Common conversations with friends Subject : Leaving coirnav because of exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cynosis, Mar 26, 2018.

1. TLP4Life New Member

RIP Coirnav

April 2, 2018.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

Yeah. He's full of it. I know people that did make 50 the first week, and they did it by playing near non-stop with full group exp pots rolling hitting camps way ahead of the curve. They were online nearly 24/7 that first weekend and the following days till they hit 50.

Anybody claiming they made 47 the first week of Coirnav playing casually is a liar.

The people that played casually (what Everquest gamers call casual ... aka 30+ hours a week) hit 20 the first weekend, and 30 by the end of the first week. Don't kid yourself, the experience rate on Coirnav makes that 17 levels between 30 and 47 seem more like 50 levels on Agnarr.

Why people feel the need to come on these forums and make bold faced lies to wave their epeen around is beyond me. You made 47. Congrats. Don't pretend you wasn't busting your butt to do it.
  3. Ajjantis Elder

You say exp gain is too bad and i say you exp too slow. Week 8? You realize that we have countless lvl 50 by now? Not even two weeks. Stop complaining.
  4. BadBeans New Member

My only gripe is the unlock schedule compared to the experience gain. My highest is a lvl 25 Paladin and I fear I won’t get any raiding in before the next expansion. I guess I’m too casual for Corinav and that makes me sad. I wouldn’t mind the experience if the unlock schedule was like 20 week schedule. As it is when the XP bonus leaves so may I because I just can’t keep up with my one non-box character. I love EQ as it was my first MMO but I also have a job and and family now. The only difference between the past and now is when I was younger had time to play and was broke. Now I’m old with lots of cash but no time to play.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. handlebar_mustache New Member

The experience rate w/ bonus right now is exactly perfect.

Dear DBG, please keep the bonus rate as the baseline for this server.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think that's a reasonable request. Then it's not the same as Agnarr, but not half of Agnarr either. I'd at least give it a second look when I'm done on Agnarr if that was the case.
  7. Critt Augur

I am no where near a hardcore player, just because I had more time to play on the WEEKEND does not make me hardcore lol. So perhaps the difference lies in perspective just like everything in this thread...either way not a lie. I was not on 24/7 I work full time 9 hours a day and I sleep 7 hours a night.
  8. Critt Augur

Risiko aren't you the same person that complained so hard about Phinni xp rates back when that first came out?
  9. TeeEHLpee Augur

How many hours a day do you think those countless lvl 50s put in? Launch weekend prolly 12+ hours a day for 3 days straight til they had to work? Don't confuse just 2 weeks into the expansion with the amount of time it takes to get that lvl 50.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

One of those early max levelers twitched the whole thing. At some point in their 40s they group was so delirious and they were questioning why they were doing this, lol.
    TeeEHLpee and Risiko like this.
  11. ShivanAngel Augur

I just hit 40, I have a full time job. The exp isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

PROTIP: some camps you remember being "amazing" exp back in the day were actually garbage and you didnt know better.

Orc highway, crocs and caimans, "orc 1-2-3", orc hill, the list goes on and on... These are nostalgia camps that have always given crap exp, you are just looking at them through rose tinted glasses.

Until 33ish sub 1 hour levels are possible, until 45 sub 2 hour levels are possible... You just have to know where to go and need a solid puller. (ps I have never had a chanter in my group charming)
  12. Crayon123 Augur

Dude, there's a 50% BONUS xp running right now. Do you realize how much of a difference that makes? As soon as its gone, this server is toast. No one is going to bother playing alts, new players will be scared off from joining after Agnarr completes PoP, its just a very poorly thought out server concept. They were hoping to make as much money as possible from milking XP pots, but people are tired of rehashing the same content over and over again just for a new server to come out a year later. Couple that with the fact that expansions unlock rapidly and its frustrating to have to spend so much of an expansion cycle stuck grinding trivial mobs you've done hundreds of times before.

People play these quick unlock servers for raiding, Agnarr is where the 'enjoy the journey' people are at.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  13. Weebles Augur

I would estimate roughly a 50% difference. But I'm not a statistician.
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

how fast do you want levels to be???

less than one hour levels prior to 35 with 50% is really fast. what do you want? mobs to give 5-10% exp a kill at 40??

Also, there is virtually nothing to do at 50 but do your instances once a week, thats 6 raids... 3 of them take the greater part of half an hour. Also you can do them at 46, 50 is the level cap but you can easily start raiding at 46.
  15. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I want it now. NOW!
  16. Crayon123 Augur

I think many people have been pretty clear that they want Agnarr experience levels. This isn't a mystery.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. ShivanAngel Augur

How fast was aggnar? Didnt play on the server
  18. Silvara Elder

man there are SO many people in this thread that want coirnav to die simply because they don't enjoy it. newsflash, some of us do like the server. we'll keep enjoying the server no matter how many of you cry about XP rates.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

For reference was an earlier post in this thread.... here it is
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Agnarr is twice the rate of what Coirnav will be when the bonus ends. It is 25% faster than Coirnav right now while the bonus is active.