the most part, the XP is just terrible.

T2 EoK can be good, but you have to keep the kill count high to make up for the mob cons being low. I personally like Chardok (bridge or prince camps), Droga (wherever you want to set up, and pull with mage pet to avoid stun on pull), or anywhere you can handle in Lab.

The preference if you can handle it of course is T2 RoS which is where the good xp is. HS is nice but is a bit of a PITA to set up and move around in, ST same thing, great zone and easier to find "camps", but hard to get to. Personally, I prefer gorowyn for long XP grinds as its easy to get to, the mobs aren't to hard, and if you've killed in Chardok 2/3rds or more of the mobs will not be KOS.

The main thing though is what I said at the beginning, avoid T1 EoK like the plague 108+, its just not worth it (ESPECIALLY FM/Lceanium)

EDIT NOTE: Also, be aware that indoor zones (aka T2 for EoK & RoS) gives a dungeon experience modifier, which makes a HUGE difference 108+ and in general. Of course you give up your mount, but its worth it.
  11. Cloudia Augur

I'll second that, move indoors either Droga or Chardok. Plenty of places to either set up or as I do a rolling camp where I clear an area then move on circling back thru. This give you a variety of targets you can clear to a safe area and find spots to afk if needed for RL stuff.
    Yes it is a bit more involved to run there and get setup but if you are going to play for a while well worth the effort.
    RoS to progress but the t2 EoK for xp and funding.
  12. Gundolin Augur

I'm not sure why everyone is leaving the Labs out, if you have your blockers you should be able to handle Labs at 108 fine, and I think the xp is better there than Droga. If you don't have your blockers I'd get them.
  13. Kelset Elder

If on your servers components are too expensive, try a farming run in Overthere and see how you do on getting tradeskill items since you have the skills. Sarnaks and golems for silk, ore and conf plat. I usually do a moving lessons burn there and the xp is decent along with getting the items. Also, if any named are up, with your gear you should be able to handle them for interim gear drops for the alts. If you do overthere, don't forget to pick up the mercenary tasks, as they are just straight normal mob item drops.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The goblin stun seems to land a lot less at 109-110 for me which makes droga a lot more palatable.

As opposed to grinding I got most of my monk and mage from 106-110 from doing EoK progression I’d slacked on. Two birds can be nice if you don’t have your EotD1 done.

Also if you happen to be on Drinal shoot me a tell, I can make conflagrant whatever (free of charge) anytime if you supply the drops.
  15. Dart Lorekeeper

Agreed, though TBH even without progression done to acquire the blockers, it is still a great zone/choice for XP 108+. If you don't want to deal with Greenie Meanies (aka Kar'zok green sarnaks that aoe) staying in the tunnels is a good call. The mobs there are similar in strength to the harder T1 EoK zones, but you also get the dungeon xp bonus, and the named drop T2 items. If you are going upstairs, and plan on fighting the greenie meanies without the blocker, make sure whoever pulls is on the same side of the mob as the tank during the fight, as the aoe is directional and is done in the direction of the puller. Its not fun by any means, but it is not very hard to kill them with some small adjustments and taking into account the aoe and mana drain from them.
    Gundolin likes this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

I don't always have blockers on ALL my boxes, which still isn't the end of the world. It's more that the goblins seem to have less HP and with a zerk in the group, you can absolutely CRUSH Droga.
    Gundolin likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I play on Tunare but thank you very much for the offer. I really need upgrade the remaining slots that are from TBM. I think that will be my first focus once this bonus xp is over.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

I am thinking of giving this a try. I was worried I would be one rounded there which is why I was avoiding it. If I can farm mats to upgrade my toons and get xp at the same time this would kill two birds with one stone and knock out some progression in the process.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Only issue you may run into is farming silks for that many mages. You’re gonna need like 500+, so that’ll take awhile.
  20. Kelset Elder

I was EOK t2 geared with tbm augs on my paladin when I first went into Overthere. I did have a few issues but was able to manage. Use pet taunts for mitigation or add a second healer, but I think you'll be ok. Go in with full defensive aa's up on the first few and see how you do. There are a couple mobs by the main encampment that are easy single pulls. One of the golems near the entry would be a good test, just watch for the roaming cacti.