disconnects and slow zoning

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Larkin, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Larkin Lorekeeper

The last few days I've had problems logging on and zoning. I can get to the character select screen but when I click enter world nothing happens for a minute or two, then I get the screen that says I've been disconnected. A few seconds later I go back to the server select screen. When I hit enter it tells me I have a character logged on already. This doesn't happen every time I try to log on, but it happens frequently.

When I'm able to log a character in and try to zone it hangs up. It can take up to 5 minutes to zone, sometimes never. When I bring up the task manager it says eq is not responding.

Many times, when I'm able to log in and click camp and quit I get the screen that says a connection to the server could not be reached.

I thought it might be my computer, but I had a new one ordered and it arrived today.

• 3.8GHz AMD FX-4300 quad-core processor
    • Windows 10 operating system
    • 1TB SATA hard drive
    • 8GB DDR3 system memory; expandable to 16GB
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphics with 1GB video memory
    • High Definition Audio with 5.1-channel surround support
    • Has 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 6 USB ports, DVI port, HDMI output, VGA output and headphone/microphone jack
    I did a fresh install to this computer and I didn't load anything from the old one. I haven't visited any sites yet. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Larkin Lorekeeper

p.o.r.n. is a dirty word? Daybreak must have some sensitive people working there.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You have to be aware that we're speaking americans here - where they wrap your beer bottles in paper bags so "noone sees that you're drinking alcohol" and where Hustler and others are covered in plastic with a "protective" strip covering the secondary sexual characteristcs,
    In short: a country where hypocrisy and bigotry is widespread and rampant.

Your actual problem is most likely from the chat-server issues we're having, since that causes the handovers (in the descibed scenarios above from login to world-server or from zone to zone) to time out and fail at times.

In some (isolated) cases, there have been reports about virus-scan software interfering too, but that's about the only client-side thing you have at least some control of in the context of the mentioned error pattern.
  4. Larkin Lorekeeper

Thanks Zhaunil. I'm hoping whatever's causing it is temporary. And yeah we have our faults in America, but I love my country I believe our good far outweighs our bad.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I would be wary of anyone not being a "patriot" at heart.
    But since you were wondering about the bad-words filter, i gave my explanation ;)
    And as a german who's lived there, i've got to say i am happy that i don't anymore. But that's not for here ofc. You're right: Every country has something that makes living there worthwhile. Just which you prefer is a matter of personal preferences and alternatives.
  6. slayerofbats Augur

The original EQ people were bible bashing religious fanatics. It actually affected the lore and gameplay in some ways. Pantheon started the same way too.
  7. xxGriff Augur

It is enough to make George Carlin roll his eyes...
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Larkin Lorekeeper

It seems the problem was with my ISP, Comcast. I just saw this posted on Facebook by the owner of a local computer store: "
    Comcast/Xfinity is currently experiencing major routing issues. Despite what their 800 number is telling you, it is not a problem at your local home/business."

It seems to be fixed now. I logged in a few minutes ago and didn't have any problems, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.