Coirnav XP rate extension?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Camdalf, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Camdalf New Member

I have been having a lot of fun playing on Coirnav, but the XP rate is just about the slowest I am able to put up with. I will not be able to grind out to 50 by the time the XP bonus will be over, and I'm afraid that when it is gone I will not have the willpower to push to 50. Has there ever been a precedent for Daybreak to extend XP bonus to a server, or increase the overall XP rate to help stem the slowness?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Extending the bonus, probably not. But they did change Phinny's exp rate during classic, though they changed it to the current rate that Coirnav has. So while there may be precedent for it, there may not be precedent for raising it a second time. Who knows. I don't think they'd see a single complaint if they changed the permanent rate to be the same as the bonus rate, once the bonus ends.
  3. Risiko Augur

Pretty much on Phinigel, what I witnessed was that people got the majority of their levels during experience bonus periods. Everytime DBG had a bonus exp event, people got online and did their thing.

The majority of the time between exp bonus events was spent doing quests and raiding.

I expect the same thing on Coirnav.

That is why it is imperative that you spend this time (the next 2 weeks) getting at least one character to at least level 46. You will want the ability to raid, and it will be a long time till the next bonus exp event.

Create your alts to save the name, but park them until after the exp bonus event is over in two weeks.
    Critt likes this.
  4. Aziuno Augur

This is the grouping boom.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Once you hit Kunark and are 60, grouping will drop slowly off until you hit luclin where it will stagnate, and become non existent with Planes of Power.

Once people have more stuff to do on their mains, they stop playing other characters, and they stop making alts as they now know the 'catchup' factor is ever increasing.

Exp boost you are asking about comes with Gates of Discord.

Other than that, keep in mind, EQ is a grinding game.
    If you can't grind, it may not be for you.
  5. Warlorf Augur

Lol wow, if you think this is slow you should have played back in 99 when it took weeks to even think about 50
  6. TeeEHLpee Augur

Those hell lvls were nasty.
    Warlorf likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

It was unbearable slow then also, the attrition rate was unreal so it is not that it had no effect it was just easier to replace players, unlike now.
    It is a grinding game through dev choice, there is actually nothing in the game itself that demands such.
  8. Tsar Journeyman

Statements like this really bug me. This is EQ, EVERYBODY played back then, or there is no chance they would be playing now. You are not special because you have been playing EQ for a long time, everyone has. Blah blah back in the day, blah blah hell levels, we all miss the old school opening video with the dragon flying around too.

The xp rate on Corinav sucks, not compared to 99, but this is not 99, and if this game wants to keep people playing (the ship has long since sailed on attracting new people) it can't continue to let the experience be so miserable for so long.
  9. Fohpo Augur

You could also, you know, not play on a server that was advertised as being low/slow XP gain?
  10. Tsar Journeyman

Oh, i don't play on it. I did for a few days, and found it just was too slow to be fun, especially since i am not done with Agnarr yet.

That said, i am historically a pretty hardcore EQ player, and typically undeterred by the grind. TBH Agnarr xp rates are crazy high, higher than they need to be, but Corinav is just unpleasantly slow IMO, and i suspect the financial return on this server will be substantially less than it would be if they made it less miserable to play on.
    Ronzark likes this.
  11. Voss Elder

I agree with this thread in that the vast majority of eq players probably had a lot more time as youngins, and have now grown up but are still passionate about the game!

The hardcore will always be the minority and will race no matter what.

No one is asking for wow mechanics, just the ability to feel accomplished with our limited schedules while adulting and still love the mechanics of the game we grew up playing!
    Ninjoe and Tsar like this.
  12. jiri_ Augur

For a player who's returning after a long period away, there's a burden either way. You can play on Coirnav, where you know how everything works but haven't really got time for grinding; or you can play on Live, where you will outlevel your skills, have a serious knowledge deficit and still probably won't fully catch up. I choose to play on TLP, but that doesn't mean I find the experience rate obnoxious especially since quest XP rewards were slashed to essentially nothing.
  13. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

See I don't think the slow exp is the problem. People seem to have trouble shifting their attitudes.

It will be one week tomorrow and there are plenty of people 30 plus. We have 12 weeks of classic. Unless your goal is to be #1 on the server, there is no need to hit 50 so quickly and start hitting the planes / dragons.

It's the same problem I see with people complaining about prices and items during day 1-2-3 of launch. If you see an expensive item and you're level 6 you don't need it. If you do want it, be ready to pay. But the people on the vanguard hitting 50 leveled with items and you can too. Instead of looking at all the pink text, clicking on item links and then QQing about how you only have 13pp and everything is overpriced, just play and enjoy the game!

Sorry if it seems I'm going off on a tangent, but I feel both of these are related issues. If you get off on raiding and going up to Plane of Sky, I can understand peoples' frustration with the exp, but most people don't seem to love raiding that much and constantly complain about the monotony of classic. If that's the case, then chill and enjoy killing stuff with friends and leveling.

Oh yeah...take a look at http://phinnyprogress.com/ and look at all the kill dates in classic and compare them to Velious/Luclin. Sooooo many guilds took their time during classic, but did just fine during later expansions killing the expansion "boss" mob just barely after the server first. Sooooo yea....stop worrying and just enjoy the game.
  14. Voss Elder

Oh I get it! I think what I’d like to see is having the ability for 2-3 night per week raising guilds being able to outfit all mains (not including alts) in 75% bis gear. This would sort of require the ability to get max level sooner than later because for a lot of people, raiding is where the game really adds a new dimension. For most, the grind is only what enables for the game to really blossom into what it was meant to be!
  15. Turinbar Augur

Would be nice but won't happen. Expect grouping to damn near dry up after the XP bonus is over and honestly ..couple months into classic server pop is going to die. This server just feels emptier and almost no guild advertisements in chat which is not the norm for a new server. I'm just using this to pass time until WoW classic servers or Pantheon launches. I have enough krono from other TLP to keep me playing till either happens. Honestly I think this is the last gasp for this game.
    Lantherion likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Guys, we all knew coirnav was a poorly planned cash grab. Just take a break or finish Agnarr. A new server will come out later this year.

I don't think their books are going to look much better. A new server is coming.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

New servers only work if they bring in new or returning players. It appears that, for the most part, Coirnav is largely made up of paying customers temporarily moved over from other servers (my opinion).
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Your opinion is a fact!
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Ready for a new server already myself, Coirnav is just horribly slow and feels deserted. No one is going to put up with the non-bonus XP curve long enough to stabilize a healthy population.
    Lantherion and discordkitty like this.