leveling 105-110 for F2P accounts(?)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khaliss, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Khaliss Augur

thanks again for the additional info guys, very helpful! I might purchase RoS for my main tank just to take advantage of level 110. It'll be too expensive to get RoS for all my boxed accounts. I will definitely krono up just so they get the extra AAs the other toons are missing out. Dart, hope to meet you ingame, maybe u can help a newbie out on some gear/augs you may may have sitting in the bank hehehe
  2. Dart Lorekeeper

Welcome, and my bad, seems I was wrong about the expansion it autogrants through.

And I'm usually playing my mage Catpus, feel free to shoot me a tell.
  3. smash Augur

Consider level up to 102+, b4 using kronos, because then you get most time to earn aa while the krono is active.

Otherwise you spend the time it is active, earning normal xp, which you have noting out of, then your kronos is worthless.
  4. Khaliss Augur

^ yes, I plan to krono them really soon... they are all close to level 104 (tank is already 105 & subscribed account). Also, any tips for FV free-to-play characters when it comes to armor/gear(?) since mostly everything is trade-able? And what/where to farm for augs, plat, & gaining AAs for the last 2 expacs?
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Auto-grant, since inception, has always not included the 4 most recent (including current) expansions. So, no auto-grants from RoS, EoK, TBM and TDS. TDS was the first expac that opened up levels past 100, so, level 100 is the last level that will give you auto-granted AAs.

So, you can level to 100 as F2P, and then sub to get all of the auto-granted AAs up to that point (assuming the account has at least RoF, to level past 96, and assuming it has CotF, to get ALL of the level 100 AAs). If you want to level past 100, you'll need at least TDS.

So, assuming you have CotF already, you can level to 100, then sub, getting all AAs to 100, and then buy RoS (discounted, because you're subbed), and then level up more in that month, getting whatever AAs you can in that time.
  6. Zamiam Augur

I could be wrong but I could of sworn F2P was up to TDS now ? i'll log in one of my old accounts to be sure.
    *EDIT* ya just checked my F2P account and it owns 21/24 expansions so TDS is included for F2P
  7. Hahlador New Member

All expansions through TDS are free at this point, so all accounts should be able to level to 105.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, my train of thought was just thinking what expacs the accounts owned. Never thought about F2P overriding that. Thanks.

So, that means anyone can level to 105, even on an F2P, non-subbed account.
  9. Zamiam Augur

correct
  10. Khaliss Augur

I krono-ed up all my F2P toons last night, and enabled Autogrant-AA... after logging in/out, their allocated AAs increased from 4K to ~10K average. Killing so much faster when doing a couple of Gribble HAs to test it out. All toons are now level 104 & 105 =)

I have a question about HA instancing or other similar group missions/adventures. Say if I purchase RoS for my main tank, and he levels to 110 (while the boxed alts/toons remain level 105). Would the HAs & other instances scale up to level 110, making it so much harder for my level 105 boxed alts to survive?
  11. enclee Augur

No the CotF HAs are capped, mobs con light blue to my level 110 mage.
    Khaliss likes this.
  12. Khaliss Augur

Also, any tips for FV free-to-play characters when it comes to armor/gear(?) since mostly everything is trade-able? And what/where to farm for augs, plat, & xp?
  13. Dart Lorekeeper

Well its not FV specific, and I know it doesn't hash with your current plans, but the best option is for sure using conflagrant tradeskill armor which is not prestige. The kicker is that you do need RoS as it is required 106 to wear.

I'm not sure what the next best option would be for non-prestige gear 101+, hopefully some others can help.
  14. Fohpo Augur

EoK T1 isn't prestige, is it?
  15. Dart Lorekeeper

16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

However, the drops to make EoK T1 gear is also NO DROP, so if the char you want the gear for doesn't have EoK on that account, you can't get the drop.

I.e., F2P account with no extra expacs can't get that gear.

edit - Oh, FV, never mind, that should work just fine, then ;)
  17. Khaliss Augur

yes, I was able to purchase some EoK T1 & T2 gear pieces on my tank last night from the bazaar! /ROAR (lol)
    not enough plat yet to get gear for my alts, it's gonna take a lot of farming to get them all geared =X So what do you guys recommend for farming plat & bazaar reselling?
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

If you haven't already googled your questions: http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/RoS/

That'll answer every question you have pretty much. There's two really great ways for you to gear 100 -105, Gribbles HAs and TBM quests:

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/CoTF/Locations/DeadHillsGribbleHAs.cfm
    http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/quests/TBM/GroupGear/ (FV Only)

If you run Gribbles to get gear (even if you don't want the gear the augs will still help out) you'll get enough money to buy more gear as you do it. Especially since you're on FV and you can sell Marks of Valor.
    Khaliss likes this.
  19. Khaliss Augur

^Thanks Almars! I've actually been using your guide since coming back from EQ last year, I just haven't been playing consistently, and mostly on Agnarr till I switched back over to FV just a couple of weeks ago. Good to know that you've updated your website with the latest RoS leveling guide (just going over it right now). This should give me enough things to do in game. Do you also recommend that I at least purchase RoS for my tank and level him up to 110? I can't afford getting the expac to all my other 5 accounts, so I guess they'll be stuck with level 105 for now. I just don't want to level the warrior to 110 if it'll cause issues with the difficulty on certain instances cuz of scaling. Thankfully, I've been assured by other forum members here that HAs (at least) will cap at whatever max level was when those expacs released, so Gribble HA should cap at level 100(?)
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'd recommend buying the expansion for at least your tank as that'll make everything so much easier. The extra 5 levels and like 20,0000 AAs are a huge difference. Only downside though is not being able to do the new content with your full 6 box and only with that 1 char.

I can't confirm that Gribbles caps at 100, it might be 105 but I can confirm they do cap out. I did hear they cap out at the same level the expansion was released at but haven't been in a HA since to confirm with my own eyes.

Also, I will probably add more to the last part of the leveling guide in a month or two. There's more I want to say about TBM heroics and more locations I wanna add in EoK. I'm currently trying to "finish" my EQ guides, as crazy as that actually sounds, before returning to work on Retro guides full time. My Tradeskill Guides 1 - 300 for every expansion are almost finished. Hoping to finish them by the end of the month.