Level 106+ Poison Trade Skill Items Still Broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Please fix the name of these poison components. they are the EXACT same as the level 100 ones. This deception is hurting bank space and Bazaar prices.

On this note..... its been BUG REPORTED several times. Does DBG pay attention to those things or is it a waste of time?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not a Bug.
    I will take it as feedback that you do not like that the name is the same and you would like it to be different.
  3. Jetboy Lorekeeper

Having 2 exact versions of tainted everything is a bit of a nuisance. No manner to tell which is which other than they don't stack or don't work for a specific recipe. Can one version at least glow or something?
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Technically, having two items with the same name (it happens way too often) is not a bug. It is, however, poor design. In my opinion.

The world has pretty close to an infinite number of choices to name something. There is no shortage of names out there. Thus, no reason why two different items (or zones for that matter) should have the same name unless the intent is to cause confusion, because that is exactly what it does.
    Aanuvane and svann like this.
  5. segap Augur

If it was actually intended rather than a time crunch copy and paste issue, it's a very annoying. Please consider changing this. Why can't they be "Conflagrant" like all the other RoS mats? Yes, they do drop outside RoS zones, but I think that would be less confusing than recycling the same name so that you can't easily tell things apart.

I ask people in guild to loot these things for me and parcel them over. They're confused by having two stacks of the same things and which I actually want. They're already annoyed to be looting stuff for other people, but they potentially end up carrying around 12 different stacks of crap for me.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just changed it. (INTERNALLY!!!! NOT LIVE NEEDS A PATCH!)
    eepok, Aanuvane, Bigstomp and 3 others like this.
  7. Imak Augur

Its not merely the two variants have the same name, the item windows are perfectly identical. Same name, same weight, same Req Level 100, etc.

Not only should the new items have a different name, they should also indicate Req Level 105.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

106 to match the poisons.
  9. Ninelder Augur

Can you increase the drop rate as well after thousands and thousands of RoS mobs and helping half a guild do progression I have 12 nigriventors to show for it!
  10. segap Augur

That's consistent to past drop rates and about the same as what I've collected thus far. Hence why I beg people to actually loot the stuff. Can rarely even get anyone to even sell to /barter. Would love a more common drop rate.
  11. segap Augur

Thinking more on the wish list of drop rate, I don't think increasing the rate would be the best solution for us rogues. We would still have the issue of a tradeskill mat used by one class (one that does appear to be on the more rare side) that most people ignore and never loot which also makes consumable items. While drops might increase, the actual supply might not be increased all that much. I'm guessing that whatever metrics they use to determine if drop rates are tuned correctly don't take in to account whether or not the people that actually need such item eventually get the items. And increasing drop rate to try to compensate will just annoy people that don't want to ever see poison mats drop.

Nigirventors is somewhat an exception since it does make an all/all poison, but I think the people who use it is a small audience. Most I make it for are people I ask to use it on raids which I need to use my very limited supplies to stock them with.

What I'd prefer is for the recipes to be updated to make a stack of 5 or 10 from one mat. Lore-wise, I think that fits as you might only need a minuscule amount of a deadly toxin to be effective. That would help compensate for the drop rate/never looted rate without making them drop so frequently non-rogues complain.
    Sissruukk and Ninelder like this.
  12. Ninelder Augur

I made a rogue leveled him up and grinded his poisoncraft just to make guildees poisons. Which I cannot do, if i cannot get the ingredients.

Having each substrate make a stack of poisons is a brilliant idea. Big thumbs up!!! please do that and increase the drop rate! LOL
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I agree, increase the drop rates, especially on the Distilled Grade AA Gormar Venom.

And thanks Ngreth for taking time to make the changes you are doing so far.
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Its hilarious that Ngreth made a change .. THANK YOU.. then we said hey change more ... so he Made another Change ... THANK YOU AGAIN.... then we said hey change more .....

Give the man a break! HAHAH
    eepok likes this.