Common conversations with friends Subject : Leaving coirnav because of exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cynosis, Mar 26, 2018.

1. TeeEHLpee Augur

Not here to spend the majority of my time leveling. So im out :)
    Thewiz, discordkitty and Crayon123 like this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Good to know. I had thought based on previous math that it was 80% (4/5ths), where you have 75%. So 3/4ths, which is a jut a bit slower than 4/5ths.
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

Level 39, in the right camp am still doing aprox 60-90 minute levels depending on pull competition....

Pre 35 45 minutes levels were the norm chain pulling mobs, I actually I think I did 27-28 in like 33 minutes or something insane. Granted I was ahead of the curve a little bit and it has slowed down a tad as more people catch up since I had to work a bunch....

EXP rate feels ok, here is the big issue most people arent seeing.

THIS IS NOT 1999, player power level and knowledge of the game have increased, requiring A LOT more mobs per group then 1999 did for optimal exp. If the mobs were available there wouldnt be a problem.

People also seem to forget that "back in the day" non hell levels 30+ still took hours a piece, we have been spoiled by the "current MMO".

Lots of groups are having a lot of downtime and are not able to pull the number of mobs they are capable of killing. This is because around 35+ there are not a great number of zones that provide solid exp and the competition for the ones that do is high. IF my group had an instance of lower guk uncontested I could easily do 60 minutes levels 40+ WITHOUT AEing. The problem is there is downtime between pulls while the puller looks for mobs. This is not 1999, Lower guk can only feesibly support 4 groups. One at frenzy pulling all of frenzy and one at hamlord, these two groups will also be pulling all the way to BR. One at king pulling all the way to crusader, and one at minos pulling the rest of live side....

SolB can really only support TWO groups... one at freeti pulling all of freeti, bats and bugs... And one at royals pulling every single kobold in the zone and still running out of mobs.

Kunark alieviates this a bit by adding more zones to grind in and taking some of the pressure off of those zones, but it will always be an issue. Sebilis can only really support 4-5 groups.

Also whats the rush? why do you HAVE to get 50 asap. Enjoy the journey, stray from the beaten path to farm an item your toon needs. I did that plenty of times, went for a far from optimal exp camp to exp in an area that had items I needed. My gear is fairly solid and I only bought one of my items, the rest of it I camped for, and got a little exp doing it.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  4. Death Strudel Augur

I have not measured OOT, but most outdoor zones are 30% below the average dungeon, more than some, less than others, but always the lowest measured. Now that's xp/kill, I haven't been on coirnav in a week but I imagine there may be no living frogs in lguk anymore so kills may be slow enough to offset the gap. HAMLord sucks unless you are able to pull at least Frenzy as well, if not past the safe-hall. Very doable with the right group and OOG support, but doesn't make you many friends.

This is one of those reasons why xp on coirnav sucks for so many, if you weren't in the initial pack you ended up competing heavily for spawns and are either making due with slow xp due to lack of mobs or slow xp due to poor ZEM. Loads of fun there.
  5. ShivanAngel Augur

Currently if there is more than 25-30 people in a pick of Guk track is pretty much empty.
  6. Raina Elder

I gave this server a shot, but by the time I got to level 3 and realized that this as with an xp bonus, I knew this server was not for me.

Good luck to those who play on it. Having levelled a character on ragefire, phinigel & agnarr, it was clear that levelling slowly on yet another classic server wasn't very appealing. It's almost amazing to say it, but I think you killed the progression server Daybreak. These used to be pretty special, and now I feel like they are just being recycled...
    Thewiz, TimeBreak and Lantherion like this.
  7. Derd Augur

Firona vie and corinav are the only servers showing as full. Your conversations must not be with enough people. Play the server you like play the way you like and have fun.
  8. Tsar Journeyman

^^^
    This exactly. EQ back in the day was about the long haul. The game was going to be around forever (and 19 years later still is, so good job) and there was no need to rush. It was like an Elder Scrolls game, you took your time, learned and saw everything, and moved on at your own pace.

TLP's are not places to wander and explore, they are places to race. But im not racing in a place that forces me to drive a Yugo. I have better things to do.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  9. TeeEHLpee Augur

This is more like pushing your car down the road at this point. Takes me back to the 'ol "Casuals shouldnt get to fight nagafen", then BOOM we have instances. You will change your model up when your bottom line takes a hit, just like you caved on instances / Nagafen. Until then, I dont see a change.
  10. slayerofbats Augur

Agnarr will not dry up 2 weeks after PoP, because people likely chose it specifically to enjoy PoP. That expansion takes forever to do the full progression, there are a lot of trials and raids and grinding to do, and it is all challenging to do with era correct gear. I am sure some people will manage to rush through it but I think it will take the average player several months at least to work through it, and they will need to guild up.

I would suggest just playing live. Force DBG to learn how to make better rulesets.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh... what did you plan on spending your time doing? I assume you had a plan when you hit 50. So you hit 50 in 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, whatever and you have the remaining time in classic to do what?
  12. Ahze Elder

Phinny beat PoP in a couple days. Most raiding guild did it in 1 week. It will not take any longer on agnarr.
  13. TeeEHLpee Augur

camping items, raiding, the option to play alts :)
  14. Raltar Augur

Of course Corinav has a lot of people playing. They are farming krono and will go back to their normal servers in a few weeks once the well is dry.
    A_New_Cleric and Crayon123 like this.
  15. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

Also people need to be smarter with their leveling choice. Ya lguk dead side is great loot but the mob density sucks, so many times through ragefire/phinigel/agnarr do I go to lguk and see live side completely uncamped. People would rather go to the dead side and fight over scraps in an heavily camped area then complain how slow things are.

Same with seafury island having like 3-4 groups on it or elite goblins have 3+ groups. Spread out, maybe try the hole its a lot bigger.

You can either camp loot or exp, but when that exp bonus runs out april 1st, then you should be camping loot, for now focus on best xp.
  16. Crayon123 Augur

Plus the XP bonus is still active, once that drops off and the Krono farmers are gone, place is gonna empty out. No one is going to roll an alt, lowbie zones will be dead.
  17. Brontus EQ Player Activist

After a lot of thinking about this and seeing both sides of the argument, I think the exp rates on Coirnav are excessively low. I've talked to many of my guild members and without exception they are concerned about the low exp rate on Coirnav. Once the exp bonus is gone the rubber is going to hit the road and the reality of punishing exp rates will sink in. Once Kunark is released the exp from 51 to 60 will seem intolerable.

I've played on Agnarr for about a year and I've created many alts. Every MMO developer knows that replaybility is king. I'm talking about alts. Alts are the lifeblood of a MMO because they keep people playing. With Coirnav, leveling up an alt will be horrendous and people will not put up with it and just leave. When people stop playing alts, there is no demand for gear to outfit those alts, which translates into no demand for Krono which means no money for DBG.

It is just not reasonable to expect that every player can afford an exp. potion to play Coirnav. I want to remind DBG that we are already paying to play on TLP servers -- it's not free. Please don't be too greedy or you will kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

I think a good compromise would be to take the exp rates of Agnarr and Coirnav and find a middle ground in between. This way the devs acknowledge the problem and look caring and responsive and also maintain the ethos of the Coirnav server.
    A_New_Cleric and TeeEHLpee like this.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Just adding my voice to the choir. I just quit Coirnav due to the low exp (and boring recycled content).
    Thewiz and Crayon123 like this.
  19. MaxTheLion Augur

This problem is not exclusive to Coirnav. With the recent changes to ZEM a lot of popular zones are seeing pretty big decrease in exp. I play on Phinigel and enjoy having lots of alts to swap into groups as utility dictates. One of my recent alts at 61 used to get between 10-13% per kill in Paw without the current anniversary 50% exp bonus. I now get 1-3% per kill at 61 and a 50% bonus is active. If their desire was to make Coirnav a slower exp server, fine. However, the change to ZEMs needs to be reviewed and more than likely reverted even though it should never have been implemented on an already established server.
  20. Mwapo Augur

Can someone go find the phinny exp thread? Curious how the two compare.