What do you want from the next TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kritique, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Turinbar Augur

I like the idea , but there will never be a no krono server, it is probably 40 percent of their revenue by now. I don't think they could get away with charging more than live servers for what is much less content.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

Cant put in LDoN with luclin because you can farm armor that is equal to elemental gear for points... you would have level 60's going into PoP with gear equivilant to elemental planes
  3. Lumiens Augur

I would def pay a higher monthly sub if they made a server that had something interesting like no Instancing, no boxing (not even "true" boxing) with a FV style rule-set. I know that instanced raids are popular, but I just don't see how you could have instancing and have FV style loot rules be meaningful then.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What you are asking for is a major krono farm.. An ability to remove instances to block access to content one can then sell at a premium price.

FV style loot rules + instance = a market of ever increasing loot that forces prices down.

Just look at sleepers tomb on a previous server, the only reason those items carry a high cost is because the access to them can be cut off.

Any non-instance TLP would pretty much end up like RF or LJ both of which had a mass exodus because of blocked content and boxing issues....

Your idea worked when there was 40+ servers to spread the population out in 1999 - 2000, doesn't work now.
  5. malaki Augur

To not open until Phingel catches up to live.
  6. Prisim Lorekeeper

All classes available day one
    All race/class combos available
    Agnarr XP
    Phinny ruleset and progression timeline (including AoCs, load balancing)
    Ranks of Volley added for Berserkers at level 30/40/50 and 61 moved to 60 (Kunark)
    Epic 1.5s moved to PoP (This is a WISH LIST!)

I'm still deciding if I'd want FV loot rules (no languages obviously)

And the grand daddy of them all, NO KRONO
  7. TimeBreak Elder

Since they tend to have 0 imagination, look Phinny 2.0 I mean Coirnav.

Give me Agnarr ruleset: same xp, unlocks, everything, but make it Lvl 70 locked.

2 biggest downfalls of Agnarr (which is still better than all other TLP's) is no GoD so no Zerkers and no OoW so no epic 2.0's

So you could say OoW locked or DoN locked, but I don't like locking at 1 expansion when there is no lvl cap increase by the next. So just lock it at PoR that way everything available at lvl 70 is eventually available on that server.
  8. Tyche Elder

I like the idea of a lvl70 locked more than a PoP locked.

For another try something different tlp how about

TSS starting
    Only Drakkin race
    Old world targets can be ignored but it’s a time + boss kill unlock so need Lethar to continue.

Maybe as an event server...
  9. ForumBoss Augur

-AoC's
    -FV loot rules
    -Phinny progression
    -Waiting a year until it starts so phinney lasts a while longer.
    -give or take kunark at launch
    -I wouldn't mind shortening xpacs with no aa and level increase (except maybe vellious), such as PoR and DoN.
    -Virtual Reality !

Kunark and all classes at launch wouldnt hurt, but I wouldnt play them. After all, pofear and trakanon/VS already have bst and ber class gear. But to warn those that want to play those classes, they may suck without, aa and wont get their epics in kunark. Daybreak would also have to put bst spells on old world vendors which would involve some work.

I personally don't care for expansion locked, if you want to stop playing or progressing at a certain point, why make everyone else and fragment the servers so much? It's possible to stop leveling or progressing, or leave a server if you don't like the rest of the content.
  10. Eels! The Musical New Member

Kunark-Locked
    Half of Coirnav xp rate
    All item drops are twice as rare
    Original VP Key piece timers and rarity
    No epics
    Language-Locked
  11. HappyPanda Augur

Corpse Runs?
    Eels! The Musical likes this.
  12. Eels! The Musical New Member

Old corpse run rules except:
    Corpses can be dragged by any player
    XP Rezzes patched out
    Corpses disappear when you log out
  13. Death Strudel Augur

You meant to add: character deleted I assume?
  14. Jsyn New Member

Perma death or PvP server would amazing and a wild change. It'll put the fear of death back into the game that it is missing
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you login, you die.
    If you get within 50ft of your corpse, you die. Corpses can not be dragged and never rot.
    If you amass 2 corpses your character is deleted.
    Every time your subscription renews, all of your characters are deleted.
    Every time you die you spawn randomly in another city, whether or not you are KoS.
    If you turn on attack, you die.
    If you die, everybody within 50ft of you dies too.

Just in case somebody thinks they are more hardcore than me, that outta do it. Oh wait, I forgot PvP enabled and the original Launch exp rate...
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Bolten_DA like this.
  16. Eels! The Musical New Member

And the character slot gets permanently erased.
    When you run out of slots, a GM comes to your house and kills you.
  17. Crayon123 Augur

This actually sounds just about perfect. Would play here for a long time like I did on Phinny.
  18. Risiko Augur

1. A new game
    It's been a good ride, but watching the same bad apples take advantage of everybody else gets old after 18 years. It's time to watch those same people do it in another game lol.
  19. ShivanAngel Augur

If it could be policed a 100% no box server would be interesting... Your reputation would matter so much more and when you cant play with yourself (giggity) being a in game would backfire on you.
    Krezzy and Risiko like this.
  20. urbanbo70 Elder

A group finder option that puts the group together for you.