What do you want from the next TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kritique, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Kritique New Member

- Boxing up to 3 characters
    - FV Ruleset
    - All raids tuned down for 12-15 people
    - 12 week unlocks
    - Instanced Raids
    - Instance refresh timers cut in half
    - Revert pic zone change (allowing pics to stay up with 1 person in them)

Getting bored with the same TLPs over and over. Would like something different.
    ForumBoss and Paralyze like this.
  2. Fepyy Lorekeeper

How about normal xp rate to keep the server going long term- (looking at u coirnav... fk u daybreak)

-no boxing (ip lock to keep out running 4 accounts on one person)

-xp locks (ie: can't get past level 10 for first 2 weeks) to encourage people to group together , spend time exploring with friends, etc - and not just race to 50 and quit.

-maybe fv rules, don't really care about that one.
  3. Lantherion Elder

FV Ruleset
    Phinny progression
    Agnarr exp rate

that's the perfect server for me.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. Vandir Lorekeeper

a new game
    Hateseeker and andross77 like this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Slow XP doesn't kill the sever any more than fast XP keeps it alive. Phinigel had the slowest XP out of all the servers and it is doing just fine.

You forgot no krono and time limited so you could only spend max 15 hours per week playing.

Any other ideas to come up with a server that sucks so bad no one would play it?
    code-zero and MaxTheLion like this.
  6. Hane New Member

7. snailish Augur

Hmm. Let's launch 3 at the same time instead:

1. racing unlock server. no pick or instancing. Beat the content unlock the next expac on 2 week timer. Rewards for participating in 1, 5, 10, 25 server first kills and catching live. Characters dump to a live server and it starts over in perpetuity.

2. Phinny rules with faster than Agnarr XP. Ideally with 99% of loot from classic to PoP flagged no drop, tradeskill gear all flagged attunable. [That can be global game change]

3. Then you can do Phinny rules with FV free trade loot, because the new global rule change from #2 would clearly split the playerbase among these 3 servers, although playing #1 along with another is probably viable for the truly hardcore.
  8. Kobra Augur

As long as it has regular exp rate and not locked to a particular expansion, I will play on it.

Low exp is a deal breaker. I only play to raid I don't want to sit in lower level zones for ages, it has no nostalgic value for me.
  9. Kritique New Member

most Emulators have a 3 box limit. its a decent compromise between people who want to box a ton and people who dont. Id prefer to have as many boxes as i want. but to many people dont like it.
  10. Zansobar Augur

Pretty much this, FV Loot Rules, Agnarr XP Rate, but I'd also like the epic bottlenecks to be fixed.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pantheon.

But seriously...

Raids tuned to 35, max size 48.
    Instanced timers refresh on set day like tuesday and friday.
    High krono farm camp loot that blocks common quests or leveling spots is all no drop... gebs, for example.

I feel like these would be the most optimal changes to help what are largely casual servers.
  12. Nuther Augur

No PvP.
    16 weeks to unlock.
    Make it closer still to Classic.
    Remove out of era trade recipes - elf smithing items, etc.
    No boxes.

New zones would also be nice. I'm talking about a small XP pack with maybe a couple dungeons to level in at each range with unique classic balance gear. Or re-itemize some of the other zones that came later like Warrens, etc if they are unbalanced.
  13. Yruc Augur

Start with Classic and Kunark Unlocked
    All race / class combos allowed from the start
    12 week unlocks (8 weeks if no level increase)
    Agnarr or better xp rate
    Friona Vie loot rules (but not the language restriction)
    True box code
    Crayon123 and ForumBoss like this.
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

That's actually a better description of what I want. Can't edit my earlier post now.
  15. Xorsazis Augur

Tired of the Truebox code kicking me offline for doing 3 toons on 3 different PC's. Wish they would just limit the # of accounts to 6 or something. I'd like to be able to box a whole group between my wife and I. Would at least like to be able to do 4 toons total without getting kicked.

Also would like to see something with Kunark enabled from the start. Iksars are the best race, and Kunark had some of the best zones IMO.
  16. Critt Augur

• Start in Luclin
    • regular XP
    • NO KRONO (people can still buy an sell them on other servers and use them for game time if that's really what they do with them....)
    • Instanced raiding (INCLUDING Sleeper 1.0, none of this 1 group ruins it for all)
    • True box doesn't really seem to work so I'd say let everyone box a max of 6 toons from one household.
  17. MMOer Augur

My ideal TLP.

Start in Velious

Agnarr exp rates

Allow 2 box on same PC.

IP block and all other enforcement for higher than 2 box.

Player voted exp hot zone each month (cant be the same zone)

120 day (four month) unlock. Slightly longer than Agnarr

First unlock 5 months.

Instanced raids and Picks.

One character slot per expansion (starting velious would mean only 3 at start)

Standard loot rules.
  18. Krezzy Augur

• Agnarr ruleset is a good starting point.
    • Allow progress up to DoN.
    • Non-raid quest mobs and ground spawns will have a maximum cycle time of three hours.
    • All race and class combinations allowed once race and class are in-game. (Allow Halfling Rangers from the start; Wood Elf Beastlords when Luclin launches, etc.)
    • Remove all expedition timers Friday each week at midnight, GMT. This will allow guilds to shuffle raid targets on weekends without skipping a week.
  19. Stagentti Augur

I honestly didn't mind Phinny xp. Of course Agnarr is very nice lol.

Would really love a Phinny server with FV rules.

I had quit in 2004 and came back like 2015. FV was a nice server because I could get my hands on some older expansion raid gear at a decent price which made leveling and getting caught up easier. "Bad" compared to in-era but better than being naked. And no one was doing those raids anymore.

If I tried to join Phinny today and could get my hands on even Classic planar gear (just an example) that would make catching up a lot easier and more fun.

And anyone who had that extra stuff laying around could make some cash.

Just my 2 cents. FV system seems to work great on Live.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. MVPhil New Member

Agnarr Exp with instances and picks

Luclin at start(Would do Gates to get last class in but PoP is such a game changer)

Raid content (some zones?)time locked 6 weeks per expansion, no keys for VP/VT or greatly reduced farming(100% named spawn and increased drop rate on pieces)

PoP comes out 6 months after server starts and includes LoY/LDON

Expansions unlock every 6 weeks (no lvl increase) to 8 weeks(lvl increase) after pop opens

True box? (Boxing doesn't really bother me but wasn't around for the mage army servers, grouped with many boxers that I have found to be great people)

Fix enchanter/sk/wiz epic bottlenecks