Hero's Forge drops on RoS named

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why the base set of Hero's Forge (available on the PoK vendor, Keliss Arden, near the soulbinder) can drop from Ring of Scale named?

I've had a few drop (only on named) since the start of the expansion, but I do not recall this set dropping in any prior expansion so it has me wondering a bit.

Example: yesterday, a "Hero's Forge Leather Feet Ornament" dropped in Howling Stones from "The Arisen Dragoon T'Vex" and I don't think it served a purpose other than to frustrate me at thinking it was the elusive Scaled Boots drop I have been after for months.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=87615

https://eq.magelo.com/item/87615
  2. Nniki Augur

Made me curious if they were using it as a placeholder until they had the real hero's forge for the expansion, but it went all the way through beta that way.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Arcron isn't from RoS?
  4. Nniki Augur

I was referring specifically to the drops mentioned by the OP. They dropped the basic hero's forge all the way through beta. Other places, of course, drop the RoS hero's forge.
  5. redline Lorekeeper

Yes the great feeling of killing a t2 named and thinking you actually got a t2 armor drop when you look and it's the basic hero's forge garbage...
  6. Prathun Developer

Unable to verify. The items sold by Keliss Arden are not dropped by any NPCs.
  7. Imak Augur

Months ago, I got the same drop from the same mob. I found it strange that merchant-sold hero's forge was dropping from mobs. Never seen another piece drop since.

[Mon Jan 08 19:07:39 2018] The Arisen Dragoon T`Vex's corpse says, 'Start digging your grave. The Indigo Brotherhood shall find you.'
    [Mon Jan 08 19:07:39 2018] The Arisen Dragoon T`Vex has been slain by Vuncar!
    [Mon Jan 08 19:07:43 2018] 1 item(s): Conflagrant Diamond given to you. It has been removed from your Shared Loot List.
    [Mon Jan 08 19:07:44 2018] --You have looted a Conflagrant Diamond.--
    [Mon Jan 08 19:07:48 2018] 1 item(s): Hero's Forge Leather Feet Ornament given to you. It has been removed from your Shared Loot List.
    [Mon Jan 08 19:08:05 2018] --You have decided to not loot 1 item(s): Hero's Forge Leather Feet Ornament. The item(s) will be available to anyone after the corpse(s) unlock.--
    [Mon Jan 08 19:08:37 2018] 1 item(s): Scaled Tunic Facet given to Vuncar. It has been removed from your Shared Loot List.
    [Mon Jan 08 19:08:39 2018] 1 item(s): Magma Stone given to you. It has been removed from your Shared Loot List.
    [Mon Jan 08 19:08:42 2018] --You have looted a Magma Stone.--
    [Mon Jan 08 19:08:49 2018] --The master looter, Valikk, has left 1 item(s): Glistening Kylong Signet on the corpse. The item(s) will be available to everyone after the corpse unlocks.--

Keliss Arden currently doesn't sell this item, but I believe he originally did sell the base sets piece by piece. Now, he sells suits.
  8. Prathun Developer

Ah, The Arisen Dragoon T`Vex and The Arisen Dragoon T`Vem are wearing those boots. Changed them to visuals that won't actually drop from the NPC. Also, removed the shield and spear drops from an Arisen officer and an Arisen marine.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Thanks for the change noted further in the thread. As to the above, Keliss has them in suit form (7 items packed together).
  10. Prathun Developer

No problem. Thanks for letting us know.
    I checked the suits and individual items and they weren't on any item lists which means they aren't dropped via treasure tables or global loot. A spot check of the items showed that the suits are available for purchase from the vendor or when re-combining the pieces in the consolidator. The individual pieces were only on reward sets.
    Once I discovered how the boots were dropping on these guys, I queried all NPCs to search for those that had the base Hero's Forge items in their visible worn slots and got no results, so it looks like the two rares in RoS Charasis were the only ones.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Di'zok/Arcron Hero's Forge Achievements WRU! :p
    Ssdar likes this.
  12. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

@Prathun: While you are at it can you look into the lack of DI`ZOK ornaments, please? Most corpses either poof at the end of an event or just have nothing. At least the Gorowyn raid event piles ALL corpses PC & NPC at the end, but the NPCs are usually carrying tradeskill items.... Please refer to:
    HTML:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dizok-heros-forge.248257/
  13. Brohg Augur

The only event we consistently get any ornament at all from is Fell Foliage