Anyone do VT since patch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malaki Augur

They should revert back and have the trash AE blind again.
  2. wherehouse Lorekeeper

We cleared it today in around 5 hours in a dz
    Actually killed DXVT first to see if that would despawn the warders but it did not. Mini-aten warders depopped for a second but then respawned. Appears that you have to kill both DXVT and TXD to get them to despawn.

I don't believe that this is intended behavior, locked door and all. Even back in the day you didn't have to kill both top floor bosses to despawn the warders... and seeing how this is not the same behavior as OW it definitely sounds like a dz-specific bug
  3. Hemick Journeyman

In open world as of 3/17/18, this is how it was working. Va Xi Aten Ha Ra and Thall Xundraux Diabo were both up, Diabo Xi Va Temariel was not. Warders were spawned in Va Xi Aten Ha Ra's room.
  4. SirLord Journeyman

Our guild attempted VT tonight and the warders bugged and we were cheated out of loot after four hours of clearing trash. The intended behavior is that the warders despawn after EITHER North or South on the first floor are dispatched. The current behavior requires both wings to be killed--which is insane and barely doable with a full force within the DZ timelimit.

In my opinion, the leashing is sufficient to up the difficulty. The warder changes make it nearly impossible to do in a reasonable amount of time. I suggest getting rid of the warders altogether.
    These issues were reported on the test server. Why do we have test server if that feedback is not adequately considered?
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

We cleared OW today, and the warders function exactly as instance. Requiring that a force clear both north and south after one way doors is not the original mechanic, but I doubt it'll get fixed. Thankfully the zone does work even if it does take forever to clear.
    Boosi likes this.
  6. Zefirus Journeyman

Yup, requiring to kill north and south wings of same bosses. Definitely not as intended. I doubt however that the folks who patched this have ever run through vt before. Its worked for 16 years, lets mess it up.
  7. Cahal New Member

Diabo Xi Xin Thall banished people if the tank got out of melee while trying to reposition even though all the previous bosses were dead. The warders to the north and south of Thall Va Kelun were banishing people before we even engaged while just running to him. Mini Aten's warders dont despawn after killing either of the wing bosses. You must kill both to have them despawn. This is clearly not intended as there is a closed door you click to teleport through at the end of each wing and you can't get back to clear the other side without CoTH your entire raid or reclearing through all the traps again. This is absolutely ridiculous. Why was this even changed to begin with? What is the point of the test server if you are told its broken on test and then implement it onto live in its broken state?
  8. Kalvir New Member

So why are we still getting the 30 minute reset message in VT instances?
  9. TimeBreak Elder

Definitely screwed up. Due to zone repop Thursday we still had 2 blobs and Aten left. Zoned in, zone fully popped, then depopped, then popped with just blobs and Aten but no warders or trash and almost immediately got a 30 min repop message. After killing everything we now have a 12day Aten lockout and a 10 day replay timer. So no matter how you cut it, between the warders and the replay timers we are getting screwed out of at least 1 if not more Vt instances
  10. VTisBroken New Member

Wish the Dev's would stop ignoring this issue and acknowledge they broke Vex Thal. I mean no big deal right? Only the current high end zone for an entire server on premium... Please just reverse your changes since you did not listen to the feedback provided on test...
  11. bbqpulledpork New Member

Our guild also tried to finish VT tonight. Had another zone repop just like Thursday @8:50 PM EST. Had to go back and kill another boss and clear trash again. We can't do it in the 6 hr limit with the zone repops like they've been doing. Again, this is INSTANCED, NOT open world.
  12. bbqpulledpork New Member

I know the devs put a lot of hard work into making VT changes, but it really is griefing the players. If you roll it back there's no shame in it. Just lesson learned and let's all move on.
  13. Hemick Journeyman

It seems like they just need to hotfix it. Killing either Thall Xundraux Diabo or Diabo Xi Va Temariel should despawn the warders at Va Xi Aten Ha Ra. It's not rocket surgery and the scripting for despawning them at Diabo Xi Xin and Diabo Xi Va already works, so clearly they can do it.
  14. TimeBreak Elder

That's 1 fix. That still doesn't fix the zone repops and double duration lockout timers.
  15. Rouan Augur

They should just disable traps spawning in the instance so the trash clear is significantly reduced. Any guild that ever seriously did VT back in the day CotHed past a significant portion of trash.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly i think the best fix they can do to help casuals is cut the trash hp in half. There is NO skill check for the raid force in clearing trash with huge hp. Its just a time sink and ultimately hurts casuals, i.e. 97% of agnarr and probably tlp in general.

If you cut trash hp in half respawns become more trivial, having to clear slightly more wings is also less burden. Plus they dont have to look for some tricky bugged code.
  17. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

We AE clear VT now, only way to deal with it. Gogo Gadget 6500+ raid DPS.
  18. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

From what I have seen and heard over the past three weeks starting with people complaining about mobs being pulled to the entrance, I think they should leave VT "as-is" and in its current state.

Some people need a palpable reminder that sometimes the squeaky wheel gets some grease, other times that wheel simply gets replaced.

Maybe the next time some over zealous P99'er won't be as jaded and come to the forums to complain about "fairness" or "cheesing" if he knows his casual nose might be cut off to spite his hardcore face.
  19. bbqpulledpork New Member

If it's not going to get fixed can a Dev at least tell us how to stop the zone from repoppi g or at least what triggers it? We did 2 full 6 hour instances until we got booted because we had to clear trash to a boss, clear trash to a next boss, zone repop, then clear trash back to the last boss, kill it again, then clear trash back to the boss we were already at. Every trash mob seems to have an enormous amount of HP and also summons another trash mob when it dies.

@devs
    Does the zone repop at a certain time every day? Does it repop after a certain mob death? Is a gm repopping the zone? Is this supposed to happen? Are u aware of it?
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

As a member of a guild large enough to do an entire clear of VT in 5 hours (and from your post history it appears you weren't one of the ones complaining), I feel for you. So many people from smaller guilds complained and cried out for DBG to do something to slow down bigger guilds....and when DBG did do something, it all the smaller guilds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.