Common conversations with friends Subject : Leaving coirnav because of exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cynosis, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ShivanAngel Augur

that is absurdly fast... if that was the rate on coirnav I would have been 50 week one..... IMO that is to fast... but you wont see many people posting on this thread that exp is just fine. Just the vocal minority that want the exp faster
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think I meant to put 33% where I put 25%, but the rest was right.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

people that post on forums are vastly in the minority... but but but... that exp belongs on p99 where that population actually wants it.

Tlp servers are fleeting. Theres 12 weeks and roughly up until pop before coirnav is dead and or replaced as the new flavor. To put it bluntly, these rapid turnover tlp's cannot have brutal exp and expect people to come back each time.
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

Everyone has a different definition of "Brutal exp". Fippy 1.0 was "brutal exp" in my mind, where 20-30 took 2-3 hours a level. Phinigel didnt die until like day 14 when he was swarmed down by dozens of mid 30 mages.

Being able to do 2 hour levels from 40 onward is not "brutal" in my mind. it feels perfectly fine. To each their own, I personally am glad i am not level 50 yet, as there is loads to do other than just level and raid, and farming gear as I level up is part of my enjoyment of the game, and when you outlevel a camp in 2 hours that is not fun for me...

Overall I think everyone is really happy with the server and have not seen this mass exodus from the slow exp that is supposedly happening.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

And yet, you make that statement in a 6-page thread (one of many) by people who don't like it.

I'm glad you like it, and I don't want to take that away from you. But in the same way I respect your opinion, I wish you (and all the other people who are arguing, debating, and dismissing other people's feelings) would let other people have their opinions, too.
    andross77 likes this.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

Where am I not letting other people have their opinions. I am simply stating, in a thread about people leaving coirnave for exp, that this isnt the norm, its a small minority of people and there are still a very healthy population worth of players who are enjoying the server.

I would really hate for someone to read this post in this entirety who is thinking about joining the server that the exp is completely horrendous and then not join. They can see that not everyone thinks the exp is horrible.

I have yet to belittle or completely demean anyones opinion. I have simply stated my own and in some cases of horrific exagerations of how bad the exp is, stated my own experiences.
  7. Gemini Syringes Augur

Cannot agree more. The main argument I see people make against faster experience is "It's not exactly what I want, so no." At least they're being honest, I guess. What I don't understand is why for many of these people, the ONLY option in the world to them is slowly leveling a single character. What's the problem leveling another one? Or two or more? Instead of experiencing a camp for several days in a row, you could experience it several times on different toons. What's wrong with that? I don't get it. But it is what it is and unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a TLP with the best features and reasonably quick experience.
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

In that regard isnt the only real argument for faster exp "Slow exp isnt what I want so it needs to be faster"?

That is all an opinion on a subject is, I have simply stated mine. As to why I dont think exp should be any faster then it is.

You also completely missed the mark on the "camp my own gear thing". It isnt about doing the camp over and over because I particularly enjoy it, I enjoy doing camps to gear up my character. When you blaze through camps in 2 hours you only get to see what, 4-6 rotations of a particular name? that drastically reduces the chance of seeing your item. I particularly enjoy camping items while I can get exp from the camp. Slaughtering green and grey mobs to try to get an item I want is far less enjoyable for me, therefore staying in a level range for slightly longer is fine for me.

Also I understand the enjoyment of alts, I have alts and enjoy leveling them up on occasion, but it doesnt change my playstyle... I dont need to just grind out a character to 50 and immediately do it again, and again... I dont care to have 3-4 character at level 50, there is no point in that for me.

MAybe they should just make a TLP where you instantly hit max level/AA as the new expansion is released so you are raid ready right off the bat.
  9. TimeBreak Elder

Everyone on Coirnav keeps talking about how great the population is without taking into affect that its still only week 2 and 50% bonus exp is still active. Let me know how the population is 8-10 weeks into Kunark, with no bonus xp and most of the Krono farmers gone, that will be the true test.
  10. Wiff Elder

Just adding my voice to the "too slow" chorus.

I hit 18 on my warrior and petered out. The xp is (barely) tolerable now, but knowing the bonus was going away, along with knowing that the crowd will flock to the next TLP server when it comes out made it seem kind of pointless to continue.

They really need to make the current bonus rate the new normal if they want to keep people.
    andross77 and Crayon123 like this.
  11. Ajjantis Elder

I posted yesterday a sreenshot of EQ's Server population. I went ahead and got a new one from today:
    [IMG]
    Coirnav still the highest. I really dont understand what people are trying to achieve? If you think Coirnav is dead, what are the other server? Barren empty? You can complain about the exp all day, but dont spread false rumors, the server is NOT dead. It is actually far from dead. Every dungeon has more than one pick crowded with tons of groups. Thats what the experience is like at lvl 30. Im having fun, tons of other people are having fun. If you arent having fun, then the server might not be for you. Go have fun on the "low" or "medium" populated server.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

Come on man, you know how this goes if you've ever played on any other TLP's before, don't make Coirnav into something it isn't. It is by no stretch of the imagination even remotely as successful as Agnarr or Phinigel was.

Coirnav is less than 2 weeks old and still has the benefit of the XP bonus and cheap Kronos for people from other servers to farm... of course it is higher pop at the moment. You're going to see the population take a nosedive in about 2 months when people start doing non-bonus Kunark XP and the horrendous VP keying process. Those quitting now are doing so because they can see the writing on the wall, that ALL the future XP and AA XP is going to be slow as mud and without the benefit of this thinly veiled bonus XP gimmick.

Slogging your way through 50 with a bonus is one thing, but I can promise you no one is going to be doing alt leveling without some sort of PL and starter zones will be dead as a doornail after this bonus ends. This server is going to progress too quickly to have to deal with these kind of XP grinds, and a new, better server will be right behind it a year from now. That is what is wrong with the concept of Coirnav and why so many people are avoiding even getting involved in the first place.
    andross77 and HoodenShuklak like this.
  13. Ajjantis Elder

Valid criticism. I -personally- do not see an issue getting 10 level in 12 weeks when kunark comes out. I might not be able to get a second or third char in 12 weeks to 60, but thats more than enough time for 1-2 chars.

What bothers me are all these people posting coirnav IS dead when infact, its healthy and going.

Also the VP keying process has nothing to do with the exp rate of the server.
  14. Stylez New Member

don't know whats wrong with you guys, got 50 in under 3 days played grow up or go to an easier game. bad news EQ is not for you.
  15. Darksinga_Bonaduce New Member

3 days played = 72 hours with XP bonus. I'm assuming thats a static group, so no time wasted looking for groups.

Average player plays what? 2-4 hours a night? 5 days a week maybe?

20 hours played a week, that's nearly 4 weeks with the XP bonus. Take out the XP bonus and I'm sure it will be more like 6-8 weeks, which is fine, but yeah most of us with jobs/family can't invest 30-40 hours weekly playing EQ.
    andross77 likes this.
  16. Critt Augur

I guess the question for DBG becomes what is more likely to make money, a slower xp rate that means less people but a faster turn around on the server population (meaning they can release another TLP and enjoy the influx of cash that it always brings) or a faster xp rate that will keep casuals well past the prime rush to languish because maybe 1 or 2 guilds are doing raids (looks at Vox server) Personally I think they like the turn around and new server money, an don't really care about them much beyond that point.
    andross77 likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

If coirnav is so great then why aren't me and my e-friends playing on it?
  18. jiri_ Augur

Levels 1-4 or 1-5 are like the slowest the experience is until you get to 40 or so.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't think anyone is saying coirnav is currently dead.... But it sure isn't as vibrant at phinny and agnaar was....

Even using your own data from the same website, look at the 1 week totals based on pop per hour

Agnarr = here

Coirnav = here

Just looking at those 2 both are quite full servers, but the new one isn't beating the old one the whole day.... :rolleyes:
  20. andross77 Elder

This exactly. It's HILARIOUS to me when people are like, "oh yeah, I ONLY played a HUNDRED hours in the past 4 day weekend, got no sleep, used a vacation day, ignored my responsibilities, ate frozen burritos and mountain dew for 12 straight meals and got a URINARY TRACT INFECTION, it was EASY! You guys are NOOBS!"

Then there's those of us with jobs and families who just want a decent xp rate to play our favorite old game. Agnarr is that for me and most other grownups. Let the manchilds have Coirnav.