Filter out Necro/SK conversion spell spam?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tnslife, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Tnslife New Member

So again I make a post because searching the forums yields me no answers. /sigh

So frequently when I'm in pok or guild lobby, I get spammed with necro and sk taking damage from their hp conversion spells. I tried to filter it out into another chat window, and through experimentation, discovered that these spell spam messages are actually tied to "my spells"

Why????
    And is there a way I can filter this stuff into a "junk" chat window and still see information for my spells in the regular window? Is this a weird bug that needs to be fixed? I can't possibly be the only person who sees this spam all the time.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Because they've got no clue about filtering.
    You are definitely not the only person seeing this, nor the only one to be much annoyed by it. The problem has been reported so many times over the years it's not funny, but they still chose not to do anything about it. No you can not separate them. Yes it is a bug that would need fixing, but it hasn't been acknowledged as such afaik. On my casters, i gave up and simply check for crits which are on a different filter; who cares about what damage you do - one can always parse that later *sigh*.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I keep thinking that the best solution might be to just throw most everything into a trash window, and then use your own log parsing program to put the messages you want to see into "overlay" windows, providing a very customized solution. I'm thinking this would also help with multiple toons, so you wouldn't have to watch chat windows on your boxes (for /tells or important messages like getting hit, etc.).

Unless DBG is planning to allow regex filters in their chat windows sometime soon :)
  4. Gnickel New Member

Go to ALT+O (options) >> CHAT tab (5th tab from the left) >> Scroll down the list and select "DAMAGE OVER TIME" and look down at the bottom right corner of the page to select MINE ONLY from the drop-down menu.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

As long as you aren't trying to parse :)
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, that works.
    However, i have set it to "group only" and it shows everything.
    And on filters it is bound to "my spells", which is clearly wrong.
    So while one can filter it out as you suggest, at the cost of loosing parsing data, one should not have to, if it'd work as it's supposed to.