How is the Coirnav server going?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. TLP4Life New Member

Coirnav will be dead by April 15th.
    Crayon123 and Lantherion like this.
  2. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Too slow for me. Not worth the time in my opinion. A LOT of box teams. Just not worth the hassle.
  3. Lantherion Elder

yeah coirnav will be dead once the xp bonus is removed, the only people remaining will be the high level players and even then half those will quit when they see how bad the kunark grind will be.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

Tried it, joined a pre-formed guild even, quit by the end of day 3.

The XP rate is a big step backwards. The fact that this server has a 50% bonus already boggles my mind. Hitting 50 is one thing, but having to deal with this same XP rate from 50-60 in Kunark and then further with AA's is just not worth my time. It is SLOW! Talk about a cash grab for big XP pots, even then, they don't seem to move the bar much faster.

Couple that with the fact that the initial launch population is probably 30% of what Phinigel was, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Coirnav is in serious trouble in the long run. I've never seen so many people boxing 3, 4 or even 6 toons on any TLP and I've played on every single one since The Combine.

Definitely the worst one so far, you'll see 3-4 bigger guilds that raid here and that's it IMO. The hype just isn't there, lots of complaining in game and across the forums, saw copious amounts of people not even make it out of the newbie yards before deciding that this server wasn't for them. Why bother slogging through old expansions with bad XP, when in a year a new one will be out, most likely with a more interesting ruleset.

For the first time in my life, I will not be recommending this TLP server to anyone. Swing and a MISS!
  5. Nolrog Augur

That's because people like to complain. Some people, if they aren't complaining, they aren't happy. When was the last time you saw someone post about something they were happy about? Those people just go on playing, enjoying things and living their life.
  6. Nolrog Augur

The XP was worse on Phini and that didn't happen.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Phinny was the best thing going at the time. It was also unique at the time. These are critical differences...

Coirnav isnt the only game in town right now. Plus there is a precedent for about yearly or less new servers.
  8. Farore Journeyman

oh look, another thread with the same 3-4 people complaining. how are you not banned from the forums yet hooden? i wouldn't be surprised if this thread was being propped up by a couple of alts giving "similar views" to the handful of same complainers.

stop claiming coirnav is dead. people came back for coirnav that weren't interested in the pop lock of agnarr. these people are not interested in agnarr. deal with it.
  9. Numiko Augur

Just an observation but there seems to be a lot less people playing on the first weekend then there was on Phinny's first weekend.

Not nearly as many picks of each zone, though that could also be effected by the rapid way they close when population drops now, it just felt like I was running into way fewer people.
  10. Farore Journeyman

@Numiko it's 100% the change in how picks work. there used to be tons of picks on phinny because 1 person could keep a pick open all night to "hold" for their group. i remember leveling on phinny and often seeing a pick with only 6-7 people total in it. now that picks close when you hit sub 5, there's no false inflation of picks. you could argue this makes it harder to find a group but i've had zero issues getting a group on coirnav in the popular zones. even seen some of the slightly less popular places getting some love like sola and najena.

bottom line, phinny was the first "true box" of course it will be the most popular. it's like critical thinking has gone out the window with some of the people on this server. coirnav may be modeled after phinny but it will never BE phinny. however, there will be enough crowd to sustain this through pop and beyond regardless of exp rates.
    Risiko and Critt like this.
  11. Darchias Augur

Uh... while this is definitely an attitude that exists, the more likely reason is that when people are happy with things, they typically don't log on to the Everquest forums and make a new thread saying, "I'm perfectly content." All you hear is complaints because the people who don't want to complain have nothing to say.
  12. Depopulate New Member

I've had fun so far. The exp does seem slow but I came back to capture that old nostalgia feeling and that's definitely part of it. Seeing way more multibox/autofollow groups than I thought though. I haven't been all access in years but decided to renew my subscription for a month when I read that it was going to be a "true-box server" and that's turning out to not be the case. If its bad enough then I'll just cancel my subscription again in a couple of weeks.
    Lantherion likes this.
  13. Nickatropolis Augur

so by this logic, auto-follow =/= true box?
  14. Hels New Member

My experience has been mostly positive. I'd ignore all the "end is near" and "server is dead" doomsayers and whiners. I saw people screaming "dead server" within 2 hours of launch on chat channels.

1) I haven't had LFG up for more than 5 minutes tops as a monk before getting a group invite. I've had much better luck on Coirnav with getting groups than I did on Agnarr.
    2) I don't get the whining about xp. I didn't use any exp pots, barely played on Friday, played a good amount Sat and Sun and I'm 20th level. Did people want the Agnarr experience of level 50s within 24 hours? Is that what they're upset about?
    3) I've seen a numbers of boxers yes, but they don't seem as aggressive and hostile as they were on Agnarr. Honestly the only asshattery I've seen so far is a high-level mage from the Relentless Insomnia pass through the lowbie group I was in and obliterate the orcs we were pulling, laugh at us, then leave. Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest since I've heard that's the new Faceless, so I guess they have to start their toxicity ASAP.
    4) The Krono farmers are mostly getting laughed at from what I can tell. I guess a lot of their usual farms were removed, so I've seen nonsense like "Allure 10kr" and "Impskin Gloves 4kr current offer" (for like 3 hours).

Best I can suggest, give it a shot, if you hate it, go to another TLP, not like there's only 1 to choose from.
  15. Dawdle Augur

Well I gave it one more try but this time I started a guild. Then I sent tells and invites to all the people lfg in an attempt to get some lvling grps started. I thought that might be the way forward.

This is a lot of work however not grinding xp so I looked around on the server and /who all <guild> a few names I saw. I checked to see if they had a decent amount of members on in my time zone and sent out a few tells asking guilds I selected if they had any xp grinding party's going.

I finally found somebody in one of those guilds that said sure and sent me an invite. I then joined that guild. I lvl'd with them until everyone camped for the night, which is like 4pm my time lol.

So the next rout I went was remembering the names of people lfg yesterday and then seeing who was progressing as well as me and one name stuck out. I sent him a tells asking if he'd be interested in a grinding party for like 8 to 10 hours. He sent an invite, we lvl'd for another 8 hours before I had to get rdy for work and leave.

Now sitting at 21. Hopefully we can grind out the week on Euro/Asian time zones.

Guild seems nice but many people still lower lvl then me and a few that are ahead. As long as I keep finding grps I will continue to lvl and play but during an event like this if I cannot find a grp I will log onto Agnarr or FV and plvl the hell out of some new alt.s

Good luck, I feel like for the time I have in so far, over 30 hours, I am falling behind. Should have gone with more box but most people in this time zone play at least 2 thank god. We had 3 people playing 6 toons and it was a really good combination. Steady exp. Now if this guild pans out even better.
  16. Turinbar Augur

I can tell you this. EC tunnel is almost unpopulated and I see very very few guild advertisements in chat. This is anecdotal but on Agnarr and PHinny we easily saw a dozen guild advertisements the first few days.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  17. vylo Augur

Am cleric, groups are easy to get. Even easier if you simply start one, because when people see a cleric, they feel secure. Tanks are the hard ones to get. Several of my groups have had no real "tank", and relied on chanter pets and bards.
  18. Crayon123 Augur

Very true, empty tunnel and only a handful of guilds really. This server is going to have a tough time in the long run, have never seen it this bad.
  19. vylo Augur

Tunnel is growing. I ran a mule there Sunday and it was a ghost town. Last night it had at least double the people.

This server launch is no Agnarr, but I think the population will trickle up starting in late April.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

That's the problem, double of nothing is still insignificant for the amount of effort required for people to level on Coirnav outside of the bonus XP.